• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Perhaps the pro-gun side is exaggerating....

rogersmithiii

NES Member
I have a friend who works part time at a pretty big gun shop in the area.

He was saying that the ATF showed up to do an inspection. They apparently found some paperwork issues that had to be cleaned up. The shop did not get shut down, and the ATF guys were polite and professional. According to the pro-gun press, the ATF under pressure from Ice Cream Joe and his elves are shutting down every gun shop who even fails to dot an I or cross a T. As of today, the shop is still open, and selling iron.

Maybe those shut down shops were really doing questionable stuff, or were really negligent. Or maybe something else other than some trivial paperwork issues were going on. Who knows?

Maybe there's propaganda on both sides.

I'm sure there is propaganda on both sides. It's like any kind of news, sources and stories need to be verified and the slant from the story needs to be removed.
The head of the ATF is a grade A tool bag though. You don't need to verify that, no slant, I'm a good source and only speak the truth...lol

He was saying that the ATF showed up to do an inspection. They apparently found some paperwork issues that had to be cleaned up. The shop did not get shut down, and the ATF guys were polite and professional. According to the pro-gun press, the ATF under pressure from Ice Cream Joe and his elves are shutting down every gun shop who even fails to dot an I or cross a T. As of today, the shop is still open, and selling iron.

Maybe those shut down shops were really doing questionable stuff, or were really negligent. Or maybe something else other than some trivial paperwork issues were going on. Who knows?

An anecdote of failure to do bad things isn't data.

Everyone assumes the worst on their opponent. Nature of hte beast. How often have you seen a douchebag cop video on YT. Ever interact with a cop? Ever find he's a d-bag? I've yet to encounter one.

I would say your rank and file ATF worker is just that. They have no political agenda. Just doing their job.

I did get a line Nazi at Penn Station on Tuesday. Guy MADE everyone walking triple the distance to go down to the Acela because that's how HE wanted it. Berated people for moving hte MOVABLE ropes. LOL. D-bags everywhere. He was the only douche I bumped into in all of NYC.

Everyone assumes the worst on their opponent. Nature of hte beast. How often have you seen a douchebag cop video on YT. Ever interact with a cop? Ever find he's a d-bag? I've yet to encounter one.

I've been driving a lot of years and I've only run into one real d-bag. It was a Statie on Rte. 3 heading north. I was around Billerica/Chelmsford and he pulled me over for speeding. I was speeding however I was traveling at the same rate of speed as everyone else. Guy came up yelling and screaming and he actually scared me. He walked around my car and looked at everything, asked me to flip on the blinkers etc. Gives me this line of crap about how I was weaving in and out traffic etc. Total BS. If you were ever on Rte. 3 North when it was 2 lanes during evening commute you know, for the most part, there was no way to weave in and out of traffic. Regardless the Statie yells at me some more and gives me a ticket for speeding, unsafe lane change and failing to signal or something like that. I took it to court and got everything dropped except the speeding.

Cuz they're all in Chode Island.

Every interaction I've had with RI LEO's has been terrible, Mass LEO's has been excellent.

If I sell 10 guns and Bass Pro sells 1000, they are probably going to have more guns used in illegal activities, right?
It's logical to assume that, which is why when I see shops like the Gun Parlor and D&L on the list, but not Shooter's Outpost it's not a surprise as Worcester and Warwick are bigger cities.

Bass Pro Hooksett better watch it, the ATF is watching.

D&L is the biggest gun shop in RI so of course they have to be on that list. They have the best deals for us in this crap state so the Biden administration has to go after them. I'm sure the most successful gun shop in every state is on their BS list

Not sure if serious. Just because some ATF agents aren't full on thugs doesn't mean there isn't a continuous pressure against dealers. Also there are "grades of sins" and most of the minor ones are survivable.

It's logical to assume that, which is why when I see shops like the Gun Parlor and D&L on the list, but not Shooter's Outpost it's not a surprise as Worcester and Warwick are bigger cities.

D&L is a huge GB/internet dealer as well. So not sure if they get dinged on a trace count even if they're not the last dealer.

I know of two shops that ATF closed due to very innocent mistakes in paperwork. Totally unintentional errors that didn't result in any improper transfers. Any mistakes are being called willful violations.

I would say your rank and file ATF worker is just that. They have no political agenda. Just doing their job.

I did get a line Nazi at Penn Station on Tuesday. Guy MADE everyone walking triple the distance to go down to the Acela because that's how HE wanted it. Berated people for moving hte MOVABLE ropes. LOL. D-bags everywhere. He was the only douche I bumped into in all of NYC.

You obviously haven't had a great sample rate... I've run into a few that were flaming douchebags that, in a just world they'd literally be fragged by other cops for making them look bad. It’s certainly not statistically insignificant number, but if you are a boring domestic most of the time I can see how joe average domestic never met a bad cop because their sample rate is terrible.

An anecdote of failure to do bad things isn't data.

This. It's like saying the cops are great when you got pulled over doing 130 and the cop you got was cool and was more impressed than pissed off because you happened to get a good guy that day...

Meanwhile a fair amount of the people he works with..... are often at varying levels on the flaming douchebag scale....

I know of two shops that ATF closed due to very innocent mistakes in paperwork. Totally unintentional errors that didn't result in any improper transfers. Any mistakes are being called willful violations.
People on here should and will sympathize with the shop owners. But if John Doe answers a question wrong on his LTC application he's a liar.
Nevermind the small talk.: Were you able to get their dealer licenses back?

Bass Pro Hooksett better watch it, the ATF is watching.

That's basically just a list of the largest gun shops. The more volume of guns a shop sells, the more likely that a buyer down the line is going to sell the gun to some dirtbag. None of which has anything to do with what the gun store did or didn't do. But this is part of the propaganda to demonize gun stores.

It would not surprise me if the ATF's douchebaggery is being applied in an uneven fashion, for reasons known only to the ATF.

It's not propaganda that the ATF changed the definition of "willful" in their Administrative Action Policy (AAP) to mean absolutely any error made since the licensee agreed to the terms of licensure when signing on the line. Errors for which ensuing corrections formerly were viewed as instructive by the ATF under their pre-2022 AAP are now automatically interpreted as "willful" under the 2022 AAP. Discrepancies might lie in whether or not the IOIs enter the infractions into Spartan, but I don't know whether they are required to do so in every case.

FFLs have the Republicans who sold them out in the 2022 Bipartisan Safer Communities Act for this.
ATF is Decisively Indecisive on Implementing Bipartisan Safer Communities Act

People on here should and will sympathize with the shop owners. But if John Doe answers a question wrong on his LTC application he's a liar.
Nevermind the small talk.: Were you able to get their dealer licenses back?
There were three. One yes. One no. The other was looking good but circumstances caused the appeal to end.

Back
Top Bottom