• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Flint man becomes first person charged under Michigan's new gun storage law

Reptile

NES Member

So let me get this straight.

The US government can accidentally shoot down a commercial airliner and kill 290 innocent people, and no one gets charged with any crime. They got medals in fact if so remember.

But a civilian who has an accident, oh yeah, you go to jail.

Our government needs to be put down like a rabid dog.

This is by no means a defense of the new law. Just a rant.

I don't understand how people can be so stupid. I had kids and I had guns. It was ALWAYS a top priority for me to keep my guns stored in a safe and secure manner so my kids would not get into them. Every time I read I about a young child getting a gun and shooting someone I get pissed. These type of situations are so preventable.

This is by no means a defense of the new law. Just a rant.

I don't understand how people can be so stupid. I had kids and I had guns. It was ALWAYS a top priority for me to keep my guns stored in a safe and secure manner so my kids would not get into them. Every time I read I about a young child getting a gun and shooting someone I get pissed. These type of situations are so preventable.

Yeah, although every parent has made mistakes that could have gotten their kids killed if they’d been unlucky. The people who make the news are often the unlucky ones.

Yeah, although every parent has made mistakes that could have gotten their kids killed if they’d been unlucky. The people who make the news are often the unlucky ones.

.. still... all precautions should be taken and the rest... the rest is in God's hands.

It is one thing the kid wanders in your mancave, picks up the gun on the table and does the unthinkable- and a whole different thing is the kid finds the keys to the safe, opens it up, grabs a gun and does the unthinkable. God can and cannot help you at the same time depending on your level of carelessness.

.. still... all precautions should be taken and the rest... the rest is in God's hands.

It is one thing the kid wanders in your mancave, picks up the gun on the table and does the unthinkable- and a whole different thing is the kid finds the keys to the safe, opens it up, grabs a gun and does the unthinkable. God can and cannot help you at the same time depending on your level of carelessness.

Right, I’m imaging a guy who is careful with his guns but one time he got distracted while putting the gun away or something and the kid found it and used it.

The state probably won’t care, they just want their pound of flesh.

A little context on the OP would be nice, but NES.

1. The dude was a scumbag.

2. The charge was on top of other charges. A lot like MA likes to do, throw everything at him.

3. The gun was found AFTER the dude took the girl to the hospital and we have to take the word of the PoPo that found the gun. Per the PoPo, a second gun was also found.

Let us know when the charge sticks and he gets punished for it.

Yeah - I'm usually against child proofing guns and more in favor of gun proofing the kids.

2 years old is a tough age though. Old enough to be strong enough to do stuff, and too young to be really teachable. That's the age that even I used trigger locks and locked the safe.
They don't call it "terrible twos" for nuttin'!

Frank

The US government can accidentally shoot down a commercial airliner and kill 290 innocent people, and no one gets charged with any crime. They got medals in fact if so remember.

When did they do that lol? I missed that highlight

Yeah - I'm usually against child proofing guns and more in favor of gun proofing the kids.

2 years old is a tough age though. Old enough to be strong enough to do stuff, and too young to be really teachable. That's the age that even I used trigger locks and locked the safe.
There’s nothing “tough” about it. You can’t f***in “gun proof” a two year old.

Personally for me....I did both. Kids have moments of stupidity no matter how much you teach them. That's my opinion.

You can childproof you electrical outlets, your kitchen cabinets and drawers, put gates in front of your stairs, childproof caps on medicine bottles, so why is it so f***in HARD to childproof your gun. GIVE ME A f***IN BREAK..........

Officer Duncan of the Framingham PD was not even charged for an AD through a proned out non-suspect's neck, and the DAs initial comment was "accident for which criminal charges are not appropriate". Good luck gettging that logic on a civilian run range shooting accident.

Last edited:
A little context on the OP would be nice, but NES.

1. The dude was a scumbag.

2. The charge was on top of other charges. A lot like MA likes to do, throw everything at him.

3. The gun was found AFTER the dude took the girl to the hospital and we have to take the word of the PoPo that found the gun. Per the PoPo, a second gun was also found.

Let us know when the charge sticks and he gets punished for it.
Also, for those that didn't read the article, he is ALSO being charged as a felon in possession of firearms and ammo.

Officer Duncan of the Framingham PD was not even charge for an AD through a proned out non-suspect's neck, and the DAs initial comment was "accident for which criminal charges are not appropriate". Goog luck gettging that logic on a civilian run range shooting accident.

Some animals are more equal than others.

It's another "if we only had another law" syndrome. If he left dozens of buckets of water laying around and she fell in and drowned, he could be charged with reckless endangerment or something. Same if he left his scary-sharp chef's knife collection laying around the playpen. But if it's with a gun, we need an EXTRA Killy law that will stop people from. . . . doing what they were gonna do regardless of the previous law.

It's a feel-good measure that makes gun-grabbers think they are "winning." The guy would be charged with something regardless.

Straw man STRAWMAN! (Straw! Straw!)

I love NES. The logical fallacies never cease to amaze me.

What do you expect from a country that allowed Squeaky Fromme, a presidential assassin (failed - empty chamber, couldn't get it to fire, 1911), to escape the gas chamber? ;)

God or no god, people were leaving their loaded EDCs laying around for kids to find during the AK build party in 2015. You gotta help God out a little bit on that one. I imagine this is the same shit.

Straw man STRAWMAN! (Straw! Straw!)

I love NES. The logical fallacies never cease to amaze me.

What do you expect from a country that allowed Squeaky Fromme, a presidential assassin (failed - empty chamber, couldn't get it to fire, 1911), to escape the gas chamber? ;)

It was the best I could do without reading the article. 🤷‍♂️

Back
Top Bottom