• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Improper gun storage

Dumb move, but had he just gone home after leaving the bar, he'd be in much less trouble.

Even if it turns up later, having a lawyer talk to the investigators would likely keep his record clean.

Someone from the club probably followed him and grabbed it after he stashed it.
This is just stupid, no other explanation.
In a word "DUMBASS"

I won't even go into clubs that "scan" my drivers license. Why do I need to show up in someones database showing that I was there at a particular time and date. Its bad enough being on camera virtually everywhere.

I won't even go into clubs that "scan" my drivers license. Why do I need to show up in someones database showing that I was there at a particular time and date. Its bad enough being on camera virtually everywhere.

Could be convenient if you need an alibi for something happening on the other side of town.

Could be convenient if you need an alibi for something happening on the other side of town.
My biggest issue is WHY do they need my information?
If a place won't let me carry a knife, gun and demands to scan my credentials to spend my money there. They can go pound sand.
Funny thing is, the clubs that demand all these things are usually the ones that have the most problems.

What is wrong, with sticking your gun in the bush. I have done it many times.[banana]

They also can't seize his license without written notice from his licensing authority, which would likely be Quincy--not BPD detectives.

That may be true from a legally technical point of view, but it is common practice for LE to seize an LTC when the don't like what the person with said LTC is doing and refer the matter to the issuing authority with a recommendation for action.

He more than likely checked the wrong bush.I bet its still there.

Open carry litter pickup anyone [rofl]

My bad.
So I don't get it? Why would they call 911? Are there many places that 'pat' you down to get it? I have never been to one but also don't get out very often. If I get patted down and someone says 'whats that' my answer is 'thats my personal belongings' I guess they can ask me to leave.

Sounds like a felonious use of the 911 EMERGENCY system if you ask me, if I understand the story correctly.

- - - Updated - - -

And who the hell goes to "clubs" anymore? They were cool, back in, like 1999 or something. Seriously.

To the best of my knowledge, neither of those crimes carry a right of arrest when pertaining to low-capacity firearms. I'm trying to figure out how they hooked him, considering I thought the LC9 was a 7+1. They also can't seize his license without written notice from his licensing authority, which would likely be Quincy--not BPD detectives.

The most jacked up thing is, had he thrown it in the bush with a cable lock, he would have been fine. He'd likely have gotten a suitability disqualifier, but would have satisfied 131L.

The LC9 features a manual lock on it. I don't know if 131L covers it, but at least it would make for a good story.

People can do whatever the hell they want but I avoid places that pat you down before letting you in.

Chances are you'd want to avoid whatever joint he was trying to get into anyway.

NOW! This is the kind of gunowner, that gives us a bad name. This undisciplined POS deserves whatever he gets. He was more interested in seeing what his nose and other part of his anatomy, will find him to go home with, than his responsibility

+1. This guy is the definition of "unsuitable".

Firstly, there arent many bushes along that section of Tremont - please dont tell me he walked back up two blocks to dump it in the hedges along the edge of the common - one of the most pedistrian crowded places, at one of the busiest times of night.

When I think of stuff like this I think of the area around The Roxy. That's if the Roxy is still even there. Whatever the name is, the police and EMS are there frequently, especially on weekends. Not the only club, but the one that sticks in my mind. One of the reasons I'm glad I don't work downtown any longer.

ETA: maybe he put it in the bushes at Norton park, either way... total retard. If only he shot himself in the nuts thus preventing this genetic circus from continuing.

I was thinking more of that park near the Church of All Nations. There are lots of homeless people in that whole area and one of them could have easily picked it up.

Hahahaha very true. Their soldiers were walking around with no mags in their receivers. Not very effective if you ask me. Although the FAMAS makes for a great 8 lb plastic club [smile]

Flashback to May 2002. TF Green Airport. Airport police and National Guard troops manning check points. National Guard had M-16s with no magazines in them. The only one that was truly armed was the cop. Security theater at it's best.

When do clubbing need body search or pat down? TSA in action again?

There is a lot of gang activity at some of these clubs. That includes fights, stabbings, and shootings. The clubs have taken a lot of heat from the city for the problems and have instituted procedures to keep their licenses intact. Remember that Paul Pierce was stabbed and almost died outside a club not far from where this happened.

My biggest issue is WHY do they need my information?
If a place won't let me carry a knife, gun and demands to scan my credentials to spend my money there. They can go pound sand.
Funny thing is, the clubs that demand all these things are usually the ones that have the most problems.

As above. After enough problems and complaints, they have to do something to try to keep weapons out.

Most bouncers check ankles.

It was probably either Guilt, royale or Caprice as those are the main clubs there that do pat downs

As I said, I don't work down there any longer so I'm not familiar with what the club names are. The hotspots used to be The Roxy, Europa, Venue, and one on Warrenton Street that I can't remember.

The three clubs you mention weren't even there when I last worked downtown on a regular basis.

275 Tremont, whatever is there, is still a popular address for trouble calls. As well as the parking garage across the street right after closing time.

JWPaolilliJr said:
NOW! This is the kind of gunowner, that gives us a bad name. This undisciplined POS deserves whatever he gets. He was more interested in seeing what his nose and other part of his anatomy, will find him to go home with, than his responsibility

This ^^^^ the guy that stashed his gun in the bushes is a stupid tool and one of the reasons we end up with the crazy laws that we have here.

I was very surprised when I needed to visit the Springfield School Department headquarters building and I needed to show picture ID, and have my name typed into their computer for a temporary badge! My wife was being honored for an accomplishment, or I would have walked. No detector, but I was plenty mad at needing to "check in" to visit the offices of a city department!

Using Forum Runner. Please excuse spelling errors, formatting, and absent links.

I was very surprised when I needed to visit the Springfield School Department headquarters building and I needed to show picture ID, . . .

This is clearly a racist policy.

Undocumented aliens by definition, have no ID. How are they supposed to get into the city's offices to collect benefits, speak with their children's educators and so on?

Yeah, I agree. I hope she was worth it.

I'm sure we can expect our illustrious legislators to act...

Clearly not the best thinking in the world, but only in the PRM and similarly thinking states would this have been in any way a CRIME.

In Free America the cops would have told him he was a dumbshit and moved on to more pressing matters, like the guy who shot a 43-y/o father of a gangmember on his porch in a drive-by recently in my town (albeit in a "predictable" part of town.)

Back
Top Bottom