What's your first gun (and can you part with it)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't seem to part with mine...it's a Glock 17 9mm, although I am hearing great things about the 4th-gen Glock 17 which, if it ever gets approved in MA, might be the one to upgrade to (Glock 17-wise).

My first gun is a S&W 442. I'll never part with it, and I don't anticipate there will ever be a reason to consider it. I did, however, recently part with my first rifle - a Remington 700.

my first gun was a Glock 33. I didnt think I would ever part with it, but I sold it this past weekend.

Mine was a S&W 642....had it all of a month before I sold it...hated the gun. So my first REAL gun was a Sig P229 9mm. I don't think I would sell it. It fires so nice.

Technically, my first gun was a handed-down 16ga LeFever SxS...I still have it and will never sell it. As for purchased guns, my first were a Ruger 10/22 and a Ruger Mark II - both of which I've had for over 25-years - they will never be sold. The first centerfire pistol I purchased was a then new HK Vp70z on my 21st Birthday....Never to be sold.

Mine was a G17, I traded it for a Sig 226.

First handgun was a Ruger P85...long gone sold to buy Glock 22.

First longun...Browning A-5 sweet sixteen....can't sell it....shot a lot of deer with it, but the sights are crappy and won't drill the reciever to put a scope on it, so it sits....maybe my son can use it as his first deer gun.

Para P14-40
I thought it was a great gun - never had the problems people speak of with Para's
I did end up selling it due to falling on some hard financial times.

I can't seem to part with mine...it's a Glock 17 9mm, although I am hearing great things about the 4th-gen Glock 17 which, if it ever gets approved in MA, might be the one to upgrade to (Glock 17-wise).

I have a love-hate relationship with the 4th Generation Glocks (I spent about 40 minutes fondling one at the Camfour Dealer's Show). I love the interchangeable backstraps that can make a G22 fit my hand like a G20 and the fact that they now have a dual recoil spring in the full-sizes, but I don't like that the 4th Gen frame and slides are NOT interchangeable with the previous generations (at least in the full-sizes that didn't use dual recoil springs). The RFT2 FRAME, on the other hand, felt amazing in my hand. The side grip texture grabs your hand like sandpaper and the ergonomics of the grip are slightly improved. If I could order just an RFT2 frame to replace my 3rd Gen G22 frame I would in a heartbeat.

Been there, done that... first gun was a 4" Model 19. Sold it to my best friend and started regretting it a few years later. Took me 10 years to get him to sell it back to me. It will now have to be pried out of my cold, dead fingers... It's in my will that it goes to my oldest nephew.

First rifle? 10/22. Still have it. Had to replace the worn out firing pin a couple of years back...

First shotgun? Mossy 500. Still have it; just don't feel like buying a new shotgun as I don't shoot shotgun much - and it's not worth it to me to spend the $$$ for a new one. No attachment to it, just feel like I should have at least one shotgun.

SECOND handgun? Ruger Mark 1 Std. Long since traded in on a Mark 1 Target. No regrets.

My first gun was a Mossberg 46b .22 my dad brought home for me when I was 15. I'll most likley give it to one of my kids at some point but I don't see me selling it.

My first gun was a Browning .243 that I WON in a bet from an ex-boyfriend 18 years ago. He said he was a better shot than I was. I bet him his favorite rifle he was wrong. Man did he hate signing it over to me! Not because I was a better shot, but because I was a woman who beat him at a sport he loved. I still think he has chap marks on his ass from that.,

I would never ever ever part with that gun in a million years, it is priceless to me.

My first gun was a Browning .243 that I WON in a bet from an ex-boyfriend 18 years ago. He said he was a better shot than I was. I bet him his favorite rifle he was wrong. Man did he hate signing it over to me! Not because I was a better shot, but because I was a woman who beat him at a sport he loved. I still think he has chap marks on his ass from that.,

I would never ever ever part with that gun in a million years, it is priceless to me.

First gun I bought was a Colt Gold Cup NM Series 70. Sold it for double what I paid for it, and still regret it.

First gun was a Springfield Armory 1911...I don't see me ever getting rid of it, I love shooting it and I've heard way too many stories of people regretting selling their "first"

My first was a Sig Mosquito reverse two-tone. I have been thinking about getting rid of it since I own the same in pink and black. But they are fun to shoot so I am still holding on to it, plus I wouldn't want the finace to be shooting a pink gun when he wants to shoot a 22.

1st Rifle was a cheap .22 bolt gun and my 1st pistol was a S&W 19 w/4" barrel. Those like 99.99999% of everything I've bought is in the safe(s).

I've only ever gotten rid of one.

First gun was handed down by my grandfather is a 12 ga flight king 2 3/4 shotgun. Have gotten a few dear with that gun and that will remain with me till I die.

First:

Winchester Model 47 Bolt action .22 handed down from my grandfather (still have)

First Purchased by Me:
Sig 226
Ruger Hunter Mark III

Both purchased at the same time, and both now gone. So I suppose depending on the definition of first gun yes I could part with them, or no I never will.

First and so far only gun is a 1944 Inglis Hi-Power my grandfather brought back from the war. Hopefully once my tax return check shows up I'll be adding a 10/22 which I doubt I'll ever sell if they're as good as they're cracked up to be. [smile]

My first was my GrandFathers S&W 39-2 9mm. I will never part with that gun, My GrandFather passed away when I was 5, and 20 years later I finally convinced my Uncle to let me have it. I love that gun.

i only offer to adopt atilla's beretta to bring it into a non-abusive home.
my first gun was a davis derrenger 25.bought it used for $50 and sold it a couple years ago for $300

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom