What's your first gun (and can you part with it)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I purchased 2 guns at the same time as my first. A Sig P229 and a Ruger Mk III. I love the Sig, without question my favorite handgun. As for the Ruger, I don't fire it as often as I used to, but I couldn't part with it.

My first gun was/is this 1943 Colt Official Police in 38Spcl. I bought it at a local flea market in Vermont around 1992ish for around $120. It's got a "workin' man's finish" but the action is really tight and crisp. All I can think of is it was like Barney Fife's OP. Carried a lot shot a little if at all. It came with an UGLY set of plastic 1970's target grips (that I still have) but since this picture was taken, I've put a set of original OP grips on it.

And NO, I wouldn't sell it.

OPa.jpg

Last edited:
Had a Mossberg (?) .22 Mag bolt action. The bolt never stayed closed. Hated and sold it ASAP.

My first gun was an Ithaca single-shot .22 rifle that my father got me when I was 11 years old. I'd never part with that or any of my other guns. If I didn't love 'em I wouldn't have bought 'em. Would you part with one of your children? Not me!

A Marlin .22 with a 3x scope. I received this for my 12th birthday and still have it although it hasn't been shot in more than 20 years. Lots of great memories taking target practice and squirrel hunting when I was much younger. Latest gun, a S&W MP15 AR15 with 10 magazines, EOTech site, and about 2,000 rounds. That should keep the bad guys away for a while and then they can take it from my cold dead hands!

My first was a Walther P22; I like it, but it doesn't knock my socks off. Good for getting started. My first real gun was a Sig P225/P6, and I don't think I'll be letting go of it any time soon.

My first is a factory re-conditioned second gen Glock G22. Nothing special about it, but I have no plans to part with it just because it was first.

A POS Browning HP. Wouldn't chamber anything but ball. I sold it to my buddy in town and he loves it. I still hate it and seethe when he takes it out.

First I bought for myself was a Beretta 92FS. Doubt that I'd sell it but if anyone wants to make an offer, I'm willing to listen [laugh]

My uncle handed me down an old Model 75 Winchester bolt-action .22 with Lymann target sights when I was 15. That was my first gun I could call my own. The first one I ever bought myself was a used 10/22 when I was 18. My first handgun was a S&W 4013 which I went out and bought the morning after my first LTC came when I was 21. I still have the 2 rifles but traded the pistol away several years ago.

First gun was a Ruger Mini-14 that I bought while in high school back in '81. Sold it when I was in college. In the last year I bought the GB model that I had wanted in the first place. Still have that one.

Sigma 9VE....Sold it after 2 years I couldn't deal with the trigger any longer. Replaced it with an M&P 9c with a 4.5 lb silky smooth trigger

Beretta 70s .380 and no I cannot! A guy on Youtube offered me $400 and I said $500. He said that $400 was a fair offer...my reply..."sure for someone who wants to sell it"

First gun was a Sigma 40VE. Sold it a few months later. My only regret was purchasing it to begin with.

Stevens .410 single shot shotgun. Given to me by my Grandfather. I will *never* part with it. It is now THE safe queen and I only take it out to fondle it, clean and oil it. It's worth maybe $125 but to me it is priceless [smile]

My first rifle is long gone. Remington falling Block, octagon barrel.... I'll cry if I tell you the story. 2 words: fires suck.
My first handgun flew the coop 30 years ago, and I just got it back this past summer. Totally f------ amazing! Its a long barreled Ruger Standard auto, and I'm thinking its never going to leave again as long as I am breathing. I have no doubt that I put at least 50K rounds through it 30 years ago, and it has had about 1500 more since the summer. Still shoots great.
If there were a time in my life I'd like to go back to, it would be back then, 30 years ago. I shot almost every day, for the better part of 5 years.

My first gun was an Ithaca Mod 66 Super Sling 20ga, single shot shotgun. Got it for my 12th birthday, I still have it, in fact my 12yo was sizing it up tonight!

My first gun was a Iver Johnson 16 ga single shot...I still have it,,in fact over the years I have bought many gun safes but have never sold a gun,I dont know how to sell a firearm..I have sold a gun safe or two though,,gene

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom