Smart gun will put fingerprint, facial recognition technology to work: Biofire has called it the 'first and only biometric firearm on the market'

I've been a gun owner for 25 years. This has to be the 58th "We are the first to have a biometric viable gun platform" release I've seen. These companies come and go. It never works.

I've been a gun owner for 25 years. This has to be the 58th "We are the first to have a biometric viable gun platform" release I've seen. These companies come and go. It never works.
It is not the 58th. Most people keep talking about the same gun.

It is just a piece of sh*t that will fail like the other 2-5 attempts I have read about over the years.

It is just a piece of sh*t that will fail like the other 2-5 attempts I have read about over the years.
We have fingerprint scanners at work that you just wave your hand over in less than a second, and they still fail. Id never trust one in a life or death situation.

And thats ignoring the fact that this whole concept is stupid from the start

Looks like from teh difficult-to-find info online that BioFire has only been around since 2016. I've been looking at this crap for 25 years. Swipe this. Click that. Wear this. A solution looking for a problem.

Judge Dredd anyone?

“The Lawgiver pistol was the sidearm of choice for Dredd and the judges of Mega City One. A remarkable weapon capable of a variety of firing modes, each pistol obeyed voice commands and was only usable if your palm print was on file with the Hall of Justice, meaning that only a judge could hold and fire one.”

Looks like from teh difficult-to-find info online that BioFire has only been around since 2016. I've been looking at this crap for 25 years. Swipe this. Click that. Wear this. A solution looking for a problem.
I think there is some confusion between Biometric and Smart gun. Past smart guns used an RF receiver and you would ware or carry an RF transmitter. Biometric uses something physical about you. A fingerprint, your face, or a retinal pattern could be used.
So they couldn't get the radio thing to work, so naturally they move up to something even more complicated.

Biometric uses something physical about you. A fingerprint, your face, or a retinal pattern could be used.
and a mandatory 2 factor authentication with an sms sent to your phone to enter a code into the gun before an every shot.

One mishap and Biofire will go bankrupt b/c of damages.
I predict they will end up the same like Armatix, inventors of the quicklock blocking system and the infamous IP1 pistol - bankrupt.
Quicklock got defeated using an orbital sander
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-QyJ5UCFz0
(great job, Dieter!) and IP1 got defeated, too

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANllOmgJH9Y

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vn08yZAC2V0
It also went "click" on another occasion
when it was supposed to be blocked.

Back
Top Bottom