• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Went to purchase first firearm and got delayed from NICS

If they are any sort of a good shop, they should have taken your number and called you, unless they are a big box store and they don't care.

You got denied Tuesday right?

So they have weds/thurs/fri to run out the clock, by Saturday you should be in the clear IF you have not been denied AND the shop is willing to release it

If the shop asks to wait til Monday you can give them the time or ask for a refund if you have already paid for it

Thought the whole point in the upin was to circumvent the need for delays, unless you're sketchy AF.

More than that, it's also used to prevent false denials.

I'm not sure what the numbers are like now, but years ago in the NICS operating report i remember false denials being many thousands of people. NICS is a computerized retard factory of stupidity.

A few years ago, I got delayed on the last day of a gun show. I had no idea where the sellers shop was and if I would have to connect with him in 3 days at his shop. But I got a proceed about 1/2 hour before the show closed.
Here in AZ, if you have a LTC, there's no call to NICS, the seller just records your LTC number. No hassles.

Back
Top Bottom