What's your first gun (and can you part with it)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My first was a Sig Mosquito reverse two-tone. I have been thinking about getting rid of it since I own the same in pink and black. But they are fun to shoot so I am still holding on to it, plus I wouldn't want the finace to be shooting a pink gun when he wants to shoot a 22.
A Rifleman doesn't care what color his gun is... [wink]

Ithaca Saddle Gun (Model 49), deluxe model.

Now my goddaughter's first gun.
Now, THAT'S the way to get rid of your first gun - pass it along to family. Well done, Scrivener.
Ruger Single Six Convertable with a 4 5/8 inch barrel purchased new in 1971. Going to the grave with me to keep the zombies away.
Oh, great... he's gonna be the only zombie out there with a Single Action .22. [rolleyes]

First gun was given to me by my farther, a Marlin Model 444 in .444 Marlin made in 1967. I have no plans on getting rid of it, unless I pass it on to a family member.

My first gun was a Ruger single-six .22 Aside from it being a great shooter, I have no attachment to it. Its not in great condition and did not come with any box or papers when i bought it used. I have thought about selling it but haven't YET.

My first was a full size M&P9. And I've already parted with it! It was a nice gun but I prefer single action...so now the stable consists of a S&W 1911 and a Sig556. I NEED MORE TOYS!

Marlin 336 30-30. It was passed down to me by my grandfather in the late 60's. I still have it and will pass it down to one of my sons.

Mine was a Glock 17 I bought when I was living in California. I sold it to a friend because I needed money to fix my car after a break in, and a month later I was sorry I did it. When I got my LTC in MA, I bought my 1911. I dont think I'll ever sell it. It just looks like it needs other 1911's to hang out with.

my first gun was a S&W 686+ I doubt I'll ever get rid of it, though they do seem to be increasing in price on the used market.... pppfff, I do love that gun.

First gun Browning T-bolt still in the safe and will never be sold. First centerfire - Colt Python still in the safe and will never be sold.

My first was a JC Higgins semi-auto 22 rifle, that I learned to shoot with as a kid, and then got for my birthday when I turned 21. Still have it, needs a good rebuild, never getting rid of it. I'm not sure why I ever would - it's value to someone else couldn't be more than $75.

The first rifle I bought was a Lee Enfield No4Mk1 - which I've sold, after I found a Savage No4 to replace it. I've been moving away from the milsurp bolt guns, anyway. I'm a lefty, after all, and the milsurp semi's are easier to deal with. My first pistol was a blued GP-100, which I sold to buy a stainless GP-100. I wrongly assumed that they would both shoot about the same. [crying] Sold the stainless one later, but the current owner of my first one has no plans to give it up. Can't say I blame him......and I've got a S&W 19 that almost shoots as well as that Ruger did.

My first guns were the m&p 40c and a SW 1911, I really can't see myself ever selling any of my guns...I ALMOST sold my first AR... but I think I'm gonna hold onto it

I sold all my guns when I was moving between California and Washington. I've kicked myself ever since. I still have yet to replace the Colt officer's model and the Browning High-power.

My first was a 20ga NEF break action shotgun, I still have it. I redid the stock and bluing and it looks brand new. The first gun I purchased myself was a Taurus PT945. I already sold it once, but bought it back less than a year later. Still my favorite handgun to shoot.

Ruger SR9, and I couldnt get rid of it fast enough!

I sold it and purchased a 92FS in two tone of the classifieds, I dont think I'll ever sell that one

My first gun I won in a raffle so it literally cost me $20. It's a cowboy action rifle, 1892 takedown in 44-40. I constantly think about selling it and every time I shoot it I just can't seem to part with it. :)

Mine is a Savage .22 single shot rolling block crack-shot. I have had it since I was ten. My father pulled the old Christmas story,"Hey whats that behind the tree?". Will never sell it. I will pass it on to my daughter in a year or so. Too many memories tied to that gun as a kid living in Maine.

my first firearm is a remington 870 super mag my father bought me when I was 14. I doubt I'll ever part with it. I have way too many good hunting memories with the stick.

My first was a new J.C. Higgins (Sears, Roebuck) single shot bolt action 22. My father gave it to me for my 10th birthday. It's had uncounted thousands of rounds fired. I still have it. When I'm gone it will go to one of my sons.

My first gun was Browning BL-22 given to me as a Christmas gift from my mom.

I traded it (and some $$) for a Remington M700 in .30-06, which I still have.

I'd like to get a replacement for it some day.

ABL222.jpg

Not my first gun but I did get rid of my first rifle, a Rem 742 in .30-06

Wish I had never sold it ... I'm still looking for a used one.

I had a S&W 1911PD that I bought as my 1st. I had a bit of seller's remorse when I got rid of her. She was definitely a great gun. While I had a hate love relationship with that firearm, I'm glad its gone to an NES member who will appreciate it more than me.

While I will say this. While its not my first, my first SIG, will never leave me.

Last edited:
First gun ever, S&W Chiefs Special (Model 36) w/flat cylinder release latch, was given to me by my grandfather. He was a police officer for many years & carried the gun as a backup.

First gun I bought was a Mosin Nagant M44. Considering selling the Mosin + some ammo.

I had the same bolt action single shot JC Higgins that a lot of us had in the 50's. I plumb wore that gun out by the time I was 11. I replaced it with a Remington 500 single shot bolt action, which I still have. I've shot so many thousands of rounds through that old .22 that it is like a magic wand shooting bullets where I want them.

I've heard way too many stories of people regretting selling their "first"

My first pistol and first long gun have long since been sold, with no remorse from me. They served their purposes, and they were just tools. Some guns I have an emotional attachment to, and those won't be going anywhere other than maybe family members some day.

first gun was a M&P9 that i didnt have long and traded for a Glock 23 that i currently have.

first rifle i bought is my CZ452 and when i get rid of it, it will be handed down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom