• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

The NRA Is Still A No Show In Massachusetts

I give money to both Goal and the NRA. Comm2A also, but that's besides the point.

Goal is local lobbying for the state legislature and executive.

The NRA is for federal lobbying of the congress and executive.

Two totally different leagues. Also, given the libtards in MA, I think that the NRA would HURT the cause in MA. Just like if Trump were to chime in. It would give more ammunition to Healy and the legislature because the blue libtards inside 128 would start to get vocal about those extra killy assault weapons.

Give money to both organizations. And don't forget Comm2A either.

This, if nobody gave to the NRA the whole country would have been disarmed years ago.

My take-away last night was this:

1. At the start of the meeting the GOAL BOD made it very clear that they were angry with the NRA hadn't helped. The speaker made it clear that this was the sentiment of the entire GOAL BOD. To closely paraphrase, they said they hadn't given a nickle in the last several years. Jim, please correct me if I heard wrong.
2. The speaker for the NJ gun owner organization mentioned that he was on the NRA BOD and seemed to challenge GOAL on this. He said he'd go back to see if this was true and asked if GOAL had asked for funds. This was a pretty uneasy moment, I don't think everybody was on the same page and it looked bad.

Big take-away from last night was that we all need to be united. And everybody needs to join GOAL and Comm2A - GOAL so that when Jim walks around the State House he wields the power of speaking for a large majority of gun owners in the state, and Comm2A so that towns and the state know that the majority of gun owners back their actions as well. Right now it's absolutely pitiful how few gun owners support those organizations.

The NRA needs to keep a low profile in States like the Peoples Republic. The repressive libs have demonized the NRA and it's members and compared them/us to the KKK. Just mention the NRA to a gun grabbing repressive and watch their heads explode. Remember, according to liberals the NRA kills children. We need their money but not their publicity.

The NRA needs to keep a low profile in States like the Peoples Republic. The repressive libs have demonized the NRA and it's members and compared them/us to the KKK. Just mention the NRA to a gun grabbing repressive and watch their heads explode. Remember, according to liberals the NRA kills children. We need their money but not their publicity.

It's interesting - I don't remember which speaker mentioned it last night, but the gun grabbers, specifically Gabby Gifford's group, were cited as having said that it's not effective to demonize the NRA (probably not true in MA, but in more reasonable parts of the country), which is why they have started using "The Gun Lobby" because everybody hates big corporate lobbies.

In MA, WE are the gun lobby.

Honestly, the NRA causes such fits of rage and seizures among Mass liberals that I don't want the NRA's name attached to anything we are trying to do in this state. It simply lets them deflect our message, no matter how "common sense" or thoughtfully crafted our position is.

Send money, NRA, but don't sign the check as the NRA.

I don't want the NRA's attached to anything we are trying to do in this state.
Even at the federal level, adding the NRA as a plaintiff in any suit increases the chance of the court applying the "Nut its guns" doctrine, or perhaps the "we are not here to support the NRA" doctrine.

What is the NRA supposed to do about Mass (or NY or Cali or any other crazy state dominated by left wing politics)? If I had an unlimited budget and wanted to materially affect Mass gun laws (or made up laws) I have no idea what I would do apart from talk to the people at Comm2A or GOAL to see how (or if) money could be well spent to make a difference. You can't effect change without first understanding your situation. The people of Mass just hate guns and gun owners by an overwhelming margin. The elected officials, judges, and power structures are a political and idealogical monoculture (that oddly talks about supporting diversity) with contempt for gun owners. Throwing money at this problem is a waste, and nothing is going to happen fast. So I wouldn't get too excited about what any org is doing publicly right now.

Don't give up on the NRA folks. They haven't been especially helpful to GOAL or MA gun owners so far with this Healey thing, but that doesn't mean they won't help us out in the future. It's been less than a month since the Healey Bomb, and it takes an organization as large as the NRA a little while to adjust its course.

NRA has been a very good partner to Comm2A and we've worked with CRDF on a number of projects. In the last few years they've become much more sensitive to the political realities in a place like Massachusetts and know when to keep a low profile. But they're here and they are working.

Then you heard VERY wrong...

I'm going with these guys.

I'm sticking to my guns and the NRA, GOAL and Comm 2A gave to Comm 2A the day of Healy's assault on weapons, the NRA today and GOAL the next paycheck.

We need stand and stick together.

I'm a member of the NRA( upped to Life member in March) GOAL, SAF, NSSF and GOA. All organizations do good work on our behalf and I don't blame the NRA for writing off Ma. I'm sure they consider it a waste of their time and money to lobby/fight for gun rights in this corrupt, repressive State. We all know that liberals only obey laws they agree with and guns/ gun owners are number 1 on their hit list. They're so frustrated not being able to ram more useless gun control thru Congress that they're taking any avenue they can, even if it means bypassing existing laws. Their Dear Leader has demonstrated over the last 8 yrs. that he doesn't have to work w/the loyal opposition so he demonizes us and issues Executive Orders as an end run around Congress. This is the new strategy of repressives because they feel they're right and we're wrong. Remember, repressives think the Constitution and the Bill of Rights were written by a bunch of rich, slave owning white guys and are irrelevant in today's society. They have shifted their tactics and we either adapt or die. Personally I feel Ma. is a lost cause and will seriously consider moving when I retire in a few years. I will be watching the NH Senate race closely and if Hassan beats Ayotte I will write of NH, it will become Northern Massachusetts in 10-20 yrs. Unfortunately my daughter got married last summer, is pregnant and they just bought a house in Metro West. HEALEY DESTROYS FAMILIES.

I'm a member of the NRA( upped to Life member in March) GOAL, SAF, NSSF and GOA. All organizations do good work on our behalf and I don't blame the NRA for writing off Ma. I'm sure they consider it a waste of their time and money to lobby/fight for gun rights in this corrupt, repressive State. We all know that liberals only obey laws they agree with and guns/ gun owners are number 1 on their hit list. They're so frustrated not being able to ram more useless gun control thru Congress that they're taking any avenue they can, even if it means bypassing existing laws. Their Dear Leader has demonstrated over the last 8 yrs. that he doesn't have to work w/the loyal opposition so he demonizes us and issues Executive Orders as an end run around Congress. This is the new strategy of repressives because they feel they're right and we're wrong. Remember, repressives think the Constitution and the Bill of Rights were written by a bunch of rich, slave owning white guys and are irrelevant in today's society. They have shifted their tactics and we either adapt or die. Personally I feel Ma. is a lost cause and will seriously consider moving when I retire in a few years. I will be watching the NH Senate race closely and if Hassan beats Ayotte I will write of NH, it will become Northern Massachusetts in 10-20 yrs. Unfortunately my daughter got married last summer, is pregnant and they just bought a house in Metro West. HEALEY DESTROYS FAMILIES.

It's only my humble opinion, but if, as you are sure of, the NRA sees Ma. as a waste of their time and money, we in Ma. should explain to the NRA that such a decision makes the NRA a waste of our time and money. What good does it do us to donate funds to the NRA if that money is only used to the benefit of states other than Ma., while we are left without rights. Like every one else, my backyard is more important to me than the backyards of people in other states. What good do gun rights in say the Dakota's do me when I'm here in Ma..

It's only my humble opinion, but if, as you are sure of, the NRA sees Ma. as a waste of their time and money, we in Ma. should explain to the NRA that such a decision makes the NRA a waste of our time and money. What good does it do us to donate funds to the NRA if that money is only used to the benefit of states other than Ma., while we are left without rights. Like every one else, my backyard is more important to me than the backyards of people in other states. What good do gun rights in say the Dakota's do me when I'm here in Ma..

They fight on a federal level which affects us all.

precisely why the NRA needs to get the **** in everyone's faces and NOT keep a low profile.

That's 100% correct. NRA is for the national level only. I maintain a membership just to piss off gun grabbers.

Call me crazy, but the last time I checked, Ma. was and still is part of this nation.The NRA is like a insurance policy. If I pay for a policy and they say they can't pay my claim because I am in Ma., then I need a different, better insurance policy.

so, from now on, when they call for a donation, just say you are not donating anything to the NRA until you see some action here in our state. If enough of us hold those purse strings tight, they will pay attention. They ARE money whores.

so, from now on, when they call for a donation, just say you are not donating anything to the NRA until you see some action here in our state. If enough of us hold those purse strings tight, they will pay attention. They ARE money whores.

^this. anytime they ask me for extra $$ I say no because the NRA is completely absent from the states where they SHOULD be focused. I make it fairly clear that nothing they say will earn my $$. Only action.

They fight on a federal level which affects us all.

Really. What good does it do us if the fed says that we can have a specific firearm if Ma. is allowed to say we can't have said firearm? If the NRA won't stand up for individual states rights, soon there will be no need for federal rights. What will the NRA's value be to us at that point? If parts of this country continue to be cut off from gun rights, sooner or later there will be no parts of the country left with gun rights. Monkey see, monkey do removal of gun rights by individual states will negate all federal rights. No rocket science here guys.

As stated in my post I upped my membership to Life in March and that's my contribution to the NRA. I will donate additional funds to Comm2A to fight the repressives in Ma. I joined NSSF because of their taking on Healey and her repressive interpretation of the AWB.

Really. What good does it do us if the fed says that we can have a specific firearm if Ma. is allowed to say we can't have said firearm? If the NRA won't stand up for individual states rights, soon there will be no need for federal rights. What will the NRA's value be to us at that point? If parts of this country continue to be cut off from gun rights, sooner or later there will be no parts of the country left with gun rights. Monkey see, monkey do removal of gun rights by individual states will negate all federal rights. No rocket science here guys.

^this x100

The protectionists take their agenda to wherever they feel it will succeed. for years they tried to strip rights at the federal level and enjoyed only minimal success (e.g. Clinton AWB). Sometime around 2012 they shifted their efforts to the individual states. They selected the states in which they could win. Then the tragic events of Sandy Hook provided them the fodder necessary to spoon feed the uninformed. In the past 4 years the protectionists have enjoyed major successes of stripping our rights at the state level (CA, CT, NY are top 3, followed closely by others).

If the NRA has any intentions of protecting 2A rights, they should learn to follow the protectionists' agenda. Until they learn this simple concept, they don't get any $$ from me.

I'd say GOAL isn't the local arm of the NRA but I got a neg rep for saying this in another thread.

So I'll say that as far as I know GOAL is not part of the NRA and based on what was said late night GOAL is not being funded by the NRA.

The NRA may be working on fed issues but they have been absent in MA for decades. I support what they are doing and acknowledge that they haven't been in MA for a very long time.

Don't give up on the NRA folks. They haven't been especially helpful to GOAL or MA gun owners so far with this Healey thing, but that doesn't mean they won't help us out in the future. It's been less than a month since the Healey Bomb, and it takes an organization as large as the NRA a little while to adjust its course.

I wish that I still had the faith in the NRA that you have along with a reason to have the faith, but the truth for me is that I've been waiting for NRA support in ma. for decades to no avail.

NRA has been a very good partner to Comm2A and we've worked with CRDF on a number of projects. In the last few years they've become much more sensitive to the political realities in a place like Massachusetts and know when to keep a low profile. But they're here and they are working.
This makes sense. Senator Ehawee Warren and her like attack the NRA and "Gun Lobby" and the approach of focusing on families and lawful owners is a better strategy.

So, our goal should be to not poke the "gun grabbing repressive Libs", in the "Peoples Republic", while they are poking us, because their heads may explode! We are under attack and the NRA should be our first line of defense, not our no show line of defense.

I emailed the NRA last month to ask if they were in the fight against Healy, they said yes, they support through GOAL.. send the NRA-ILA an email and see if you get the same message

Ultimately what we should be focusing on doing is pooling all the money we can into a single entity. Then we can skip all the hoopla and just buy the politicians votes. This is a fool-proof plan and it works everywhere else it is tried!

LOL...they did give me a nice digital camo one...but yeah...the rest of their hats do suck...LOL!

Most of the NRA gear looks like it was designed on cafepress by someone's grandpa. I bought some a few years back and it was terrible. Cheap, uncomfortable, looked crappy.

- - - Updated - - -

Ultimately what we should be focusing on doing is pooling all the money we can into a single entity. Then we can skip all the hoopla and just buy the politicians votes. This is a fool-proof plan and it works everywhere else it is tried!

The only problem with this is that Bloomberg outspent the NRA by 30x in the last election cycle. There is a huge amount of pro-2A sentiment in the state and country, but it doesn't have a voice, to the extent that it is looking for one.

The NRA may be working on fed issues but they have been absent in MA for decades. I support what they are doing and acknowledge that they haven't been in MA for a very long time.

My understanding has been that the NRA is so reviled in MA that GOAL exists as a surrogate in MA and functions in a similar role. Based mainly on hearsay on NES, the absence of the NRA is intentional, and GOAL is the NRA's MA state association.

ETA: According to the NRA web site, GOAL is the NRA state association - whatever that means.

Last edited:
100 million gun owners in the USA and what 5 million NRA members...yeah gee i wonder why they can't just snap their fingers and fix all our problems... Not to mention what about 2% of ma gun owners belong to GOAL. The blame doesn't lie with the NRA or GOAL, it lies with gun owners.

ETA: could you imagine what could be done with 50 million NRA members or 100 thousand GOAL members!

Last edited:
Without the NRA , you wouldn't have the option to bail out of shithole states to free ones.
They do their job and orgs like GOAL and COMM2A do theirs.
The NRA can't do our voting for us either.
With attitudes like "OMG we have to keep Baker in because getting ass raped by an R is so much better than getting ass raped by a D." We made our own mess.

Back
Top Bottom