The NRA Is Still A No Show In Massachusetts

Is that when we can start the revolution?????

good luck finding people to show up, half of them will be at the beach and the other half didn't hear anything.

NRA simply chooses which battles to fight, to make sure that they win. Won battles means more trumpeting and donations. If MA would turn red, they will ride in on a white horse. It's no different than for any other non-profit.

As to Comm2A/NRA funding -

I think the answer may have been obfuscated in a lengthy reply, so I will offer a shorter one:

When we partner with the NRA in a case, the NRA does make direct payments to the involved attorneys. The NRA does not write checks directly to Comm2A.

Last edited:
As to Comm2A/NRA funding -

I think the answer may have been obfuscated in a lengthy reply, so I will offer a shorter one:

When we partner with the NRA in a case, the NRA does make direct payments to the involved attorneys. The NRA does not write checks directly to Comm2A.

Thank you Rob. You've restored my faith in Comm2A and the NRA.

The NRA, GOAL and Comm2A are the last resort to save the dwindling rights we have. So you can complain about any or all of the organizations that ask for money to help us save and support our rights. But at the end of the day, if you just go to an on-line chat forum and spread mis-information that this org did nothing or that org bailed on us 20 years ago you are not really helping.

We've all heard or read multiple times in many threads how the NRA bailed on Mass 20 plus years ago. We get it. The NRA, GOAL and Comm2A can do nothing if WE do not get out there and show support for our rights. We need to talk to friends, neighbors, co-workers, acquaintances and anyone else who will listen and speak intelligently about this tyrant and the importance of all of our rights.

So if WE sit back and do nothing......say nothing....and never give an opposing view....how will anyone who is less informed then we are ever know?

So if you hate the NRA, don't join them, don't donate to them and don't support them. But don't bad mouth them and try to convince others to not join or donate. Believe it or not they actually do some very good things at the federal level.

But before you bash them and say they have done nothing for Mass....ask yourself what you have done for Mass. Do you call your senators and reps and the governor? Do you go to the rallies? Do you try to recruit new shooters to the sport of shooting? Do you speak to young people about the constitution and the bill of rights? Do you ask people to vote for pro 2A candidates?

We have to do the work to change the political landscape in this state. The NRA, GOAL and even Comm2A cannot do that. There is not going to be any miracles here with law suits. We need to get out there and recruit support for out cause each and everyday. If not, your AG will win.

And if we are divided amongst ourselves then what chance do we really have?

The NRA, GOAL and Comm2A are the last resort to save the dwindling rights we have. So you can complain about any or all of the organizations that ask for money to help us save and support our rights. But at the end of the day, if you just go to an on-line chat forum and spread mis-information that this org did nothing or that org bailed on us 20 years ago you are not really helping.

We've all heard or read multiple times in many threads how the NRA bailed on Mass 20 plus years ago. We get it. The NRA, GOAL and Comm2A can do nothing if WE do not get out there and show support for our rights. We need to talk to friends, neighbors, co-workers, acquaintances and anyone else who will listen and speak intelligently about this tyrant and the importance of all of our rights.

So if WE sit back and do nothing......say nothing....and never give an opposing view....how will anyone who is less informed then we are ever know?

So if you hate the NRA, don't join them, don't donate to them and don't support them. But don't bad mouth them and try to convince others to not join or donate. Believe it or not they actually do some very good things at the federal level.

But before you bash them and say they have done nothing for Mass....ask yourself what you have done for Mass. Do you call your senators and reps and the governor? Do you go to the rallies? Do you try to recruit new shooters to the sport of shooting? Do you speak to young people about the constitution and the bill of rights? Do you ask people to vote for pro 2A candidates?

We have to do the work to change the political landscape in this state. The NRA, GOAL and even Comm2A cannot do that. There is not going to be any miracles here with law suits. We need to get out there and recruit support for out cause each and everyday. If not, your AG will win.

And if we are divided amongst ourselves then what chance do we really have?

I can't speak for others, but I can speak for myself. I have done everything you've mentioned here and have been since 1970, when I got my LTC. You are preaching to the choir here.

i guess i foolishly think that if we call out the NRA for zero action in MA, they will feel ashamed, and start doing SOMETHING to help. i guess i am just naive.

[horse] Anyone that can read knows the NRA is in the background for Massachusetts.

That's the problem !

The NRA needs to be in the background.

If they attach their name to a case, it is as good as dead before the merits of the case are even argued.

Exactly. NRA becomes the distraction and focus of legistraitors and judges, so they pay no attention to the actual argument . . . with an end result of we lose the case/bill.

i guess i foolishly think that if we call out the NRA for zero action in MA, they will feel ashamed, and start doing SOMETHING to help. i guess i am just naive.

It is more than that: You are ignoring what they ARE doing while being willfully blind to the factors that force them into the shadows. Their contributions at multiple levels have already been outlined and backed up, your ignorance of those statements and their actions is weak.

Many, many, many people have already written it here: If the NRA was loud and proud in MA, it would do far far more damage to our cause than any help they could hope to offer. The rank and file sheeple of MA HATE the NRA and revile them. An active presence in MA would likely result in active protests against the RKBA in MA which is something that we thankfully have not seen.

The people sitting on the sidelines bitching and complaining that others aren't fighting hard enough for their rights are those who should be ashamed.

It is more than that: You are ignoring what they ARE doing while being willfully blind to the factors that force them into the shadows. Their contributions at multiple levels have already been outlined and backed up, your ignorance of those statements and their actions is weak.

Many, many, many people have already written it here: If the NRA was loud and proud in MA, it would do far far more damage to our cause than any help they could hope to offer. The rank and file sheeple of MA HATE the NRA and revile them. An active presence in MA would likely result in active protests against the RKBA in MA which is something that we thankfully have not seen.

The people sitting on the sidelines bitching and complaining that others aren't fighting hard enough for their rights are those who should be ashamed.

They don't need to be. However, funneling some money to fight this would be nice. From what I hear, that hasn't happened in a very long time.

They don't need to be. However, funneling some money to fight this would be nice. From what I hear, that hasn't happened in a very long time.

some tv ads to alert the general populace in MA to the AG's sweeping grab of powers and its destruction of personal liberties....would be a good gesture by the NRA.

withtheir inaction, every buck i have to donate is going to goal or com2a

some tv ads to alert the general populace in MA to the AG's sweeping grab of powers and its destruction of personal liberties....would be a good gesture by the NRA.

withtheir inaction, every buck i have to donate is going to goal or com2a

Although I think that donating to Comm2A at this point is the best answer as lawsuits are expensive and I don't expect GOAL to ever have enough money to buy all the politicians needed to see it our way, ask yourself this . . .

Who CONTROLS the press/media/advertising billboards????

Those Dumbocrats aren't going to rent space/time to a pro-NRA advertising program!

Is the problem really the NRA? Or is it ourselves and our gun rights organizations? Look at the answers in this thread and others from people that are representing Comm2A or GOAL to their potential members and donors. Insults, condescending words and negative reps, those are what need to go away. The public relations to potential members/donors is terrible. I know insulting people is the Massachusetts way, but you are turning away more than you are bringing in. I know a couple GOAL cheerleaders and mods will send me PM's insulting me and telling me how I'm the problem, but the reality is these organizations don't know how to deal with their members or potential members. Way too many hotheads/know-it-alls answering publicly for GOAL or Comm2A.

It is possible to respond to negative comments with facts instead of insults, it will go a long way with lurkers and will make the people posting the negative comments look like morons. When you respond to a negative comment with more negativity it just solidifies the negative statement towards GOAL/Comm2a. THE PEOPLE ON THIS BOARD ARE, FOR THE MOST PART, YOUR CUSTOMER BASE YOU ARE TRYING TO REACH.

Last edited:
Is the problem really the NRA? Or is it ourselves and our gun rights organizations? Look at the answers in this thread and others from people that are representing Comm2A or GOAL to their potential members and donors. Insults, condescending words and negative reps, those are what need to go away. The public relations to potential members/donors is terrible. I know insulting people is the Massachusetts way, but you are turning away more than you are bringing in. I know a couple GOAL cheerleaders and mods will send me PM's insulting me and telling me how I'm the problem, but the reality is these organizations don't know how to deal with their members or potential members. Way too many hotheads/know-it-alls answering publicly for GOAL or Comm2A.

It is possible to respond to negative comments with facts instead of insults, it will go a long way with lurkers and will make the people posting the negative comments look like morons. When you respond to a negative comment with more negativity it just solidifies the negative statement towards GOAL/Comm2a. THE PEOPLE ON THIS BOARD ARE, FOR THE MOST PART, YOUR CUSTOMER BASE YOU ARE TRYING TO REACH.

WTF?

I signed up with the NRA once and cancelled due to all the emails and crap they mail me.
Understandable that you feel this way, but... should we slam a company or organization (any company, anywhere) for doing what every company on the planet does these days, which is endlessly promote their company, their website, promos etc?

Especially an organization like NRA that has been - literally - targeted publicly for extinction by one of the two major political parties, targeted by the current "favorite" in the Presidential polls, and targeted publicly by BloomieTheBillionaire - actually targeted by more than one billionaire. Also targeted by most of Hollywood's $$ elite, who reap millions every weekend at their theaters showing shoot-em-up-tough-guy movies but use some of that cash to attempt to scuttle your and my right to protect our family as we make our way to our car in their darkened parking lot after the 10pm show, "protected" by some part-time unarmed security guard making his "rounds"?

Consider the absolutely treasonous, globalist filthbag who is being funded by billionaire Soros, a vermin who has come out publicly and stated that he will pay WHATEVER IT COSTS to ensure a Democrat victory in November. I don't care how much Donald says he's worth, he's still considered "lower middle class" by scumbag Soros, who, if he were up to it, could make Donald an "Indecent Proposal" and whisk Melania away for a weekend or for a decade, if that were his pleasure....The guy wants to OWN the entire power structure of the United States as if it were a red plastic piece on the Monopoly board.

Regardless of the gun manufacturers connections and" shill" accusations, we are at war, a deep civil war, with the left-wing lunatics who believe help is just a 911 call away, and they are funded BIG TIME by their fellow lefties. And I'm willing to bet that for every email you get from the NRA, the bimbo soccer mommy across the street from you gets five or ten from Bloomie, from Everytown, etc etc.

It can indeed be a bit annoying to receive endless NRA promotional "crap"... But I'd be willing to bet if we all signed up for six months of Sports Illustrated or a month of "BrazilianBeachVolleyballBabes.com" or whatever (or from Playgirl.com for the gals here), most of us probably wouldn't get fed up with "all the emails and crap they send"....Every time I get yet ANOTHER email from Maxim (magazine) .com, I usually say the same thing to myself.... "Seriously? Another damned advertisement from Maxim? WTF? Enough already!!"...

BUT... I'll always click the link and see what they're offering before deleting the email. Every time.
[emoji6]
Just sayin'

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom