The NRA Is Still A No Show In Massachusetts

Hey everyone,

Like many of you, I attended the GOAL fundraiser last night. WHAT A TURNOUT!!

What I was SHOCKED to hear was that the NRA has yet to give a SINGLE PENNY to help fight the tyranny here in Massachusetts in 15 YEARS!

https://youtu.be/TiEPt27ZlT4

Like many of us, I am at the forefront of the fight trying to help in any way I can. I ask that you please consider Subscribing to my channel and sharing it to help spread the word. I also am open to ideas on how else to get our pleas for assistance out to other outlets.

And that is why the NRA will not see a dime from me while all my donations go to Goal and Comm2A. If the NRA stepped up then I would see a reason to donate to them.

Plus their hats suck!!

One of the speakers I think had it correct. Healey tipped the hand early for a suspected national movement. So I think the NRA has taken notice. Anyway, one of the NRA board members or whatever they are said he was going to look into the NRA's support role or lack there of to this point. I suspect the NRA will get on board. I am not absolving the NRA for their seemingly ghost like appearance thus far but they could also be working legally behind the scenes developing a strategy. My guess is that they will not publicize every move or tip their hand in any way...but it will be interesting to hear what they have to say about Jim's assertion related to the funding and see if anything happens with that soon or ever.

And that is why the NRA will not see a dime from me while all my donations go to Goal and Comm2A. If the NRA stepped up then I would see a reason to donate to them.

Plus their hats suck!!

This. I will, however, keep my membership in good standing.... Also GOA and NSSF, in my opinion are worth donating to as well.

I thought GOAL got money from the NRA,am I wrong ?

Not according to a statement made by the GOAL BoD last night. No money from the NRA in 15 years I believe is what was said.

There was a bit of a strange dynamic last night. One of the speakers was an NRA board member. He acted shocked that the people of MA are so upset with the NRA and that the NRA had not given a dime to support MA 2A causes in the last 15 years. He said he didnt know the specific but would "look into it".

Where have you been?

They left this state years ago.
TRUE...BUT they told me on the phone they would do everything they could do to help....you mean they lied to me? LOL!

I'm still calling them out! This is what they are for....I mean, here is their =Mission Statement:

NRA Bylaws Article II
The purposes and objectives of the National Rifle Association of America are:
1. To protect and defend the Constitution of the United States, especially with reference to the inalienable right of the individual American citizen guaranteed by such Constitution to acquire, possess, collect, exhibit, transport, carry, transfer ownership of, and enjoy the right to use arms, in order that the people may always be in a position to exercise their legitimate individual rights of self-preservation and defense of family, person, and property, as well as to serve effectively in the appropriate militia for the common defense of the Republic and the individual liberty of its citizens;
2. To promote public safety, law and order, and the national defense;
3. To train members of law enforcement agencies, the armed forces, the militia, and people of good repute in marksmanship and in the safe handling and efficient use of small arms;
4. To foster and promote the shooting sports, including the advancement of amateur competitions in marksmanship at the local, state, regional, national, and international levels;
5. To promote hunter safety, and to promote and defend hunting as a shooting sport and as a viable and necessary method of fostering the propagation, growth and conservation, and wise use of our renewable wildlife resources.
The Association may take all actions necessary and proper in the furtherance of these purposes and objectives.

- - - Updated - - -

I think GOAL is the arm of the NRA in Mass.
GOAL told us the NRA hasn't, "Given them a nickel in 15 years"
I'll take them at their word....

- - - Updated - - -

I thought GOAL got money from the NRA,am I wrong ?
GOAL told us the NRA hasn't, "Given them a nickel in 15 years"
I'll take them at their word....

- - - Updated - - -

One of the speakers I think had it correct. Healey tipped the hand early for a suspected national movement. So I think the NRA has taken notice. Anyway, one of the NRA board members or whatever they are said he was going to look into the NRA's support role or lack there of to this point. I suspect the NRA will get on board. I am not absolving the NRA for their seemingly ghost like appearance thus far but they could also be working legally behind the scenes developing a strategy. My guess is that they will not publicize every move or tip their hand in any way...but it will be interesting to hear what they have to say about Jim's assertion related to the funding and see if anything happens with that soon or ever.
I agreed wholeheartedly! Anxious to see them make a splash...but preparing for more of the same at the same time....

- - - Updated - - -

This. I will, however, keep my membership in good standing.... Also GOA and NSSF, in my opinion are worth donating to as well.
GOAL, GOA, Comm2A, NRA, NSSF and many others are all worthy of our donations...It would be very powerful to see them all in sync and attacking the tyrants together

- - - Updated - - -

Not according to a statement made by the GOAL BoD last night. No money from the NRA in 15 years I believe is what was said.

There was a bit of a strange dynamic last night. One of the speakers was an NRA board member. He acted shocked that the people of MA are so upset with the NRA and that the NRA had not given a dime to support MA 2A causes in the last 15 years. He said he didnt know the specific but would "look into it".
Yeah, he was definitely caught off guard. But it needed to be said! Hopefully he can facilitate the fix!

Don't give up on the NRA folks. They haven't been especially helpful to GOAL or MA gun owners so far with this Healey thing, but that doesn't mean they won't help us out in the future. It's been less than a month since the Healey Bomb, and it takes an organization as large as the NRA a little while to adjust its course.

The NRA is a convenient boogeyman and whipping boy for all the liberals when it takes a high-profile public public position in places like MA. It wouldn't surprise me to learn that it's quietly supporting the NSSF efforts behind the scenes.

I give to the NRA, to assist in the National fight, Comm2A and GOAL for the local fight. Just recently joined NSSF, as they appear to be the only one willing or able to fight the tactical battle on the Healey/Deleo/Rosenberg move. I don't expect that the NRA is going to expend any significant resources fighting a battle in MA, when there is very little chance of winning. They have to be gearing up for the big battle that will ensue when Hillary wins the White House, and she begins trying to appoint anti-2A supreme Court justices.

NRA has been a very good partner to Comm2A and we've worked with CRDF on a number of projects. In the last few years they've become much more sensitive to the political realities in a place like Massachusetts and know when to keep a low profile. But they're here and they are working.

Goal does not do federal level stuff, that is what the NRA is for. The NRA does good on the federal level and are worth supporting.

Correct but something as critical as the mess we woke up to last month should wake them up. As we've discussed, Maura made a huge splash on the national level with this. Million Moms and a host of others are pushing their agenda. Letting this simmer for any length of time will only hurt other states.

In this state it may make sense politically to keep GOAL completely separate from NRA, as such when the antis claim that GOAL is the local affiliate of the evil baby seal killing NRA you can call them out and call them a liar to their face.

Remember, that for all practical purposes NRA board members are not elected but appointed by the current ruling establishment.

Sure, they have an annual election - but they publish instructions on who to vote for in the magazine right with the candidate list. If you aren't supported by the "nominating committee" as one "recommended" by the leadership, you don't stand a chance of winning.

on the Healey/Deleo/Rosenberg move

I don't believe they are the only ones involved.
The oversight committee is complacent on this also.

From Brownsberger

I’m a huge fan of Maura Healey — she is a great person and a great Attorney General. And I’m a strong supporter of gun control.
I do feel, based on my own initial review of the issue, that, in this case, she may well have extended the law beyond its intended use

What I was SHOCKED to hear was that the NRA has yet to give a SINGLE PENNY to help fight the tyranny here in Massachusetts in 15 YEARS!

This is pretty inflammatory. I respect your passion, but know the facts.

Your data is inaccurate. Per Knuckledragger from Comm2a as above:

"Comm2A has partnered with the NRA CRDF (Civil Right Defense Fund) on several occasions and they've proven to be generous and supportive partners. Comm2A cannot ask for a better working relationship with this group. In the past few years the NRA has become much more sensitive to the 'optics' and understand that sometimes it's better to keep a low profile."

Comm2a is the litigation arm where GOAL is the legislative. It's not that fine of a distinction, and the NRA has funded Comm2a. Maybe you'll want to edit your video?

Last edited:
In modern warfare you have to attack the enemy in depth. So we need to battle them legally on the local level with com2a and goal and at federal level with NRA.

Take a page from the antis. They attack us with laws at international (UN), federal, state,city, and town levels mostly with different players. We need to be equally smart in our offense and defense of 2A.

This.
Goal does not do federal level stuff, that is what the NRA is for. The NRA does good on the federal level and are worth supporting.

I look at the NRA like this .....it has its place and maybe its only plave is on the federal level.

Think like this.... Wayne bosted 4.5 million members in 2013 ok so lets say its 5million today thats only 100,000 members per state.
thats only 25% of the 400,000 know gun owners here in MA.
I will toss it out there that 25% is on the high side.
Any way would it be unreasonable for all MA NRA members to call on the NRA to give a small percent of there anual dues to GOAL or Comm2A?
I have alway relayed to the soliciting callers for wayne to stop spending all that money on the cheap chinese free junk they push and turn that money into funds for the states.
How many millions do you think the NRA spends on that cheap free shit...just to pull 25$ out of us.

Just heard recently on a Safety Solutions podcast that Gabby Giffords foundation (alone) has more $ than the NRA. If it is true, I am not sure exactly how to interpret that. Hopefully it is not an indicator that the NRA is in a bad position right now.

I'm going to call the NRA today and ask them how they intend to improve their level of support on the ground here in MA. You all should too. It's much better than complaining to the poor, oblivious telemarketers when they call to ask for money for the NRA...which I also always do too.

One of the speakers last night...I think it was that NSSF guy said....and I believe this is a very important suggestion he made...and that is to not divide against ourselves. Heck, the gov has the people so divided and look how weak we are against them. That will play right into the gov's hand.

We need to stand with the NRA and every other state like NJ is standing with us. And I also agree that the NRA needs to stand with us. But if we keep bad mouthing pro gun groups and organizations we lose.

So support them financially if you want but blasting them verbally in public might be your right but it does nothing to support the cause.

I am not privy to the finances of the NRA or GOAL. They can fight about that as it is way out of my pay grade.

But when you ask "where is the NRA?" Or where is "GOAL?" you have to know that in both of those cases it's you and me...it's US. They can throw lawyers and organization behind us but not without our financial support.

We need to be out spreading the message of freedom and rights and identifying the oppressive politicians to younger voters. We need to vote these anti's out. That is OUR job. The NRA and GOAL cannot do that., We have to.

So I am not going to blast any organization. I'm going to do my part to spread the word. To point out the tyrants and encourage anyone I can talk to and try to have them vote for a pro2A candidate. Because without that you can throw as much money and as many lawyers at this as you want and we will still lose.

I give money to both Goal and the NRA. Comm2A also, but that's besides the point.

Goal is local lobbying for the state legislature and executive.

The NRA is for federal lobbying of the congress and executive.

Two totally different leagues. Also, given the libtards in MA, I think that the NRA would HURT the cause in MA. Just like if Trump were to chime in. It would give more ammunition to Healy and the legislature because the blue libtards inside 128 would start to get vocal about those extra killy assault weapons.

Give money to both organizations. And don't forget Comm2A either.

I look at the NRA like this .....it has its place and maybe its only plave is on the federal level.

Think like this.... Wayne bosted 4.5 million members in 2013 ok so lets say its 5million today thats only 100,000 members per state.
thats only 25% of the 400,000 know gun owners here in MA.
I will toss it out there that 25% is on the high side.
Any way would it be unreasonable for all MA NRA members to call on the NRA to give a small percent of there anual dues to GOAL or Comm2A?
I have alway relayed to the soliciting callers for wayne to stop spending all that money on the cheap chinese free junk they push and turn that money into funds for the states.
How many millions do you think the NRA spends on that cheap free shit...just to pull 25$ out of us.

Who you gonna call? Seriously do a little research. People act like NRA is a monolithic corporation and nothing could be further from the truth. They have zillion websites and probably a dozen or more corporations.

Knuckle Dragger mentioned working with NRA CRDF (Civil Right Defense Fund) which I had never heard of before. There is NRA-ILA that is a separate corp that deals with lobbying, there is NRA Training which is likely a 501(c)3 that only deals in training, etc. Federal tax laws dictate the roles of different types of corporations and they must each have their own BOD (remember the fiasco with GOAL/Outdoor Message/GOAL Foundation?).

So one arm likely does not know what the other arm is doing and can't be involved.

Although I'm not certain, I doubt that dues money can be used for litigation or lobbying legally.

And I'll bet the people calling/begging for money are NOT NRA employees but a hired firm that just does fund-raising and keeps a good-sized chunk of the money they bring in. I don't donate to phone solicitations exactly for that reason. If I believe in something, I send the money directly to that org so 100% goes to the cause, not 50% or less!

Just heard recently on a Safety Solutions podcast that Gabby Giffords foundation (alone) has more $ than the NRA. If it is true, I am not sure exactly how to interpret that. Hopefully it is not an indicator that the NRA is in a bad position right now.

Which pile of NRA money from which of their multiple corps?

I'm going to call the NRA today and ask them how they intend to improve their level of support on the ground here in MA. You all should too. It's much better than complaining to the poor, oblivious telemarketers when they call to ask for money for the NRA...which I also always do too.

Not sure who you can call that matters, but it's best if they are invisible in MA and only work with the MA orgs in the back room. I've been told by those that know that this is currently happening.

Back
Top Bottom