The NRA Is Still A No Show In Massachusetts

Yeah, I will continue to express my concerns and let the NRA know about this when they call.
Last time they called I did just that and was told that they sent out an email alert.
I told them we need and expect more than that.

Obviously GOAL is a priority right now, but I can't stop supporting the NRA in good conscience.
Like others have said, at least at this point we can still vote with our feet and escape this God forsaken liberal hell hole.

The way I look at it, yeah it sucks the NRA has forsaken MA, but then again GOAL isn't fighting the national battle. NRA is fighting against Hillary and a potential Federal All Gun Weapons Ban. Both are working in our best interest.

Not seeing a lot of love for NSSF.

They are the organization putting forward the legal battle as of right now. If you have the $ thats who you should be throwing extra support at right now. Last I had checked S&W ($500k) and Sig Sauer ($100k) ponied up some coin to fight this BS. All these organizations serve a purpose.

- - - Updated - - -

I emailed the NRA last month to ask if they were in the fight against Healy, they said yes, they support through GOAL.. send the NRA-ILA an email and see if you get the same message

^Was the response I received from NRA-ILA as well.

This makes sense. Senator Ehawee Warren and her like attack the NRA and "Gun Lobby" and the approach of focusing on families and lawful owners is a better strategy.

We gotta stop using modifiers with 'gun owner'. The term 'gun owner' is sufficient. Using 'lawful gun owner' only helps to re-enforce the impression that we're the minority, that somehow large numbers of 'gun owners' are 'unlawful'. If a gun owner isn't 'lawful', they are a criminal.

You could always get an NRA Life Membership and run for the Board of Directors on the premises of taking the fight to the ban states. I'd wager the political process inside the NRA is more fruitful than through the US political process.

The J U N K mail the NRA sends is staggering( I am just talking to me). I am a life member and make a few donations a year. I am done emailing/calling to stop sending mail to me unless you are notifying me that I will be the next curator at the NRA Museum and yes thier hat sucks Healey's sweaty nut sack.

The NRA had already left Ma., way back in the early 90's, when we were standing on the statehouse steps and that's over 20 years ago.
My father taught me not to "throw good money after bad". As a lobbying organization what has the NRA got to gain from lobbying at the local level. It would be nice if they could somehow throw a little GOALS way to help defray costs but they need to fight at the national level where there is a chance of maintaining our Second Amendment rights when they are attacked by Hillary and the rest of the Progressive movement If the US Congress continues to support the Second Amendment it will NOT be congressmen from MA doing the job and that will not change no matter how much money is thrown into this state.

Don't lose sight of the fact that we are currently fighting to return to the status quo where we would remain one of the top five repressive states in the union when it comes to the Second Amendment. Such is live behind the curtain.

My father taught me not to "throw good money after bad". As a lobbying organization what has the NRA got to gain from lobbying at the local level. It would be nice if they could somehow throw a little GOALS way to help defray costs but they need to fight at the national level where there is a chance of maintaining our Second Amendment rights when they are attacked by Hillary and the rest of the Progressive movement If the US Congress continues to support the Second Amendment it will NOT be congressmen from MA doing the job and that will not change no matter how much money is thrown into this state.

Don't lose sight of the fact that we are currently fighting to return to the status quo where we would remain one of the top five repressive states in the union when it comes to the Second Amendment. Such is live behind the curtain.

I need to say that if the NRA doesn't change, The states rights will become the deciding factor in gun ownership, rather the fed. As I said earlier, when other state AG's do what has been done here, because the NRA didn't help the fight at state levels, we wont need a NRA to fight at the federal level. The NRA will then wish that they had listened to us, here in Ma., at that point. You know, when it's to late.

My understanding has been that the NRA is so reviled in MA that GOAL exists as a surrogate in MA and functions in a similar role. Based mainly on hearsay on NES, the absence of the NRA is intentional, and GOAL is the NRA's MA state association.

ETA: According to the NRA web site, GOAL is the NRA state association - whatever that means.

If the NRA is reviled here in ma. it is due to the perceived power of the NRA. The NRA's perceived power has no value in Ma. if they don't use it in Ma.. Our gun rights in Ma. are already under complete attack. Who cares how the gun grabbers feel about the NRA in the over all scheme of things at this point. Can you go buy a new AR15 at your local gun shop anymore? No! Again, our gun rights are already under attack. The fed condoning your purchase of a new AR15 is worthless here, so what do you think that the NRA can do at the federal level about that? The answer is that the NRA can do nothing about states rights at the federal level. Every corporation reaches a point at which it's time for change and change in this case is critical if the NRA, expects our need for a NRA to continue. I believe that the NRA must take up the fight for individual states rights or find themselves without funding and membership as each individual states rights are stripped away, right before the NRA's eyes. If NRA brass wishes to keep their cushy, huge paying jobs, for a prolonged period of time, they can not afford to loose their position one state at a time.

Last edited:
GOAL, COMM2A, and the Second Amendment Foundation. The NRA will not use your money in this state.
That's not true. If you're contributing to NRA-CRDF, your money is indeed coming back into Massachusetts. It's coming back in very specific and focused efforts.

Again, People should be NRA members as well as supporting GOAL, Comm2A, SAF, etc. What you do past membership is your business. Remember, the anti-2A crowd is trying to get to your rights through organizations like the NRA. They try to portray the NRA as just another well-heeled special interest group that advocates against the interests of Americans. The strength and power of the NRA isn't because of money, it's because of voters - a claim that real special interest lobbying groups that represnt big oil, big pharma, etc. can match.

This is why numbers are so important and it's so critical that people represent. If the antis can continue to dehumanize the Second Amendment and make it just another big money special interest, we will lose.

The Myth of the Big Bad Gun Lobby

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/artic...olitical-clout-members-campaign-contributions

Last edited:
Imma axe you diss:

How many of you have contributed to the "cause" in NY, MD or CA in the last couple of years?

Anyone?

Join the NRA. Send them money. Join GOAL. Send them money. Join NSSF, Comm2A, GOA, everything you can.

At what price are you willing to let your gun rights go away??

Think about that.

For $500 today, would you go back in time and have Maura un-elected???? I know I would.

Stop all of this in-fighting. Take all of that energy, count your pennies and send money to several of these groups. Put your collective money where your mouths are.

We all hang together or we all hang separately.

That's not true. If you're contributing to NRA-CRDF, your money is indeed coming back into Massachusetts. It's coming back in very specific and focused efforts.

Again, People should be NRA members as well as supporting GOAL, Comm2A, SAF, etc. What you do past membership is your business. Remember, the anti-2A crowd is trying to get to your rights through organizations like the NRA. They try to portray the NRA as just another well-heeled special interest group that advocates against the interests of Americans. The strength and power of the NRA isn't because of money, it's because of voters - a claim that real special interest lobbying groups that represnt big oil, big pharma, etc. can match.

This is why numbers are so important and it's so critical that people represent. If the antis can continue to dehumanize the Second Amendment and make it just another big money special interest, we will lose.

The Myth of the Big Bad Gun Lobby

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/artic...olitical-clout-members-campaign-contributions

I know, see my post #70

Imma axe you diss:

How many of you have contributed to the "cause" in NY, MD or CA in the last couple of years?

Anyone?

Join the NRA. Send them money. Join GOAL. Send them money. Join NSSF, Comm2A, GOA, everything you can.

At what price are you willing to let your gun rights go away??

Think about that.

For $500 today, would you go back in time and have Maura un-elected???? I know I would.

Stop all of this in-fighting. Take all of that energy, count your pennies and send money to several of these groups. Put your collective money where your mouths are.

We all hang together or we all hang separately.

All that money sent in. Did it help any of those states? CA, NY, NJ, MA, CA has been going down hill fast.

You can join GOAL, Comm2A, and either NSSF or NRA + SAF for about $100 total. Getting their membership numbers up helps with their ability to lobby and influence decisions.

Last edited:
You can join GOAL, Comm2A, and either NSSF or NRA + SAF for about $100 total. Getting their membership numbers up helps with their snail its to lobby and influence decisions.
The last I checked GOAL kept their membership numbers confidential, making them useless as a bludgeon. I believe this is because telling the political system how small the headcount is would undermine GOAL's desire to be considered a voting block worth pursuing.

All that money sent in. Did it help any of those states? CA, NY, NJ, MA, CA has been going down hill fast.

You know, you can fight this battle on foreign soil or your own. Your choice. Was it that long ago that the Great Society was thought up and implemented by. . . . . . A TEXAN!?!?!?!?!?!? S-word is circular.

So why wait until the battle is on your doorstep??? Or is it more (everyone can answer this one silently in their own heart) about getting YOURS and just b-wording and complaining online and less about doing what a real Patriot would?

I live here. This is MY home. So I stand and fight as best as I can. And I take the fight to the enemy where I can as well. Why would you ever STOP fighting????? I don't get that.

- - - Updated - - -

The last I checked GOAL kept their membership numbers confidential, making them useless as a bludgeon. I believe this is because telling the political system how small the headcount is would undermine GOAL's desire to be considered a voting block worth pursuing.

Even if every gun owner in the state was a GOAL member, that's only about 7% of the population. You aren't talking a big block no matter what. :(

We gotta stop using modifiers with 'gun owner'. The term 'gun owner' is sufficient. Using 'lawful gun owner' only helps to re-enforce the impression that we're the minority, that somehow large numbers of 'gun owners' are 'unlawful'. If a gun owner isn't 'lawful', they are a criminal.

We need a separate thread for things like this...

Rob, perhaps that is true at this time, which is why we need to fix the problem. Jim did talk about the power of discussing with a legislator how GOAL represents xxx voters in their district. We need to get the number way up in order to improve that type of messaging.

It's only my humble opinion, but if, as you are sure of, the NRA sees Ma. as a waste of their time and money, we in Ma. should explain to the NRA that such a decision makes the NRA a waste of our time and money. What good does it do us to donate funds to the NRA if that money is only used to the benefit of states other than Ma., while we are left without rights. Like every one else, my backyard is more important to me than the backyards of people in other states. What good do gun rights in say the Dakota's do me when I'm here in Ma..
We are a small right wing minority in a far left moonbat State. The total population of Ma. is tiny compared to many other States. Moonbats are the majority by far and we'll never have their numbers which means we're screwed. We can't even depend on the rule of law because the State courts are packed w/left wing, anti-gun judges who will ALWAYS rule against us. If it wasn't for the NRA and Republican pols we'd be turning our guns in to Obama and his acolytes. Left wing Teachers Unions control the schools which preach the left wing agenda. If Hillary wins, even thou she's nowhere near as anti-gun as the Obama acolytes, we're screwed. She'll get to appoint 2-3 Supreme Court judges who will overturn Heller and MacDonald. The Dems have turned hard left and will use the Obama example to marginalize us if we lose the Senate. Unless Americans wake up in the next 3 months we'll be fighting a losing battle because of the changing demographics and the loss of power. The NRA is still the most powerful gun rights organization and can get the votes in Congress. Without them we're screwed. I'm 61 yrs. old and have seen this State change from Kennedy Dems to far left wing, anti-American moonbats. Just my observations and my opinion.

It's only my humble opinion, but if, as you are sure of, the NRA sees Ma. as a waste of their time and money, we in Ma. should explain to the NRA that such a decision makes the NRA a waste of our time and money. What good does it do us to donate funds to the NRA if that money is only used to the benefit of states other than Ma., while we are left without rights. Like every one else, my backyard is more important to me than the backyards of people in other states. What good do gun rights in say the Dakota's do me when I'm here in Ma..

The NRA has events in MA every year. There are opportunities to get involved and I would suggest as with all political organizations, that change from within is much more effective than complaining from without.

I don't fault the NRA for their current strategy in MA but that doesn't mean I don't think I have a better strategy. I'm sure we all think that we have better ideas or we wouldn't be posting our self righteous drivel on the interwebs for strangers to read.

For everyone who disagrees with the NRA's tactics in MA (which is to support Comm2A in lieu of other org's), I would say get involved if you have a better idea.

Personally, I agree with their stance and have a feeling that the amount of $ they contribute is proportional to what we donate or thereabouts.

$0.02

We are a small right wing minority in a far left moonbat State. The total population of Ma. is tiny compared to many other States. Moonbats are the majority by far and we'll never have their numbers which means we're screwed. We can't even depend on the rule of law because the State courts are packed w/left wing, anti-gun judges who will ALWAYS rule against us. If it wasn't for the NRA and Republican pols we'd be turning our guns in to Obama and his acolytes. Left wing Teachers Unions control the schools which preach the left wing agenda. If Hillary wins, even thou she's nowhere near as anti-gun as the Obama acolytes, we're screwed. She'll get to appoint 2-3 Supreme Court judges who will overturn Heller and MacDonald. The Dems have turned hard left and will use the Obama example to marginalize us if we lose the Senate. Unless Americans wake up in the next 3 months we'll be fighting a losing battle because of the changing demographics and the loss of power. The NRA is still the most powerful gun rights organization and can get the votes in Congress. Without them we're screwed. I'm 61 yrs. old and have seen this State change from Kennedy Dems to far left wing, anti-American moonbats. Just my observations and my opinion.

I agree with some of what you've said. Granted, we're not the biggest state in the union, but with a 2015 population of 6.79 million people and a anticipated 2016 population of 6.8115 million, we're not on par with say, North Dakota either. I understand that the NRA's chosen claim to fame is that they carry on the good fight at the federal level. I agree and am concerned that the possibility of supreme court changes that Hillary could make, if elected, would spell doom for gun rights and that the NRA can be helpful in getting votes in congress, however, if states rights ( which as seen here in Ma. supersede federal rights) are lost in the process, what's the point of the NRA getting congressional votes only to have them completely voided by individual states? This is why I feel it very important for the NRA decision makers to get involved with individual states gun rights. Once again, without states gun rights, there is no purpose to federal gun rights, since the state can overrule/ void " ALL " federal gun rights, as seen here in Ma..

The NRA has events in MA every year. There are opportunities to get involved and I would suggest as with all political organizations, that change from within is much more effective than complaining from without.

I don't fault the NRA for their current strategy in MA but that doesn't mean I don't think I have a better strategy. I'm sure we all think that we have better ideas or we wouldn't be posting our self righteous drivel on the interwebs for strangers to read.

For everyone who disagrees with the NRA's tactics in MA (which is to support Comm2A in lieu of other org's), I would say get involved if you have a better idea.

Personally, I agree with their stance and have a feeling that the amount of $ they contribute is proportional to what we donate or thereabouts.

$0.02

It would be nice to see some facts that back up your feelings regarding the NRA's suspected help here in Ma.. I'm sure that all gun owners in Ma. want to feel good about the NRA.

I don't think it's confidential. Jay Beard even mentioned it Monday night: 15,000 members

That's 15,000 out of 300,000 gun owners - or 5% of the gun-owning population - the same % as the NRA nationally.

Several members of Comm2A have posted just that in this very thread. I'm not sure that I would want them to post numbers since we aren't the only ones reading this. Face to face conversations with those people may produce more specific examples and such, there are events for that as well (they do shoot you know, not just the legal stuff).

I don't think it's confidential. Jay Beard even mentioned it Monday night: 15,000 members

That's 15,000 out of 300,000 gun owners - or 5% of the gun-owning population - the same % as the NRA nationally.
Policy must have changed. I asked the GOAL president the headcount 5+ years ago and got the "confidential" story directly from him.

Back
Top Bottom