The most unreliable gun you've shot

My first gun was a M&P 9 full size. I didn't like it for several reasons one being how many FTE's I had with it. I tried numerous brands of ammo and still had occasional issues. Additionally, I was not accurate with it. I put thousands of rounds through it until I finally broke down and let it go. However I am tempted to buy a M&P45.

I've got a S&W 1911 that I've had no problems with whatsoever. I let my friend Jason shoot it, and he was getting tons of FTE's... like several per magazine. I would take the gun from him and shoot a few mags no problem, give it back to him, and bam... tons of FTE's.

I don't know if this is true or not, but I recall hearing that if you limp wrist a semi-auto you increase the chance of a FTE or FTF. Thats the only reason I can think of why I didn't have any problems with it and my friend did.

My hi-standard target pistol in .22 short. The mag loves to fail to feed. Either doesn't raise up the next round, or jams it on the edge of the chamber. Had one stove pipe as well.

My SIG Mosquito does this constantly. I stopped shooting it because of this. Stovepipes live rounds constantly.

Smith & Wesson 639. First & last 9mm I ever bought. Nothing made commercially would
function in the POS. Six month later I traded it back to the shop where I bought it. I pity
the poor guy that bought that used. I took a bath on it but at least I wasn't haunted
by it forever.

SIG Mosquito BY FAR. FTF, FTE, will eject but won't feed the next round, won't lock back after the last round. I've tried everything with this gun, I even bought a Gemtech threaded barrel and ran it with my Stratus suppressor and she still malfunctioned. I bought this gun for my wife for Christmas a few years ago (she started shooting with my P22 & MP5K PDW SBR) and she doesn't like to shoot it because it's more malfunction than actual shooting. Extremely frustrating.

I've got a S&W 1911 that I've had no problems with whatsoever. I let my friend Jason shoot it, and he was getting tons of FTE's... like several per magazine. I would take the gun from him and shoot a few mags no problem, give it back to him, and bam... tons of FTE's.

I don't know if this is true or not, but I recall hearing that if you limp wrist a semi-auto you increase the chance of a FTE or FTF. Thats the only reason I can think of why I didn't have any problems with it and my friend did.

I thought that was my problem at first. However, I never had the problems with any other of my firearms. I also have a 1911 and have never had one single issue. Same with my Sig.

My hi-standard target pistol in .22 short. The mag loves to fail to feed. Either doesn't raise up the next round, or jams it on the edge of the chamber. Had one stove pipe as well.

I am going to bet the problem is the mag, not the gun. Mine runs like a top with the right round after spending much time tuning the mags.

Why would he send a Taurus back to Beretta? Especially twice?

My best friend had a Taurus PT100 (Beretta 96 clone) that would never make it through an 11 round mag without FTE'ing or FTF'ing....usually at least twice. We tried every ammo we could find. Didn't matter. It was sent back to Beretta twice and still wasn't right.

Ray you're gonna hate me but

The most unreliable gun i ever owned so far, has be an Norinco SKS

thing was a piece of shit, even with your advice i still couldnt get it to run right. got rid of it and bought a handgun

The tec-dc9 dench told me not to buy....I'm sure dench remembers vividly, "You and your gangster guns mike".

I'm horrified to say it's one of the guns I got here on this board. A Springfield 1911A1 that was without a doubt the crappiest gun I've ever owned.

Failure to go into battery, stovepipes, you name it, this piece of crap had it.

Enter a guy named Gregg Derr. And today I have an absolutely AWESOME 1911. (ok scratch that, it was awesome except for the sear which I'm replacing as we speak)

Here it is today (sans new sear, which it needs as it fires double taps not on purpose).

IMG_3201.JPG

It SHOULD have been a great gun out of the box. What can I say, even good manufacturers put out lemons.

My best friend had a Taurus PT100 (Beretta 96 clone). Damn thing would not make it through an 11 round mag without 2-3 FTEs or FTFs, or some combination thereof. After 2 trips back to them, it was still just as bad.

FAL. Pin on the charging handle was about .05 too short, and it would slip past the front of the carrier and get stuck in one of the sand cuts. It also likes to hang up if I pull back and release the handle, and now and then when firing. Think the inside of the carrier needs a good polishing, and the whole thing needs more oil. Someday I'll dig it out when I care enough to fix it. If I knew then what I know now, I would have avoided that damn Hesse receiver, but so help me god it will run 100% if it likes it or not.

I'm going to change my vote from "Fooped's Mk23" to my Argentine Hi-Power. It's broken, and I am incapable of fixing it [sad] even though it's only a $3 part that's messed up.

Ruger MKII......when I actually finally cleaned it, it seemed to get worse...but it's very ammo dependent too. Lets face it, most bargain 22 ammo is shit. If I fed it something better it would probably be fine....

My other cheap "off brand" Kel tec's, Rock Isands, etc....have been great really....and I'm kinda amazed by that.....

AK fans are gonna love this one, but based on number of malfunctions, my runaway favorite is my WASR-10...

Had to pound the ejector and bend it up to get it to reliably kick rounds out. Even still, it still eats a case now and then...

A Raven .25 I bought for $75.

Took it home shot the snot out of it one day, wiped it down and carried it for 6 months and then I went to the back yard to fire up the Raven at some cans.....click.

The last shot I made with it 6 months before broke the firing pin. [shocked] Got a new FP and sold it.

Yeah, I should have known better but I was younger and broker at the time.

I had an auto ordnance m-14 that absolutely sucked. it would jam, it would have plenty of stovepipes and was just overall tempermental. I traded that for an AR.

Back
Top Bottom