The most unreliable gun you've shot

Original S&W Sigma, haven't shot the newer version (don't really care to).

I have one of the newer ones (SW40VE). While its not the greatest gun in the world one thing it has been is reliable. To date I have over 2000 rounds through out without a problem. I do clean it after every range trip though.

Ruger Mk II. This thing wouldn't function with ANY ammo except for Remington Thunderbolt. FTF, FTE, terrible.

This thread is VERY interesting [smile]

I'd say the most unreliable gun I've fired is the Remington 597 .22 rifle. HORRIBLE. couldn't get through a magazine without failures, no matter what ammo, or what magazine was used. It was also so inaccurate it wasn't funny.

FEG PMK380. Cheap crappy knockoff of the PPK/s. Out of the box, functioned about as well as a Luger buried in sand. Traded it in at a loss.

Jennings J22. [rofl] I won't even go into it.

Interarms PPK
Para Ordnance Warthog
First generation Smith & Wesson Sigma

Ugh, ugh and ugh.

A Lorcin is more reliable.

Last edited:
I'm a little surprised at all the Sigma and P22 issues. I guess I'm lucky, I've had no issues at all with either gun, but both are newer models. I would never second guess my 40VE.

The most unreliable gun I've shot is a Derringer in 45-70. Talk about scary when you pull the trigger and it goes click instead of boom. 5 seconds later it went boom and scared the hell out of all of us[shocked]. This happened 3 times, after that the gun went bye bye!

The most unreliable gun I've shot is a Derringer in 45-70. Talk about scary when you pull the trigger and it goes click instead of boom. 5 seconds later it went boom and scared the hell out of all of us[shocked]. This happened 3 times, after that the gun went bye bye!

Sounds like an ammo problem to me.......

What you said was rude, and totally uncalled for. I'm not going to make a big deal out of it, I've never given a neg rep before, and I'm not going to start now, but suffice to say that I'm going to be more selective about who I share my guns and time with in the future.

I stand by my statement that your Warthog and thus all of them are totally sucky, but I do enjoy shooting your other guns and would hope that you do not cut me off in the future. I would be[sad2]

Also, no HK firearm has ever been credibly listed on any list of this nature...ever. HK rules...peace out.[rockon]

This thread is VERY interesting [smile]

I'd say the most unreliable gun I've fired is the Remington 597 .22 rifle. HORRIBLE. couldn't get through a magazine without failures, no matter what ammo, or what magazine was used. It was also so inaccurate it wasn't funny.

My 597 constantly jammed when I first got it. It would only fire winchester wildcats. After I broke it in it's pretty much my working horse. I'll go out probably twice a month and hunt cat sized rats with them at night.. in the rain... mud... cow shit... you name it. It seems any .22 gun I've owned gave me problems. A Sig Mosquito was close to my worst purchase until I put Federals through it now it's my new favorite. Mossberg 500 never failed on me Derek. It may be a clumsy gun but it's gone boom everytime I've pulled the trigger.

The appropriate thing to do would to have let me know that you were having issues with it AT THE TIME, not months later in the "The most unreliable gun you've ever shot" thread. [rolleyes]

I like to think that I get along with most people here, and half the stuff I bring to the shoots is solely for other NES'ers benefit. I know that I'm fortunate to have some rare irons that a lot of folks either can't find or afford, and I bring them along to share my love of HK's products and to let others enjoy shooting them. I've brought my factory blued H&K P7M10 to a few shoots, because one of my mod buddies (you know who you are [wink]) likes to shoot it.

THIS IS A 4000.00 FIREARM.

He's got more rounds through it than I do.

He said your gun had some FTFs and he's being rude?

Fooped said:
I stand my ground here. What you said was rude, and totally uncalled for. I'm not going to make a big deal out of it, I've never given a neg rep before, and I'm not going to start now, but suffice to say that I'm going to be more selective about who I share my guns and time with in the future.

Looks like you already have made a big deal out of it. I think you're being a tad sensitive here. [grin]

My Mossberg Plinkster, I actually had a round go off in the magazine from the bolt going acroos the top of it, it was the top round in the mag as it was feeding, and it went off, scared the hell out of me when it happened. Had to take the gun apart to the last pin to get everything cleaned out of it, now it sprays unburnt back in your face. What a POS

I have an Iver Johnson TP22 alloy frame copy of PPK in 22 cal. Wont feed anything more than 2 shots at a time then FTF FTE jam jam jam. I dropped in once and Broke it had to order a whole new Trigger Guard , magazine floorplate and grip panel . Mind you that i only dropped it about 2 feet.
All i wanted was a compact gun to carry on me when i walked in the summer.

Total piece of Crap , i guess you get what you pay for . It was cheap.

Utter nonsense. I have had a few thousand rounds through that gun with not ONE failure. Not one.

I bring 10k worth of exotic pistols to a shoot, and let folks I don't even know handle and shoot them, and this is what comes of it?

I am pissed.

Why be mad at him? It isn't his fault your gun was a jam-o-matic that day, regardless of its price tag.

The most unreliable gun I've shot is probably my 10/22, lots of FTF going on with that thing!

Why be mad at him? It isn't his fault your gun was a jam-o-matic that day, regardless of its price tag.

The most unreliable gun I've shot is probably my 10/22, lots of FTF going on with that thing!

You might try a VQ extractor on your 10/22. It fixed all my 10/22's reliability issues. Cheap fix too.

S&W Sigma V40 (original model) - 5 parts broke internally when 3rd mag of factory ammo was inserted (Brand new gun), dropping the mag on the bench. S&W fixed it and I sold it!

Walther P22 - bought it for my Wife and I spent most of my time clearing jams for her. Fail to feed, double-feed, etc. Tried >5 different brands of ammo, no luck. Sold it.

I had a (used) Colt Combat Commander that wouldn't feed properly, regularly jammed with a combination of stovepipes and other oddities and it wouldn't lock back with a mag in the magwell. It was a real piece of crap and to make matters worse the place where I bought it from refused to take it back. The clerk told me that I had to speak to the owner......not good. Ever since then I've not been a huge fan of any Colt firearm.

Beretta 92FS, probably THE worst pistol I've shot. Stovepipe on every other round, FTF's, you name it, it did it. Changed ammo, mags, recoil springs, extractor...nothing helped. Couldn't wait to get rid of the gun.

and my 92FS works fine with all sorts of re loads and factory rounds...

My 92FS works flawlessly as well. I normally feed it Remington hardball and it has never jammed or anything. I wouldn't hesitate to bring it into combat.

I'd be flipping mad myself. Fooped found out months not minutes after the fact that his gun was supposedly having problems. If it was me and I had some of my guns out for a shoot and a problem started to arise I would want to know that moment not months later. I feel Fooped has all the right in the world to be mad. A little courtsey when shooting others guns is to speak up and say I'm having a problem or I think the gun is having a problem.

Back
Top Bottom