• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Something New from Smith & Wesson

I dont see it as a bad thing.... While I think its stupid, and wont use it it would ( in theory ) allow a much better trigger in MA per the AG's regs. Maybe I wont have to spend another $100 to get a usable trigger

No, it won't. It's striker fired, and the AG is a ****ing *** and already laid the hammer down on the M&P that had a manual safety on it. (When the M&P .45 was first released, it had a manual safety on it, and S&W was about to roll that out in MA, but they had to stop the whole thing and put a douche trigger on it just like the others. ) So if past experience is a prior indicator, the manual safety will not make a better trigger WRT ma compliance. It's just another useless lever on the gun.

Further, the free state M&P triggers are junk anyways, although they are somewhat more usable than the 15 pound scratchncrunchentrash MA triggers are. You will still want to repair it regardless. They are scratchy as hell, and the reset seems like its way too long. There is serious room for improvement on the M&P triggers even in the "free" version. The difference between a standard M&P trigger and one that's been done up by a smith the right way, is literally night and day. Even the guys with the drop in apex kits have a WAY better trigger than the stock free state trigger.

-Mike

Last edited:
No, it won't. It's striker fired, and the AG is a ****ing *** and already laid the hammer down on the M&P that had a manual safety on it. (When the M&P .45 was first released, it had a manual safety on it, and S&W was about to roll that out in MA, but they had to stop the whole thing and put a douche trigger on it just like the others. ) So if past experience is a prior indicator, the manual safety will not make a better trigger WRT ma compliance. It's just another useless lever on the gun.

Further, the free state M&P triggers are junk anyways, although they are somewhat more usable than the 15 pound scratchncrunchentrash MA triggers are. You will still want to repair it regardless. They are scratchy as hell, and the reset seems like its way too long. There is serious room for improvement on the M&P triggers even in the "free" version. The difference between a standard M&P trigger and one that's been done up by a smith the right way, is literally night and day. Even the guys with the drop in apex kits have a WAY better trigger than the stock free state trigger.

-Mike

Your more knowledgeable than me, so Ill take your word. I was using the "logic" behind why the Ruger SR9 has managed to have a lighter trigger and was a striker fired pistol I guess trying to make sense out of a stupid system if usless

Meh, doesn't appeal to me. Too big for pocket carry. If carry IWB/OWB, you can get away with a much better shooting gun. To each their own.

If this is single stack, I may have to give it a try. While it's not a pocket pistol, I could use a slightly thinner IWB carry pistol and like the ergos of the M&Ps.

Your more knowledgeable than me, so Ill take your word. I was using the "logic" behind why the Ruger SR9 has managed to have a lighter trigger and was a striker fired pistol I guess trying to make sense out of a stupid system if usless

Isn't one of the SR9s worse than the other? I forget.

I guess what I am getting at is S&W tried to do this before (albeit, the lever was different) and it didn't pass muster, or at least their legal team pulled back and re-thought their approach.

Enforcement of the CMR940 stuff is pretty inconsistent.

-Mike

I wish it was a .45

As 9mm it doesn't do anything for me that a PPS or LC9 doesn't.

I bet when the dust settles this gun will be easier to get work done to than the PPS. A few gunsmiths will give you the "WTF?" look if you ask them to fix a PPS trigger.

The mag release on this gun is somewhat better, too.

The LC9 is... well, an LC9. It's OK in its own right but it's not in the same class.

.45s near that size factor are kind of a yawnfest, between the lost capacity, excessive recoil/flip, and huge loss of muzzle velocity.

-Mike

I wish it was a .45

As 9mm it doesn't do anything for me that a PPS or LC9 doesn't.

This is available in 45 ............. it's called the Glock 36

If S&W can produce a sub sized single stack 9, measurably smaller than the Glock 36 I might consider it.

Here are the 7 facebook clues. Looks like the leaked pic is legit.

1s.jpg

2s.jpg

3s.jpg

4s.jpg

5s.jpg

6s.jpg

7s.jpg

I would like to see it in person, but I doubt it will be better then the PF9. Cant beat the original.

Who says it's a copy of the PF9? It's a single stack 9mm. Are you implying that all single stack 9's are copies of eachother? If so the S&W CS9 predates the PF9 by almost 10 years. And the Luger well, about 100 years or so, LOL

Last edited:
Maybe they could skip the release of something that's been done before, and put some money towards fighting the unconstitutional b.s. in the state that they so happen to reside in? Novel idea...I know [rolleyes]

Maybe they could skip the release of something that's been done before, and put some money towards fighting the unconstitutional b.s. in the state that they so happen to reside in? Novel idea...I know [rolleyes]

So make the whole country suffer because of one POS state? That make sense[rolleyes]

S&W is in the business of making money. They couldn't change MA even if they threw all their liquid money at it. You want change, get out there and change peoples minds on voting and work on getting some people in office that will bring MA back to the greatness it once was when the foundation of the revolution was laid down. Are you a member of any local politic committees (IE town republican or tea party)? Do you show up to your town meetings and voice your opinion on wasteful spending and censored rights? Change starts with you and your peers, not at some gun manufactures headquarters.

Saw a supposedly leaked photo on another site, but it was taken down. Just looks like a sub-compact M&P.

*edit-Oh I didn't realize it was here too, haha. Yea, I guess I'm not too excited about this.

I bought some S&W stock today, so this better be a blockbuster! So far after broker fees I'm up $1.

Am I the only one who thinks the BG semi is fugly? I would entertain a sub 9mm if it kept the looks of the M&Ps. From the Facebook puzzle it looks like it does. Of course no matter what it is it won't be on this side of the Berlin Wall for some time.

I bought some S&W stock today, so this better be a blockbuster! So far after broker fees I'm up $1.

Am I the only one who thinks the BG semi is fugly? I would entertain a sub 9mm if it kept the looks of the M&Ps. From the Facebook puzzle it looks like it does. Of course no matter what it is it won't be on this side of the Berlin Wall for some time.

$1 total? How many shares did you buy? They moved .37 today but are down .04 in after hour trading.

The BG is hideous [wink]

$1 total? How many shares did you buy? They moved .37 today but are down .04 in after hour trading.

The BG is hideous [wink]

I don't count profits until after broker fees, which amount to $14 if you count $7 on the buying/selling ends. I only bought 100 shares since it was kind of an unresearched gamble. I figure an announcement of any kind will cause some movement, at least on the short term.

I guess it looks like I didn't get in at today's low [wink].

Back
Top Bottom