• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Something New from Smith & Wesson

This just in those who were paying attention might have realized that buying stock in gun companies six months ago might have been a good idea with the possibility of a 2nd Obummer term. That said I missed the boat on ruger I thought it pretty g
High at 40. But between SR9c and SR1911 and possibly an Sr45c the place is probably humming...

I just read that it will be out on April 12th at noon what it is, so we will know what it is at our S&W Tour.....................

Big Announcement Coming:
The S&W official announcement comes at Noon on April 12th, the day before the show floor opens in St. Louis. As we always say, “stay tuned.”

I just read that it will be out on April 12th at noon what it is, so we will know what it is at our S&W Tour...

No, you won't.

They are keeping it a secret from the workers who are making them.

One S&W plant employee was quoted as saying, "I don't know WHAT the heck it is! The higher ups just won' TELL us!! So, we just keep on making them--we'll find out what these things are eventually..."[smile]

No, you won't.

They are keeping it a secret from the workers who are making them.

One S&W plant employee was quoted as saying, "I don't know WHAT the heck it is! The higher ups just won' TELL us!! So, we just keep on making them--we'll find out what these things are eventually..."[smile]

Yes we will - our S&W tour is on the 12th [smile]

My info came from my e-mail from Shooting USA, Jim Scoutten, he is very connected with S&W and he wouldn't put this out unless he heard it from S&W.

As the message says: As we always say, “stay tuned.”

So I guess we will have to wait to the Tour to find out.

They can come out with whatever they want, all I know is I bought SW stock one month ago at $5.44......today it hit $8.60!

WOOHOO!!!!![cheers]

You need to be green member (aka paid member) and you will see the sign up thread.

Sent from my iPhone 5.

OPPs, sorry, I forgot to look at his name.

Yes become GREEN, (look at the bottom of my signature) than when you are green, go to the link I gave you.

Thanks [thumbsup]

Last edited:
I got a picture of it yesterday.... it's in my photobucket.... I don't want to get anyone in trouble, but I'll say this.... if you own an LC9, you may want to sell it now. Very similar dimension wise, only better built and better feel... course we won't get to buy it in Mass for at least another 6 months.. [frown] It looks just like an M&P compact, only narrower, but I liked the grip better as it had a better pinky rest.

Uh huh, and you can support this by looking at a picture?

No, I'm not that good, I handled it,fondled it, (the new M&P9mm Shield) and also own an LC9.... then I took a picture of it in my palm, but really am afraid I might get someone in trouble, so I am holding back on the pic. But can assure you, without having shot it, but on the say so of a few that have shot it, it should be a good gun. In the hand, it felt better than my LC9, the trigger was 10 times better also, it pretty much looks like a narrowed M&P9 with a 3" barrel and fs narrowed grip...

No, I'm not that good, I handled it,fondled it, (the new M&P9mm Shield) and also own an LC9.... then I took a picture of it in my palm, but really am afraid I might get someone in trouble, so I am holding back on the pic. But can assure you, without having shot it, but on the say so of a few that have shot it, it should be a good gun. In the hand, it felt better than my LC9, the trigger was 10 times better also, it pretty much looks like a narrowed M&P9 with a 3" barrel and fs narrowed grip...

I kind of figured this was the case. I am looking forward to seeing it, stop holding out, you can tell them I let you take the picture. [wink][smile]

There is a guy that goes by the name"Caleb" over on pistol-forum.com who was able to put around 500 rounds through it, and came away from it pretty impressed - accurate and reliable.

It sounds like S&W may have something really good here.

I re-tract my previous statement. Wish it was a 9mm bodyguard, I really like the design and feel of them. The m&p's are good shooters, but just don't appeal to me that much.

How does it compare to a Walther PPS?

Hmmmm, I really don't have any experience with that one. Although I have handled them a little before, I 'm not familiar enough to share. I think I'm gonna take a ride up to S&W today and check a few things out..

There is a pic leaked that is all over the interwebz of the new M&P "Shield" in the palm of someone's hand...

Would it be safe to say that the pic leaked yesterday (4/7) now found on numerous websites (but not on NES til now) is YOU?
[grin]

MP-9-Shield-courtesy-reddit_com_1.jpg

Last edited:
WTF is with the pos lever behind the slide lock... is that yet another unnecessary safety?

-Mike

S&W's Facebook page has been posting a puzzle piece each day at noon. The whole puzzle will be done on Wednesday or thursday.

They are only leaving it up for 20 minutes or so though.

WTF is with the pos lever behind the slide lock... is that yet another unnecessary safety?

-Mike

I dont see it as a bad thing.... While I think its stupid, and wont use it it would ( in theory ) allow a much better trigger in MA per the AG's regs. Maybe I wont have to spend another $100 to get a usable trigger

Ill add that if that really is what is going to be the big release inj a few days those that have S&W stock should be smiling

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom