The new NES stud club member badge - the blue envelope from state police!

Love Machine

NES Member

"FRAMINGHAM, Mass. (WPRI) — The Massachusetts State Police are kicking off an initiative that will help officers navigate traffic stops more effectively.

The voluntary Blue Envelope Program, announced by the Healey-Driscoll administration on Tuesday, provides people on the autism spectrum with blue envelopes to carry their identification forms. This allows officers to acknowledge their diagnosis and adapt their approach to the interaction."

NES stud club, assemble with your blue envelopes!

Won't need one. Excellent driver...
tom cruise cinema GIF

fill out the on-line form and see..... and let me know if it works
It's an automatic LTC revocation due to suitability.

I guess I'll have to hide the fact that I'm retarded from the police.

The new ID for NES StudClub members is to hang a used Trojan Magnum XL condom on your rear view mirror. Hopefully not upside down.

[NES StudClub - Charter Member]

I'm in NH, can I get one? I'm sure if ass burgers existed when I was young, I would have gotten this diagnosis.
If you're over 50 then it existed but you got effective treatment by eating a fist when you said/did Aspie shit.

Grab one of the autism tests and answer honestly - doesn't change anything but it's a datapoint

Wouldn’t a ‘Kill all pigs’ sticker that must be renewed annually be more precise and provide another revenue stream for the state?

P.S. All good LEOs on NES, past present and future, are NOT pigs.

If you're over 50 then it existed but you got effective treatment by eating a fist when you said/did Aspie shit.

Grab one of the autism tests and answer honestly - doesn't change anything but it's a datapoint
When I first took the spider chart quiz years ago and it came back
Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 160 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 39 of 200
You are very likely neurodiverse (Aspie)
I figured it was one of those where EVERYONE came back Aspie. So I sent it to some friends and colleagues.

Nope. Just me. They're neurotypical.

But it was when talking to a friend who was a special ed teacher - actually it was mo mhúinteoir (special ed was her day job) - and she smiled gently and said in her sweet Tipperary accent, "M'dear, I knew that about you from the moment I first met'ya!" that I realized it's probably for-real. And explains a LOT.

More talks with other pros and... yup.

since autism is a spectrum, wouldn't .00000000001 up from 0 qualify for the special treatment?

This is going to get abused so bad.
LOL I can think of a particular demographic who could benefit from some of the info on this card. (IYKWIM) [laugh]

For Drivers on the Autism Spectrum:​

1. Stay Calm: Try to remain as calm as possible. Deep breathing can help manage stress levels.
  2. Use Your Blue Envelope: When the officer gets to your car, say "I have a Blue Envelope". Keep your Blue Envelope in an easily accessible and visible place, like the sun visor. When the officer tells you, slowly get the Blue Envelope. If the officer is unaware of the purpose of the Blue Envelope, politely request that they scan the QR code to learn more.
  3. Follow Instructions: Listen to the officer’s instructions and try to follow them as best as you can. If you don’t understand something, it’s okay to ask for clarification.
  4. Waiting: When the officer needs to go back to their cruiser, you will need to wait in your car for the officer until they come back. You may need to wait up to 10-15 minutes. When the officer comes back, they will explain the end of the stop and will tell you when to leave.
  5. Safety First: Always keep your hands visible and avoid making sudden movements. Inform the officer if you need to reach into your pocket or glove compartment for anything.
  6. Hand Placement: Keep your hands on the steering wheel until otherwise directed, even if the officer is not at your car.
  7. Flashing Lights and Noise: Remember that the officer may shine a flashlight in your car, may have a radio, and may have flashing lights on their car.
  8. Calling Contact: In a situation where you feel overwhelmed or may not be able to communicate clearly, you can request the officer to contact your designated emergency contact.

For Law Enforcement Officers:​

1. Recognize the Blue Envelope: The Blue Envelope is a signal that the driver is on the autism spectrum. Note the communication tips provided on the envelope.
  2. Exercise Patience: Understand that the individual may need more time to process information and respond. Avoid rushing them.
  3. Clear Communication: Use simple, direct language and give one instruction at a time. Avoid idioms or phrases that might be misunderstood. Allow drivers extra time to respond as they may need more time to formulate their response. Clearly tell the driver when the stop is over and that they may leave.
  4. Be Observant: Pay attention to non-verbal cues that might indicate the driver is feeling overwhelmed or stressed. Drivers may exhibit signs of high anxiety, especially due to bright lights and noises like your radio. Individuals on the autism spectrum may display repetitive body movements or fidgeting and may have unusual eye contact. Additionally, note that they may exhibit unusual speech patterns, especially under stress.
  5. De-escalate When Necessary: If you notice signs of distress, consider ways to de-escalate the situation, such as reducing sensory inputs (e.g., turning off sirens, speaking calmly). If the driver becomes upset, ask and/or consider contacting the person listed on the contact card.

Back
Top Bottom