The new NES stud club member badge - the blue envelope from state police!

"FRAMINGHAM, Mass. (WPRI) — The Massachusetts State Police are kicking off an initiative that will help officers navigate traffic stops more effectively.

The voluntary Blue Envelope Program, announced by the Healey-Driscoll administration on Tuesday, provides people on the autism spectrum with blue envelopes to carry their identification forms. This allows officers to acknowledge their diagnosis and adapt their approach to the interaction."

NES stud club, assemble with your blue envelopes!
Ftg420, come and get it !

"FRAMINGHAM, Mass. (WPRI) — The Massachusetts State Police are kicking off an initiative that will help officers navigate traffic stops more effectively.

The voluntary Blue Envelope Program, announced by the Healey-Driscoll administration on Tuesday, provides people on the autism spectrum with blue envelopes to carry their identification forms. This allows officers to acknowledge their diagnosis and adapt their approach to the interaction."

NES stud club, assemble with your blue envelopes!
Shouldn't the Police approach all Americans Equally ?
Why do they choose to discriminate against an entire CLASS of people ?

since autism is a spectrum, wouldn't .00000000001 up from 0 qualify for the special treatment?

This is going to get abused so bad.

Coming soon……envelopes that say “no habla English” in 47 different languages to accommodate the new immigrants that have now been given drivers licenses. Just circle the appropriate language. This will ensure clear concise communication at all traffic stops.

Coming soon……envelopes that say “no habla English” in 47 different languages to accommodate the new immigrants that have now been given drivers licenses. Just circle the appropriate language. This will ensure clear concise communication at all traffic stops.
It wont be long before everyone has their own envelope except for you and me.

fill out the on-line form and see..... and let me know if it works

It's an automatic LTC revocation due to suitability.

I guess I'll have to hide the fact that I'm retarded from the police.

The new ID for NES StudClub members is to hang a used Trojan Magnum XL condom on your rear view mirror. Hopefully not upside down.

[NES StudClub - Charter Member]
Maybe for you Ma**h***s, but I escaped and was cured.

When I first took the spider chart quiz years ago and it came back

I figured it was one of those where EVERYONE came back Aspie. So I sent it to some friends and colleagues.

Nope. Just me. They're neurotypical.

But it was when talking to a friend who was a special ed teacher - actually it was mo mhúinteoir (special ed was her day job) - and she smiled gently and said in her sweet Tipperary accent, "M'dear, I knew that about you from the moment I first met'ya!" that I realized it's probably for-real. And explains a LOT.

More talks with other pros and... yup.
My score was worse
Took the test after a nephew was diagnosed and recognizing the mannerisms in myself.
I attribute a relatively rough childhood with zero "help" with my ability to fit in at all.

LOL I can think of a particular demographic who could benefit from some of the info on this card. (IYKWIM) [laugh]

For Drivers on the Autism Spectrum:​

1. Stay Calm: Try to remain as calm as possible. Deep breathing can help manage stress levels.
  2. Use Your Blue Envelope: When the officer gets to your car, say "I have a Blue Envelope". Keep your Blue Envelope in an easily accessible and visible place, like the sun visor. When the officer tells you, slowly get the Blue Envelope. If the officer is unaware of the purpose of the Blue Envelope, politely request that they scan the QR code to learn more.
  3. Follow Instructions: Listen to the officer’s instructions and try to follow them as best as you can. If you don’t understand something, it’s okay to ask for clarification.
  4. Waiting: When the officer needs to go back to their cruiser, you will need to wait in your car for the officer until they come back. You may need to wait up to 10-15 minutes. When the officer comes back, they will explain the end of the stop and will tell you when to leave.
  5. Safety First: Always keep your hands visible and avoid making sudden movements. Inform the officer if you need to reach into your pocket or glove compartment for anything.
  6. Hand Placement: Keep your hands on the steering wheel until otherwise directed, even if the officer is not at your car.
  7. Flashing Lights and Noise: Remember that the officer may shine a flashlight in your car, may have a radio, and may have flashing lights on their car.
  8. Calling Contact: In a situation where you feel overwhelmed or may not be able to communicate clearly, you can request the officer to contact your designated emergency contact.

For Law Enforcement Officers:​

1. Recognize the Blue Envelope: The Blue Envelope is a signal that the driver is on the autism spectrum. Note the communication tips provided on the envelope.
  2. Exercise Patience: Understand that the individual may need more time to process information and respond. Avoid rushing them.
  3. Clear Communication: Use simple, direct language and give one instruction at a time. Avoid idioms or phrases that might be misunderstood. Allow drivers extra time to respond as they may need more time to formulate their response. Clearly tell the driver when the stop is over and that they may leave.
  4. Be Observant: Pay attention to non-verbal cues that might indicate the driver is feeling overwhelmed or stressed. Drivers may exhibit signs of high anxiety, especially due to bright lights and noises like your radio. Individuals on the autism spectrum may display repetitive body movements or fidgeting and may have unusual eye contact. Additionally, note that they may exhibit unusual speech patterns, especially under stress.
  5. De-escalate When Necessary: If you notice signs of distress, consider ways to de-escalate the situation, such as reducing sensory inputs (e.g., turning off sirens, speaking calmly). If the driver becomes upset, ask and/or consider contacting the person listed on the contact card.
While the program is a great move most of the instruction on both sides is simple sensible methods of how to properly interact.
Unfortunately a large percentage of police need those instructions more than autistic drivers do

The other unfortunate thing is tweakers will use the program to try to explain being fried and ruin it for people who really need it.

Absolutely, but sometimes equal doesn't mean the same.
Change that to respect and compassion an you automatically get equal (and compassion often means an arrest before someone spirals lower into addiction)
Not certain how giving a cop information on how an autistic person will exhibit triggers taught in their training as part of their disability.

Doesn't look blue to me. Is there another one available if you are colorblind?

1713018427124.png

Last edited:
As for the lawsuit, I'll bet it was the kid the BPD shot a year or two ago that wouldn't put down the knife. I forget the name at the moment. (That is MY disability, I'm getting old and forgetful.)
Terence Coleman.
His mother just got a nice multi-million dollar settlement from the city of Boston.

How much special treatment will they get because of ''autism''? Because there is no official ''test'' for it.

Is it going to be illegal for me to use my own blue envelope to keep my documents in?
This will cause problems. Theyll "find a solution" for them. The solution will cause problems. Theyll "find a solution" for that too, which will cause problems...

Back
Top Bottom