• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Something New from Smith & Wesson

There's nothing in the lawbut if you read CMR940 you will note that it is very ambiguous. History has also shown that the AG's office has lots of "extra special hate" towards striker fired handguns.

Then answer this question- Why did S&W pull the M&P .45 with the external safety on it a few years ago? A few MA dealers were selling them then abruptly stopped- because S&W basically said "not AG reg compliant, do not sell this" and then a few months passed, and then the M&P .45's with the MA crap trigger came out in lieu of the ones with the external safety. I'm not sure what happened last time, whether it was the AG, or whether S&Ws lawyers balked, but either way, "someone" felt that the external safety on the gun was not enough. My guess is this has to do with the AG's built in prejudice against striker fired handguns.

Food for more thought: Why does S&W put a crap trigger on the M&Ps that have magazine safeties, for example?

BTW, "series of multiple motions" is not defined ANYWHERE under MGL or CMR940. It's a bullshit nostrum that only the AG's office knows the meaning of. Hell, by definition EVERY handgun could require a "series of multiple motions" to fire if you left it unloaded, and if that term was taken liberally, then every handgun could be made CMR940 compliant just by selling it unloaded. [laugh]

-Mike

Lots of good points, couldn't agree more. And I can't answer why the M&P45 was allowed then retracted other than intimidation by the AG's office.

Hey Mike I was wondering, do you know what year the whole CMR940 was made law? What makes them decide 10lbs is "safe" It frustrates me how ignorant politicians pass gun laws but are clueless about what they are passing into law.

Just got word from my local gun shop (Competition Shooting Supplies in Pawtucket) my Shield will be here in a few days. Going tomorrow to fill out my paperwork. [wink]

Feel like flying out here and doing a T&E session with the NES forums? lol

have you shot a fullsize xd45? how does it compare to that ?

Looking at it again, I recognize all the scenes where the lady is jogging as being parts of Springfield. I don't recognize anything from where the guy walks to go get a cup of coffee, though, so that could definitely be Boston.

The scenes with guy was definitely Boston.
Nope. The church is Grace Baptist of Springfield, right off Mattoon Street. I would assume the apartment is somewhere near Mattoon as well.

Feel like flying out here and doing a T&E session with the NES forums? lol

have you shot a fullsize xd45? how does it compare to that ?

I bought a full size XDm .40 when they first came out. Discovered I was not a fan of the XD type grips and sold it. Never bothered shooting any of their other guns until the XDs.

1. In my pocket is concealed.
2. While drawing from a pocket is slower than from a belt holster if you consider the full process, pocket carry lets you cheat by having your hand on the gun unobtrusively when you go to condition orange. So I suspect that drawing from a belt holster is not much quicker than drawing from a pocket when you start with your hand in the pocket on the gun.
3. My Kahr PM9 has exactly the same stopping power. It is a 9mm with only 1 round less mag capacity.
4. I find pocket carry quite comfortable when using a good pocket holster.

Clearly YMMV. I hope the gun does well, but I don't think it fills a niche for me.

+1... pm9 in my pocket every day. if i go iwb, its my full size glock. if i was going to buy a brand new iwb pistol it would be a walther p99c in .40cal. 9 is smallest cal i wanna carry and if i go waistband id rather have .40 and as many rounds as possible.

+1... pm9 in my pocket every day. if i go iwb, its my full size glock. if i was going to buy a brand new iwb pistol it would be a walther p99c in .40cal. 9 is smallest cal i wanna carry and if i go waistband id rather have .40 and as many rounds as possible.

ya, .... ya, that's the ticket..... makes no sense to me... but ya .... [rolleyes]

Guns barely been announced and people are ready to give their first born up for it. Give it a few months.

Back
Top Bottom