• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

One Gun a Month

The one gun a month would bite. Any large lump of free cash comes very infrequently to me say in the way of a christmas bonus (not had one for a while) or tax returns and I can get a much better deal on buying 3 at a time then 1 here or there. I have absolutly know idea how this would help anything or anyone. This state is so messed up with their thinking that all the rules that are dreamed up matter to anyone but the ones who try hard to follow them. For those who don't, what do any new restrictions matter? It's so sad that such a highly educated state is so stupid. On quite a number of fronts.

That's true, but it's a short-term solution. Lugnut is right, parents are not raising their children with the same sense of values as previous generations, and many are very poor role models. Even parents who want to teach values have a more difficult job than ever, as children now learn values from a wide variety of sources including television, the Internet and video games.

In the long term, the only solution to these problems is for parents to again teach values, and for schools to again emphasize values (not religion, values). You don't have to grow up with religion to know that it's wrong to shoot at a bus, but someone you trust and respect has to teach you that from a very early age.

Most if not all these people we are talking about are from Fatherless homes and these family values are not high on the teaching list.

It's probably right up there with the number of innocent people who used to be slaughtered by bayonets before the government saved us.[rolleyes]

[rofl] [crying] This can be hilarious and very sad at the same time huh? NS!! Honest to God I remember a conversation with my wife about this. I asked her how many people did she think were killed by bayonets and/or grenade launchers??? I think she got my point about that assault ban stupidity.

Finneran's a dolt.

He was telling a gun-grabber of a caller yesterday that the tow of them could drive down to Georgia and easily fill the trunk of their car with handguns and drive back to Boston to sell them to gangbangers.

Needless to say, he didn't elaborate on exactly how he would accomplish that.

The Felon was conspiring in public to break federal firearms laws?

Hey Finneran: Your gun rights are already supposed to be under Federal control. Leave the rest of ours alone.

Most if not all these people we are talking about are from Fatherless homes and these family values are not high on the teaching list.

I don't mean to insult or degrade people in these situations as it's a tough and ugly situation across the board.

However- doesn't it make you absolutely crazy when they interview a victim's loved ones and they insist these kids were outstanding citizens and just great all around people? Unless they were a mistaken itentity (which is really sad) I just can't believe what I'm hearing most of the time...

How about: "My cousin was into a lot of bad things and he got caught up in a gang... kinda sad but it was coming." Never hear that do we?

Is the issue gone? I can't find it. It was listed in the "Most Recent" this morning.

Ya I can't find it either.

I just think that it is such a shame how our "leaders" can lie and instill fear in the public yet do nothing that would make a difference. While they make these meaningless laws real people are being killed and innocent citizens are having there live turned upside down by crooks who have no reguard for their actions.

All I can say is if you have not already then you need to arm yourself.

I just can't wait until the day that I leave this state, Massachusetts is a lost cause.

1) I don't see the topic on the web site either.
2) Wasn't Finneran the one who ushered in Ch. 180?
3) I still can't figure out how one votes on that site, and if a vote to support is to support or oppose gun control.
4) Who controls the "tags" on the site? I clicked on the "gun" tag, and it didn't even bring up the gun control discussion. Also, that discussion should also have a "civil rights" tag with it.
5) As far as "free market" and hurting consumers, can't someone file a complaint with the Attorney General's office to stop that? (-:

Edited to add the (-:

Last edited:
The Gun Control thread is still there. It's still in the top 12 on the main page.
The 1 Gun a Month thread is MIA. They must be censoring. It had about 6 or 7 replies before they pulled it.

The Attorney General's office is one of the biggest culprits...who do you think is responsible for the majority of online ammo / hicap vendors not wanting to have any dealings with Massachusetts customers?

1) I don't see the topic on the web site either.
2) Wasn't Finneran the one who ushered in Ch. 180?
3) I still can't figure out how one votes on that site, and if a vote to support is to support or oppose gun control.
4) Who controls the "tags" on the site? I clicked on the "gun" tag, and it didn't even bring up the gun control discussion. Also, that discussion should also have a "civil rights" tag with it.
5) As far as "free market" and hurting consumers, can't someone file a complaint with the Attorney General's office to stop that?

1 - Apparently Patrick believes that the First AND Second Amendments are only for "leading" citizens.
2 - You are correct; Finneran was the miserable SOB who bent over the gunowners of MA back in 98.
4 - It's a private site, under the control of "Cadillac Deval".
5 - Martha Coakley??? Tom Reilly's handpicked successor??? [rofl] [laugh] [rofl2]

The Attorney General's office is one of the biggest culprits...who do you think is responsible for the majority of online ammo / hicap vendors not wanting to have any dealings with Massachusetts customers?

Some of it was the AG but a LOT of it is just paranoia and BS resulting from some of the AGs actions. A handful of vendors get nasty letters, and then the word gets around that MA sucks, and that causes a bunch of other vendors to create arbitrary rules regarding MA in order to ward off the AG.

-Mike

Finneran's a dolt.

Yeah I liked how he matter-of-factly mentioned that he didn't know much about guns as he isn't a gun owner. DUH YOU'RE A CONVICTED FELON!

Nobody called him (that I heard) on the fact that he can't even get an FID because of his criminal background.

I can see this causing MORE guns to be sold privately without an FA-10 form. Why register a gun if you might get flagged for buying two in 30 days?

Not that I'd encourage such a thing, I just can't imgaine it encouraging people to follow the FTF rules....

I'd definetly "Borrow" a gun (with cash collatoral of course) untill the next month, when then I'd decide to buy it. [smile]

What a PITA!!!

Grrrrr

-Weer'd Beard

Nobody called him (that I heard) on the fact that he can't even get an FID because of his criminal background.

Unless there was a change in that I didn't hear of, he can, after keeping his nose clean and behaving for IIRC 5 years, he can get an FID in this state. (Darius? Keith?) Course, he can't own guns, but he can get a license.

I can see this causing MORE guns to be sold privately without an FA-10 form. Why register a gun if you might get flagged for buying two in 30 days?

Not that I'd encourage such a thing, I just can't imgaine it encouraging people to follow the FTF rules....

I'd definetly "Borrow" a gun (with cash collatoral of course) untill the next month, when then I'd decide to buy it. [smile]

What a PITA!!!

Grrrrr

-Weer'd Beard

And you think that the FTF transfer ability would survive in the 1 gun a month provision? Give these guy's an inch and they will take your FTF [shocked]

Can you say ........... my non AG guns are now worthless in this state!

And you think that the FTF transfer ability would survive in the 1 gun a month provision? Give these guy's an inch and they will take your FTF [shocked]

Can you say ........... my non AG guns are now worthless in this state
!

They're not worthless... as long as you keep them. [grin]

I do agree that killing off FTF would be enough to break the final straw
though... that would suck.

-Mike

I have been watching the different news channels all morning (no work today) and all they and the morons they talk to keep saying is how great these new "anti-crime" ideas are.

We are screwed, and this is just one more step and when these ones don't work (which of course they will not) then there will be more to come.

Forget the guns and buy some vaseline, we are going to need it!

type in "gun" in the search window, 3 topics come up... the one for a total gun ban is angering.

Only police officers will be allowed to possess firearms of any kind.

Handguns, shotguns, rifles, assault weapons, pellet guns, etc. all will be banned completely.

Hunting, naturally, will have to cease (as will target practice, etc.). These are small prices to pay to end the senseless deaths of our young people of color.

Those small prices are our Constitutional rights, what an idiot.

As for the one gun topic, it shows up but there are no votes or whatever on it.

Back
Top Bottom