One Gun a Month

I just started a "whatever they call it" on Deval Patrick .com, the governor's BLOG, 1 Gun A Month : Crime Prevention : WRONG!

Can't wait to see the comments of others that disagree!!

DuVal Message-One Gun per Month

Okay...Let's make sure we tell all of the Non FID and LTC holding criminals that they can no longer buy more than one gun on the street!! Keep the law abiding citizens in control and let the criminal run rampant!!!

YUP The "Devil" is at his good work![crying]

Okay...Let's make sure we tell all of the Non FID and LTC holding criminals that they can no longer buy more than one gun on the street!! Keep the law abiding citizens in control and let the criminal run rampant!!!

YUP The "Devil" is at his good work![crying]

That should cover them all.

Welcome to the forum Greek. [smile]

I didn't know VA had a one gun a month limitl. In fact, I thought that was one of the complaints about VA that too many guns were sold. As to the other two states, I'll bet the violent crime rates in their cities are pretty high.

VA does have a limit but if you have a VA CCW you can bypass it and
buy as many as you want.

-Mike

Maybe it's One Gun a Month "per Dealer."

There's a lot of times that I buy two guns at a shot.

What sucks is for people that play the "three gun" games. Like me and Cowboy. It's going to take someone half the year to even get started in the game. Which sucks!

One Gun Per Month. Limits gun buyers to the purchase of just one firearm per month, a measure already working in California, Maryland and Virginia.

I'd like to know when one gun a month went into effect in those states. From 2004 - 2005, homicides and violent crime were up in all of these states (VC rate dropped in CA, but the actual #'s were higher).

I love the liberal Democrat approach to adding more laws to augment the laws that aren't already working. Since there are already Federal laws against straw purchases, how will this help stop the criminals from continuing to engage in criminal activity that makes them lots of money.

Oh wait, that's right, summer jobs sponsored by you, me, and the other tax payers! Let's see, I can $300 a week at my state job, or I can sell drugs and make $3000 a week. Hmmmmmm, stay a drug dealer and drive a Lexus, or go straight and drive a Hyundi (nothing against Hyundi's).

Last edited:
Well... I could probably manage to get one gun a month. I'm not sure that I would be able to store them all though. Under the proposed legislation are you able to sell the guns that you buy each month or does your collection have to increase by one gun each month?

I'm going to buy stock in Stack-On!

[laugh2]

Finneran was talking about the whole "deval package" today. Most every caller talked about the 1 gun a month, including me [wink] . I actually got through around 6:40 while driving to work.

Bob

I think some valid points were made, and he seemed to agree that it would do nothing to impact violent crime. For whatever that is worth.[frown]

Bob

Finneran's a dolt.

He was telling a gun-grabber of a caller yesterday that the tow of them could drive down to Georgia and easily fill the trunk of their car with handguns and drive back to Boston to sell them to gangbangers.

Needless to say, he didn't elaborate on exactly how he would accomplish that.

who is he kidding

The Honorable Governor has no clue. Did he check with the local thugs first.

The thugs still have their guns generally until they get caught in the act,
if they don't they don't offer them up....they don't turn them in at Menino"S
circus.... There a lots of ways to get an "illegal fun" if you have a pocket
full of cash you can get what you need.

Its just the way that society survives. They are not walking into $ seasons
and buying them.

They can't solve the crime so they continue to put more restrictions on us.

STUPID>>>>>>>>>>

JimB

Oh man.... this state is going down the shitter. Does anyone care to know what the REAL problem is? Because the pussy ass politicians don't want to address it. Here it is:

No values! Period. Fathers that aren't willing/nor care to be dads. Moms that don't have values and ability to manage things on thier own. People don't want to get invovled and work as a community or as families. Political and social changes that don't allow for proper discipline in schools, etc. It's never the PEOPLES' problem it's always the government's fault... or the rich people's fault. The list goes on. This stuff enrages me to no end!!!

Sure there are exceptions. I know, my mom raised us by herself... but it wasn't easy and we had a great extended family. However we had values and structure. There were consequences for my bad behavior. Religion, although we weren't devote church goers- was always part of our values and life. This is the answer my friends... all the gun control and after school programs won't do jack until these get squared up. Whether values come from your religion or not, society doesn't function well without them.

Last edited:
Really this sucks if this goes thru I once bought 2 guns on one of those tax free days we have in the summer. Its great to buy a gun and the state gets shit.

Values, these gang bangers open fire on a PUBLIC bus have no values at all. The only thing that has a chance of working here is much tougher judges to put these people away for a long time, and thats NOT happening.

What makes Patricks plan particulary bogus is that straw purchases of quantities of handguns in MA is a minor if not a non-existent problem.

The issue is Patricks way of repaying the Brady Campaign for their endorsement and furthering the Bradys agenda of a nationwide "one gun a month plan" (as if that ever has a realistic chance of happening).

However... just for the sake of argument, let's say straw purchases in MA were a problem. The "one gun a month" plan would still be unneccisary as there is already a system in place to keep track of and go after the offenders... it's called an FA-10 and the CHSB.

MA also has a law requiring gun owners to report stolen or missing firearms (a common tactic of the straw buyers/sellers is to report the guns as stolen whether or not there's any legal requiremnet to do so).

How many times can a trafficker report multiple firearms as being stolen before someone takes notice?

The "may issue"/discretionary licensing system would also deter the straw sales as once a CLEO got clued-in that questionable activities were taking place, that person could look forward to having their LTC suspended /revoked.

Patricks plan is bad enough... what makes it worse, is that unlike the other states mentiond, "one gun a month" only applies to handguns.
The proposed MA law doesn't make any distinction... it simply states "firearms".

Values, these gang bangers open fire on a PUBLIC bus have no values at all. The only thing that has a chance of working here is much tougher judges to put these people away for a long time, and thats NOT happening.

That's true, but it's a short-term solution. Lugnut is right, parents are not raising their children with the same sense of values as previous generations, and many are very poor role models. Even parents who want to teach values have a more difficult job than ever, as children now learn values from a wide variety of sources including television, the Internet and video games.

In the long term, the only solution to these problems is for parents to again teach values, and for schools to again emphasize values (not religion, values). You don't have to grow up with religion to know that it's wrong to shoot at a bus, but someone you trust and respect has to teach you that from a very early age.

However... just for the sake of argument, let's say straw purchases in MA were a problem. The "one gun a month" plan would still be unneccisary as there is already a system in place to keep track of and go after the offenders... it's called an FA-10 and the CHSB.

MA also has a law requiring gun owners to report stolen or missing firearms (a common tactic of the straw buyers/sellers is to report the guns as stolen whether or not there's any legal requiremnet to do so).

I'd like to see some stats convincing me that this is a problem of any significance in MA.
I've never seen any information correlating this.
But then again... be rational isn't what he's trying to do.

Oh man.... this state is going down the shitter. Does anyone care to know what the REAL problem is? Because the pussy ass politicians don't want to address it. Here it is:

No values! Period. Fathers that aren't willing/nor care to be dads. Moms that don't have values and ability to manage things on thier own. People don't want to get invovled and work as a community or as families. Political and social changes that don't allow for proper discipline in schools, etc. It's never the PEOPLES' problem it's always the government's fault... or the rich people's fault. The list goes on. This stuff enrages me to no end!!!

Sure there are exceptions. I know, my mom raised us by herself... but it wasn't easy and we had a great extended family. However we had values and structure. There were consequences for my bad behavior. Religion, although we weren't devote church goers- was always part of our values and life. This is the answer my friends... all the gun control and after school programs won't do jack until these get squared up. Whether values come from your religion or not, society doesn't function well without them.

+1000

I'd like to see some stats convincing me that this is a problem of any significance in MA.
I've never seen any information correlating this.
But then again... be rational isn't what he's trying to do.
Exactly. How many Massachusetts residents have been charged and convicted of illegally transferring a firearm? And of that number, how many were unlicensed?
Very simple questions that should be easily answered to justify this new legislation.

I just started a "whatever they call it" on Deval Patrick .com, the governor's BLOG, 1 Gun A Month : Crime Prevention : WRONG!

Can't wait to see the comments of others that disagree!!
Is the issue gone? I can't find it. It was listed in the "Most Recent" this morning.

Back
Top Bottom