• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

One Gun a Month

Ok... these are the three on Gun control (for our side, some a**h*** has one up for total gun control in MA)

h ttp://devalpatrick.com/issue.php?issue_id=7619227

h ttp://devalpatrick.com/issue.php?issue_id=7619235

h ttp://devalpatrick.com/issue.php?issue_id=7583294

C-per and I posted the top two and the other one is the older one.

Everyone should take a second and vote on each of them... maybe with enough votes... they may get the message that some people are willing to fight them on this crap.

OK ,no new glocks, kimbers, colts, hk, kahr,springfield armory, only one P series ruger not all sigs or berettas, and only one a month. This is as closer to a ban every year.

The fool (HJ from Somerville) who started the Total Gun Ban issue voted for ours too.

Thanks buddy!

Deval's proposal is being discussed on Blue Mass Group and I've been engaging some of the moonbats over the one gun a month idea.

It's like talking to a rock.

Oh man.... this state is going down the shitter. Does anyone care to know what the REAL problem is? Because the pussy ass politicians don't want to address it. Here it is:

No values! Period. Fathers that aren't willing/nor care to be dads. Moms that don't have values and ability to manage things on thier own. People don't want to get invovled and work as a community or as families. Political and social changes that don't allow for proper discipline in schools, etc. It's never the PEOPLES' problem it's always the government's fault... or the rich people's fault. The list goes on. This stuff enrages me to no end!!!

Sure there are exceptions. I know, my mom raised us by herself... but it wasn't easy and we had a great extended family. However we had values and structure. There were consequences for my bad behavior. Religion, although we weren't devote church goers- was always part of our values and life. This is the answer my friends... all the gun control and after school programs won't do jack until these get squared up. Whether values come from your religion or not, society doesn't function well without them.

Lugnut,
RIGHT ON THE MONEY! But it is only half of the equasion...
The second half of the remedy can be simply stated: PUNISHMENT DOESN'T FIT THE CRIME.
Consider this: In order to stem the flow of new, little criminals, all of what you have said needs to be in place, as a function of child rearing. In days gone by, it was in place to a much greater extent than today, and the volume of new felons was relatively low. There were consequences to abberant behavior. As the consequences diminished, the criminals increased. Now having said this, the second half of the remedy is revealed.
If in 1920, you wanted to rob a bank, cross state lines, when you were eventually caught, the legal system sent you to the big house for 20 years. Judges knew what to do, and the felon knew what the consequences were. There was no proviso for parole, or deal cutting with the prosecutor, as a general rule. Off to jail you went. See you in 1940. This sequence of events accomplished 2 things: 1. Felon was out of circulation for 2 decades. 2. The example this set, and the memory of it quite possibly deterred others from engaging in similar behavior.
Today, even second degree murderers in Massachusetts are eligible for parole in about 17 years. Even first degree murder, (natural life) can be commuted by the Governor to second degree, making the felon eligible for parole. While there are governors who will not commute the sentence, there are plenty who do, and have. Punishment in modern society doesn't fit the crime.
The companion aspect to the failure of the criminal justice system is the appointing of judges, as opposed to election of judges in this state. The position is for life, barring any malfiesence on the part of the justice. The judges are not subject to the will of the people, and as such, act without being answerable to the population.
Today, in this state, felons have no fear from the law, incarceration, or law enforcement. In fact, they believe that they have the upper hand.
Sadly, I am in agreement.
But what is even sadder, our government fears its citizens who may wrench the law enforcement aspect of the justice system from those who are charged to represent the commonwealth. They fear that it may get out of hand, and are unwilling and unable to enlist us in the fight. As such, the laws passed are meant to deal with us, not the criminal.
Ultimately, in my opinion, the fear that consumes them, and what they fear more than anything is that citizen justice may work better than what currently passes for "Law and Order".

Write Deval a letter, takes less than half an hour and costs you a stamp. Don't rely on someone else. You're the someone else. Mine's in the mail, please help by sending yours. Put your bitchin where it counts, on his desk.

Write Deval a letter, takes less than half an hour and costs you a stamp. Don't rely on someone else. You're the someone else. Mine's in the mail, please help by sending yours. Put your bitchin where it counts, on his desk.

You're right Chopper. I'm always bitchin about this BS, and never do anything about it. My letter will be in the mail by next week. Thanx for the push!

Bonz....

BINGO!!

Everyone one of us needs to do that. Let's flood the SOB!

I lived in Virginia when the "one gun a month" law was enacted. From all the press coverage, it was clear that the concern was straw purchases, with handguns going to New York in the drugs-guns-cash triangle. Virginia figured to make the dealers go further down I-95 to sell their drugs. Even after its enactment, I could walk into a gun shop and walk out with a firearm and ammunition (dependent on COUNTY law). I needed a police permit in Virginia Beach, but could go into most gun shops in Hampton and, after an instant background check, walk out with my handgun purchase. I thought Rhode Island sucked but you Ma**h***s have it really rough![smile]

Some good respones of those 192 comments.

I don't even want to fill out the registration to get on the site, nevermind more gun regulation.

[rofl] [crying] This can be hilarious and very sad at the same time huh? NS!! Honest to God I remember a conversation with my wife about this. I asked her how many people did she think were killed by bayonets and/or grenade launchers??? I think she got my point about that assault ban stupidity.

I actually "asked" that question of the Jt Comm on Public Safety at the anti-gun hearings one year. None of them were amused and I don't think I was able to "reach" any of them with the absurdity.

I actually "asked" that question of the Jt Comm on Public Safety at the anti-gun hearings one year. None of them were amused and I don't think I was able to "reach" any of them with the absurdity.

Yeah- that happens when you corner a rat. You left them in a no win situation with no way out.

Unfortunately some people can't "see" the truth and are blind to rational logic. I think most in MA are affected by this blindness.

Isn't that just dandy! The only reason I got interested in firearms was because of Mike Dukakis, our illustrious governor. When he had his standout infront of the state house, with assault weapons borrowed from Connecticut and claiming to have been pulled off Boston streets, I started buying anything that was "nasty". Now, the new governor wants me to buy a gun a month? It will be tough on my retirement, but I'll just have to swing it. Just for the "in your face" factor. Damn, this means another safe![crying]

Hell a few changes and one letter can go to multiple critters.

6 are going out today. 1 to Deval, one to Murray, and one to each of my state reps and senators.

Beats just sitting around the gunshop and gripeing! [smile]

Arrrr

-Weer'd Beard

Does anyone have an example of a letter they sent? I am not a bad speaker but I suck at writing letters...

I would be happy to mail stuff out to the Legicritters...

The fool (HJ from Somerville) who started the Total Gun Ban issue voted for ours too.

Thanks buddy!

That particular tool really has some serious issues...

"Our children are dying. We must act decisively before we lose more generations to this senseless violence. I believe a total gun-ban in Mass. is the answer. And more money for programs and violence-prevention training in Boston."

"Ban ALL guns, not just handguns. Our children are killing each other in the inner city. Please, people, where's the compassion?!"

"Given the tragically high rate of murders in Boston, I propose that our state legislature initiate a complete gun ban for Massachusetts.

Only police officers will be allowed to possess firearms of any kind.

Handguns, shotguns, rifles, assault weapons, pellet guns, etc. all will be banned completely.

Hunting, naturally, will have to cease (as will target practice, etc.). These are small prices to pay to end the senseless deaths of our young people of color."

"I support the strictest possible form of gun control: a complete ban of all guns. How else can we stop the senseless slaughter of innocents in our inner cities? Please call Deval and tell him to push a state-wide gun ban."

[rolleyes]

"I support the strictest possible form of gun control: a complete ban of all guns. How else can we stop the senseless slaughter of innocents in our inner cities? Please call Deval and tell him to push a state-wide gun ban."

One wonders if the BG's will also surrender their firearms as well. After all, their liberal buddy is asking them to.

[rolleyes]

Ignorance can be cured, stupidity can't.

I read that "gun ban" post as being tongue-in-cheek. Though, it's impossible to be sure, given the mindset of the Devallian Flock.

That was my first thought as well, but having read the posts of some of the more rabid anti-gun types on DU, it wouldn't surprise me in the least if HJ from Somerville is dead serious.

According to our GOAL rep at the BR&P meeting last night, apparently AG Martha Coakley was on WRKO Radio yesterday morning. Her response to the 1 gun a month bill was that it was "stupid" (so I was told)!

Sounds like there may be some hope for us yet!

According to our GOAL rep at the BR&P meeting last night, apparently AG Martha Coakley was on WRKO Radio yesterday morning. Her response to the 1 gun a month bill was that it was "stupid" (so I was told)!

Sounds like there may be some hope for us yet!

Well her interview was REALLY weak. She sounded aquard and unsure of herself the whole time, but when it came to the one-gun-a-month she didn't support it. But then again she really wasn't convincing of anything, so I'll belive whatever when I see it.

Arrrr

-Weer'd

Well, I just purchased my BAG gun, so it'll have to do as my April gun. I'll send my carbine order in on May 1.

Off to a good start on one gun a month. Wonder what I'll buy in June?

Back
Top Bottom