• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

My first firearm!!

Get some snap caps and practice loading and dry fire. The A-Zoom brand have a rubberized primer that is supposed to be better for the firing pin.

Amazon product ASIN B0002IKANWView: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B0002IKANW/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_api_i_3mUNFb2GFHXHV?psc=1

the plastic ones are better for simulating double feed malfunction drills (IMO)

Amazon product ASIN B01KNL9AX8View: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01KNL9AX8/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_api_i_DoUNFb85EQMW2

Practice daily, aiming at a light switch or put a 1” square piece of blue painters tape on the wall. Once you buy your carry holster, practice drawing from concealment and getting your sights on target (light switch or tape). Add in magazine changes and reloading with retention.

Find a decent weapon mounted light (WML) and get a compatible holster for that too. You’ll want to see if you like carrying the WML or maybe not. Either way, if you choose to store your gun loaded for home defense, you should have the WML mounted and it stored in a holster in your gun safe.

Buy a decent gun safe that is quick access (search for threads in NES about pistol safes).

Get some training. Find a competent instructor and get some pointers to correct bad habits from forming. Start to train on different weapon platforms so you can pick up any modern-day handgun and run it like a boss.

Buy some 5.11s, sh*t in multicam, assortment of morale patches, cool guy watch, EDC knife and go freakin’ nutz with the tacticool lifestyle. If you’re really committed, grow out your operator beard and get some ink to complete the look (just Google Corey and Erika — she was a smoke show, but Corey or James Yeager is what to aspire for here). Start to watch all the “Gun Guy” YouTube channels — you’ll have a lot of catching up to do, but am with your Glock in one hand will quickly become your daily routine. Hate on “Noodle Boy” and crap on others on NES who don’t share your POV and you’ll be well indoctrinated to the culture! LOL

Oh yeah, congrats on the new range toy!
Haha definitely some great advice. As far as being "tacticool" I do have a beard and some ink so I guess I'm already there? Lmao. But I guess I'm a rare case; I've been way into guns before I could ever own one and am far too familiar with the Cory and Erika, James Yeager, and dare I say even Yankee Marshal channels but I like to take it with a grain of salt, stay humble and weed out information by talking to people that have been involved with firearms far longer than I have. But I'll definitely look into some of the stuff you mentioned above. Thanks!

Always good to see another Brew and another Glock shooter. You’re going to love it. Are you in a state with mag restrictions or are you enjoying 17+1 in that beauty as Gaston intended it?

I’d sell you some FMJ if I was still in New England. Hope you can find a reasonable price.

Absolutely. Unfortunately i see this far to often with gun owners around my age in their early to mid 20s. I have actually stopped hanging with some of these guys due to negligence and the whole "bro its not loaded bro chill" attitude. Unacceptable. Furthermore if you have that attitude with guns i don't want to be around you anyways because who's to say you won't be negligent and reckless with other things? (Driving, alcohol etc.)

Wise beyond your years. Anyone who gets offended by the four universal rules of safety has the wrong priorities. And hasn’t yet lost any hearing from a ND. I’m lucky that’s my only firearm injury so far.

And hasn’t yet lost any hearing from a ND. I’m lucky that’s my only firearm injury so far.

Well... only significant injury. Everyone has had the hot piece of brass to the neck thing, or the slightly out of time revolver splatter. A few cases of slide bite. (POS Body Guard)
Shotgun and rifle shoulder, 44 magnum hand, etc. etc.
To date my worst was steel target ricochet. - "Hey Buddy, you might want to angle that steel a little more before someone gets dinged" " Oh, it's fine"
30 seconds later I turned on the cease fire light, walked out and kicked over his target, he was about to protest when I turned around and he could see the blood streaming from my cheek. LOL

Noice!
tenor.gif

Attachments

• 1604257410336.png
    1604257410336.png
    37.1 KB · Views: 2
Nice choice!
A Glock says a lot about a person.
Practical, not flashy and values reliability above all!
Congrats and it will serve any role you can throw at it!
Welcome to the World of self preservation! [cheers]

Always good to see another Brew and another Glock shooter. You’re going to love it. Are you in a state with mag restrictions or are you enjoying 17+1 in that beauty as Gaston intended it?

I’d sell you some FMJ if I was still in New England. Hope you can find a reasonable price.

Wise beyond your years. Anyone who gets offended by the four universal rules of safety has the wrong priorities. And hasn’t yet lost any hearing from a ND. I’m lucky that’s my only firearm injury so far.
Unfortunately I am restricted to post ban 10 rd magazines being in MA. Pre bans are another thing though. 9mm has skyrocketed here as I'm sure it has many other places. I appreciate the kind words!

Now look around on NES for. $.60 per round ammo. It seems like going price for range ammo. Gunbroker listing for $1 per round and it sells fast. Then add shipping. Crazy.
Find a nice member here to sell you some range ammo at reasonable price.
Welcome

I could part with a few hundred rounds at .45 cents for Mr New Gun owner (The TSUSA 9mm range ammo they had on Thursday night) I got three cases to turn around to friends & fam for what I paid for it.

Unfortunately I am restricted to post ban 10 rd magazines being in MA. Pre bans are another thing though. 9mm has skyrocketed here as I'm sure it has many other places. I appreciate the kind words!

Ten rounds (eleven, really) is not the worst thing in the world. Some of us predate Glocks, when the thinking was that six or seven rounds would be enough. It's not the amount you're carrying, but where you place them. So get those standard-cap mags, but ten rounds in the mag is not the worst thing in the world.

Meanwhile, you've got two established members here looking to sell you 9x19 at $.45-.50 a round. If you can scrape up 500 bucks, @Greg has a thousand rounds for you. I know it seems like a lot, but that's a great deal for a new shooter just three days before a near TEOTWAWKI event... It's not too late to do a deal.

Again, congrats. Hopefully, the first time you function-check it with live ammo won't be while some bloodthirsty Biden zombies are kicking your door down. [smile]

Congrats! And nice choice; love my 19x.

That you managed to get one here in MA tells me you're gonna do fine.

In case someone didn’t tell you; get a quality holster made specifically for your Glock.

Naaaah... a Serpa holster will be fine... 🤦🏻‍♂️

+1 for good Kydex. Bravo Comcealment makes nice stuff, but hate on Lefties. They only cater to profit margins. If you’re wrong-handed, you’re SOL but if you’re in the RIGHT their stuff is great (lifetime warranty if you F-it up too)

Congratulations on your first! Just be careful. They tend to multiply before your very eyes.;)[laugh]

Nice choice. Welcome to gun ownership. Say goodbye to your savings account

Back
Top Bottom