My first firearm!!

OP - if you really don't have any target ammo for your new Glock, and you are near the Bridgewaters or Bellingham, shoot me a PM. I will spot you 150 rounds so you can stretch it's legs a little. You can just give it back when things settle down in a few months. (hopefully)

OP - if you really don't have any target ammo for your new Glock, and you are near the Bridgewaters or Bellingham, shoot me a PM. I will spot you 150 rounds so you can stretch it's legs a little. You can just give it back when things settle down in a few months. (hopefully)
Good man
Op if near the cape ill do the same

I'm not a Glock fan because I don't care for the grip angle but I think the 19 was a good choice. It gives you nearly the capacity of the 17 in a smaller package. It can use 17 magazines for more capacity and can use a .22 conversion kit for cheaper practice.

Congrats.

After the first..... now comes the collecting and real spending, and multiple large gun safes to fill up !!!

You are a man of culture.

An epicurean.

All you need now are some pre ban Glock mags!

Congrats on the new pistol and more so, congrats on going green. I have been shooting for nigh on 50 years but never owned a 9mm until a year and a half ago when I bought a SIG and a CZ in quick succession. If things settle down in the next year or so, I may spring for a Glock.

Get some snap caps and practice loading and dry fire. The A-Zoom brand have a rubberized primer that is supposed to be better for the firing pin.

Amazon product ASIN B0002IKANWView: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B0002IKANW/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_api_i_3mUNFb2GFHXHV?psc=1

the plastic ones are better for simulating double feed malfunction drills (IMO)

Amazon product ASIN B01KNL9AX8View: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01KNL9AX8/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_api_i_DoUNFb85EQMW2

Practice daily, aiming at a light switch or put a 1” square piece of blue painters tape on the wall. Once you buy your carry holster, practice drawing from concealment and getting your sights on target (light switch or tape). Add in magazine changes and reloading with retention.

Find a decent weapon mounted light (WML) and get a compatible holster for that too. You’ll want to see if you like carrying the WML or maybe not. Either way, if you choose to store your gun loaded for home defense, you should have the WML mounted and it stored in a holster in your gun safe.

Buy a decent gun safe that is quick access (search for threads in NES about pistol safes).

Get some training. Find a competent instructor and get some pointers to correct bad habits from forming. Start to train on different weapon platforms so you can pick up any modern-day handgun and run it like a boss.

Buy some 5.11s, sh*t in multicam, assortment of morale patches, cool guy watch, EDC knife and go freakin’ nutz with the tacticool lifestyle. If you’re really committed, grow out your operator beard and get some ink to complete the look (just Google Corey and Erika — she was a smoke show, but Corey or James Yeager is what to aspire for here). Start to watch all the “Gun Guy” YouTube channels — you’ll have a lot of catching up to do, but 3am with your Glock in one hand will quickly become your daily routine. Hate on “Noodle Boy” and crap on others on NES who don’t share your POV and you’ll be well indoctrinated to the culture! LOL

Oh yeah, congrats on the new range toy!
training first! you won't have to unlearn bad habits.

Need a bullet, take a bullet. Have a bullet, leave a bullet. Brilliant!

Ten rounds (eleven, really) is not the worst thing in the world. Some of us predate Glocks, when the thinking was that six or seven rounds would be enough. It's not the amount you're carrying, but where you place them. So get those standard-cap mags, but ten rounds in the mag is not the worst thing in the world.

Meanwhile, you've got two established members here looking to sell you 9x19 at $.45-.50 a round. If you can scrape up 500 bucks, @Greg has a thousand rounds for you. I know it seems like a lot, but that's a great deal for a new shooter just three days before a near TEOTWAWKI event... It's not too late to do a deal.

If I was the OP I would take that deal in a heartbeat, .50 CPR is "street low" right now and a rarely seen price. Most place selling at that price aren't going to let you buy a whole
case, either.

You are a man of culture.
An epicurean.
All you need now are some pre ban Glock mags!
gunparlor had them, but, pretty pricey - $175 for a good square notch pre-ban, $140 for a U notch. may be they still have some, dunno. i am not a proponent to support their prices, but, if nothing else is available - what else to do. my gen5 G34 MOS is from them, and i do not regret overpaying quite a bit for it.

or from a gunbroker one can get pretty much anything, from a private seller - there are tons of 17rd KCI mags out there, but, it is not a wisest thing to do for an MA resident.

If I was the OP I would take that deal in a heartbeat, .50 CPR is "street low" right now and a rarely seen price. Most place selling at that price aren't going to let you buy a whole
case, either.
Unfortunately strapped for cash atm. As much of a deal it is I also gotta keep a roof over my head!

gunparlor had them, but, pretty pricey - $175 for a good square notch pre-ban, $140 for a U notch. may be they still have some, dunno. i am not a proponent to support their prices, but, if nothing else is available - what else to do. my gen5 G34 MOS is from them, and i do not regret overpaying quite a bit for it.

or from a gunbroker one can get pretty much anything, from a private seller - there are tons of 17rd KCI mags out there, but, it is not a wisest thing to do for an MA resident.
There are lots of sellers on NES, too.

See my signature lines and classified ads.

Finally got my first gun! Officially a proud owner of a 19x!

As an instructor, if you are new to shooting, for the love of God, please spend some money on an instructor BEFORE you teach yourself bad habits. Even if it's just one class, get the fundamentals correct.

I have bad habits, everyone here does something wrong at some point. But it's SOOOOOO much harder to unlearn bad habits than to just start out right. It's why women tend to be better students, not as much ego. Come to me with bad habits, and you better have a thick skin. :D

As an instructor, if you are new to shooting, for the love of God, please spend some money on an instructor BEFORE you teach yourself bad habits. Even if it's just one class, get the fundamentals correct.

I have bad habits, everyone here does something wrong at some point. But it's SOOOOOO much harder to unlearn bad habits than to just start out right. It's why women tend to be better students, not as much ego. Come to me with bad habits, and you better have a thick skin. :D
Dude... WTF are you talking about?! I am, and have always been, technically precise in my technique. Take a look!

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=paxk_LPmdMI

Dude... WTF are you talking about?! I am, and have always been, technically precise in my technique. Take a look!

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=paxk_LPmdMI

I've seen that video.

Putting a round down your leg is not what I consider 'good' training. I would say putting your finger on the trigger and pulling while the gun is pointing at your leg is poor mechanics.

I've seen that video.

Putting a round down your leg is not what I consider 'good' training. I would say putting your finger on the trigger and pulling while the gun is pointing at your leg is poor mechanics.
But what really makes him stupid is that he posted it to YT

Back
Top Bottom