• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

My first gunbroker purchase....HELP!

This.

I have passed on items because the seller had very few (maybe 10) reviews and only took money orders.

One time I scrolled down and saw the same pictures (not manufacturer marketing pics) under 3 different seller names. That was a huge red flag.

Money order is a huge red flag.

I just bought a dive computer from a guy on another forum. He's got 7 confirmed sales and excellent feedback from all of them, (yeah I read them carefully and checked back on the users). Paypalled him the cash, got a photo back of the package with my address on it and USPS tracking number.

He sold it to me despite what others would consider flags - I'm a newbie on that board, and I've got NO transaction history.

So, I'd be flexible on number of transactions - but not on money order.

The model 52 shipped. I have the tracking info says delivery to ffl should be today. Sorry about the play by play I'm just excited. Should be able to pick it up tomorrow afternoon.

Congrats! Nice pistol. I'm not surprised it runs better wet as it was built with tight tolerances.

@whacko

So has it arrived yet? Can we get some pics?
I'll send pics once I pick it up. The tracking went from Del Fri before 9pm to Monday before 9am.

Edit
Actually this is what it says now. I talked to my ffl buddy and he says he has to go get in Monday at the post office.

Latest Update​

Your item is being held at the LITTLETON, MA 01460 post office at 9:15 am on January 27, 2024. This is at the request of the customer.

GunBroker is great!
But give you a local dealer a chance to match the price. Let them make a few bucks instead of just a transfer fee I bet you will pay the same

GunBroker is great!
But give you a local dealer a chance to match the price. Let them make a few bucks instead of just a transfer fee I bet you will pay the same
I tried that once. They tried to sell a Stoeger STR-9 (glock clone) for over MSRP and then claimed mags were readily available (they were not, had not been for 5 months and continued to not be for another 9). They also had a used Canik TP9SFX for $50 over new MSRP. They also had signs next glocks that said "LEO Only". Fudd shop. Not all LGS are created equal.

GunBroker is great!
Dude.....I bought a model 52 target pistol......if I gave a local dealer a chance to match the price it would be 2 years before the f***ing dealer even found one. Ffs I've been looking for one of these for years in the shops.

Dude.....I bought a model 52 target pistol......if I gave a local dealer a chance to match the price it would be 2 years before the f***ing dealer even found one. Ffs I've been looking for one of these for years in the shops.
there are four listed at Rock Island Auction for Feb. I see them there all the time.

What is your point?

That is not a local dealer and auction could go full retard or have a great price. On top of that you have the costs that come with an auction.

The OP saw an opportunity went for it.
The point, I'll spell it out for you. He said it would take 2 years to find one, I was pointing out that they aren't that uncommon and can be found easily. Not huge numbers but pretty much always some there. If the dealer really wanted to, or even if anyone is looking.

The point, I'll spell it out for you. He said it would take 2 years to find one, I was pointing out that they aren't that uncommon and can be found easily. Not huge numbers but pretty much always some there. If the dealer really wanted to, or even if anyone is looking.
Yeah, but they would find it off of GB/Armslist the same as you. If you put in the legwork, why would you pay someone else 15% more to do the same thing you are doing, and hope they pick a gun to your liking (in terms of finish options, wear, accessories, price point). I'll do the legwork and give the FFL the $40 for the 15 minutes of their time, rather than the 15% standard markup on hunting for a gun for you online. On a $1143 gun - that is $171. I'm all for support non-fudd LGS, but at the same time, that's just lazy.

Yeah, but they would find it off of GB/Armslist the same as you. If you put in the legwork, why would you pay someone else 15% more to do the same thing you are doing, and hope they pick a gun to your liking (in terms of finish options, wear, accessories, price point). I'll do the legwork and give the FFL the $40 for the 15 minutes of their time, rather than the 15% standard markup on hunting for a gun for you online. On a $1143 gun - that is $171. I'm all for support non-fudd LGS, but at the same time, that's just lazy.
like I said "anyone"

Well the pistol looks great.....except I'm concerned about the barrel. Looks bulged.

When I put a cleaning rod thru it I felt it go in tight....ease up....thight....and ease up.

f*** me

20240131_153522.jpg

Back
Top Bottom