• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

To cynical of society?, Gunbroker transaction

I'm amazed that there are people out there that trust someone that they never have meet. I was trolling Gunbroker and found a pre ban AR-15 lower. I followed the auction to the end and it went for more that half of what one does on Gunbroker. I was happy to win it for the price it went for. It ended at noon on Saturday Feb 17th. The seller didn't have the amount for shipping so I emailed him a copy of my FFL and asked how much shipping would be so I could get a postal money order. He emailed me that evening and said that " don't worry about shipping I've got that covered. I can ship Wed Feb 21st. No mind you I haven't sent him any money yet. I told him that I can get a postal money order out on Tuesday Feb 20th because Monday was a holiday. He emails me back and says that If I don't want to bother with a money order than any check is fine including personal. I mailed him out a business check on Tuesday the 21st, I just sent it regular mail, it was going to FL from NH. I get an email the next day (Feb 21st) that he shipped the receiver and sent me the tracking number. No there is no way that he go my check the next day ( I believe he got it on Feb 23rd or 24th). I was trying to figure out all last week if this was some type of scam or something because it was really cheap and he shipped it without getting paid first. I got the receiver in today and it's just like in the pictures, so It wasn't a scam. It just amazes me that he shipped it out before he got my check and that he would take a check without holding it to make sure it clears. This guy also sold a pre ban IMI Galil for like $3400, I hope he doesn't get screwed by someone.

It wasn't GB, but a guy on another forum had a revolver for sale--pristine condition. I sent him a MO. When he shipped it, he sent me an email saying it was his mistake; the gun had been used more than he had thought. So he included a second one, consecutively numbered to the first one. Except for weak hand springs they were both in fine shape. A $20 fix.

I sure enjoy dealing with great people.

That’s not the end I was expecting, I had that happen once in the past with a high end fishing reel, seller insisted on shipping before I mailed him a check, I was traveling for work. I got home and the reel was there, as expected, I couldn’t believe how trusting this person was to send something without payment

stories like this make me smile.

It is my experience that there are way more good people in this world than bad, I have multiple different hobbies and deal with lots of shipping and receiving, I too have gone with my gut and trusted people and the same has been reciprocated back to me. Maybe I'm lucky, but I haven't got ripped off in my 35+ years of dealing with people.

I'm amazed that there are people out there that trust someone that they never have meet. I was trolling Gunbroker and found a pre ban AR-15 lower. I followed the auction to the end and it went for more that half of what one does on Gunbroker. I was happy to win it for the price it went for. It ended at noon on Saturday Feb 17th. The seller didn't have the amount for shipping so I emailed him a copy of my FFL and asked how much shipping would be so I could get a postal money order. He emailed me that evening and said that " don't worry about shipping I've got that covered. I can ship Wed Feb 21st. No mind you I haven't sent him any money yet. I told him that I can get a postal money order out on Tuesday Feb 20th because Monday was a holiday. He emails me back and says that If I don't want to bother with a money order than any check is fine including personal. I mailed him out a business check on Tuesday the 21st, I just sent it regular mail, it was going to FL from NH. I get an email the next day (Feb 21st) that he shipped the receiver and sent me the tracking number. No there is no way that he go my check the next day ( I believe he got it on Feb 23rd or 24th). I was trying to figure out all last week if this was some type of scam or something because it was really cheap and he shipped it without getting paid first. I got the receiver in today and it's just like in the pictures, so It wasn't a scam. It just amazes me that he shipped it out before he got my check and that he would take a check without holding it to make sure it clears. This guy also sold a pre ban IMI Galil for like $3400, I hope he doesn't get screwed by someone.
One thing you're seeming to forget is that you have an FFL. A normal person will not think that a licensed dealer is going to try to rip them off... it's not like you can fake that very easily when he can just put your digits in Easy check. (Most fraud schemes involve fake names etc)

On another forum I'm a member of (Highpower Rifle) I've done the same thing: sent an item before receiving payment. AND, I've had someone do the same when I was the buyer.
We're a small community and your good name is still a thing to be respected.

On another forum I'm a member of (Highpower Rifle) I've done the same thing: sent an item before receiving payment. AND, I've had someone do the same when I was the buyer.
We're a small community and your good name is still a thing to be respected.
I'm not sure what it's like now but most amateur radio guys are like this as well if we're talking to people who are current in the call books. I've had people send me stuff long before they got payment and vice versa granted not like you know $5,000 radios or something but you know hundreds of dollars.... not 1 problem.

I'm not sure what it's like now but most amateur radio guys are like this as well if we're talking to people who are current in the call books. I've had people send me stuff long before they got payment and vice versa granted not like you know $5,000 radios or something but you know hundreds of dollars.... not 1 problem.
Yeah, cuz they are old White guys.

See the pattern here?

Years ago I was selling Jordan sneakers. Nothing but scammers.

This can easily extend into other aspects of life. After dealing with the dregs of the aviation universe, it's so welcoming and refreshing to work with professionals.

i've only bought one thing from gb, a rear sight for a t/c 14" contender barrel. transaction was smooth as silk except for one thing...the seller kept forgetting to pop it in the mail to me. brighter side, it looked as new and was half the price of any other used take off out there (which i was willing to pay) when i finally got it. but, my life that was lost waiting for the bastard to post it was priceless and non-refundable.. like everyone who's used gb, proceed at your own risk. it's exactly like gambling, only spend what you can afford to loose.

Yeah, cuz they are old White guys.

See the pattern here?

Years ago I was selling Jordan sneakers. Nothing but scammers.
Every once in a while you come out with some real gems, this one’s a classic. lmao Jesus.

Sold many guns over the years. Sold them to white dudes, black dudes, asian dudes. All were honorable men. Except one. White dude saw my kippah and cancelled the personal check before I could cash it. When I called to find out what happened, I got this speech about Jews controlling the word, all Jews are super rich because they swindle white men.

Back
Top Bottom