Want to know who has a monopoly of force in America?

Uzi2

NES Member
Take the number of miles between the longest point between the Atlantic and Pacific oceans. (2892 miles)

Multiply that number times 5280 feet = 15,269,760 feet.

Take that number and divide it by 3 (the average length of a rifle/carbine). = 5,089,920...........the number of three foot increments between the Atlantic and Pacific oceans.

There are over 20 million (20,000,000) rifles owned by the public in the U.S.

That means, you could lay privately owned rifles from end to end FOUR TIMES across the continent.

This doesn't include pistols, shotguns, artillery, zipguns, home made guns, etc.

Now, tell me again WHO has a monopoly on force in this country?

Having the means doesn't equal having the fortitude.
True, but that fortitude can and will be obtained, along with a whole bunch of malice when push comes to shove.

When people have nothing left to lose, the rule of law and those who try to enforce the rule of law will be extinguished.

True, but that fortitude can and will be obtained, along with a whole bunch of malice when push comes to shove.

When people have nothing left to lose, the rule of law and those who try to enforce the rule of law will be extinguished.

Well herein lies the problem, people arent uncomfortable enough to go full retard. Nothing will happen as long as the TV stations are still on and you can still go down the street and buy beer and weed or whatever. Covid shows that people will put up with a lot of absolutely heinous shit and basically do nothing. The fact that various "public health" officials
weren't just simply killed by randos is evidence of that. Then again a lot of those "officials" hid behind the "the CDC told us to do it" excuse, etc.

We're unlikely to use force against the government as long as water and food distribution stays on track. Bottom line. And the disruption would need to be widespread and open-ended.

I believe just about anything short of that would not give sufficient justification for most of us to use force to overthrow the government. Some? Sure. Most? Nope.

Take the number of miles between the longest point between the Atlantic and Pacific oceans. (2892 miles)

Take that number and divide it by 3 (the average length of a rifle/carbine). = 5,089,920...........the number of three foot increments between the Atlantic and Pacific oceans.

That means, you could lay privately owned rifles from end to end FOUR TIMES across the continent.

This doesn't include pistols, shotguns, artillery, zipguns, home made guns, etc.

I think you greatly over estimate the amount of firepower the civilian population controls.
Of the 20 million rifles owned by civilians, I'd bet 25% are .22, 10% are not functional or properly sighted in, 10% have not been fired in more than 10 years. I would be surprised if 20 million rifles were in the hands of more than 5 million people.
And few of those rifles are where they would really count.
Sure, in the south, rural midwest and western states there are plenty of rifles, but not in New York, Boston, Chicago, LA and San Fransisco.

People think there will be an uprising when folks are pushed to the point they feel they have no choice. Truth is, there will be nothing unless the EBT system crashes.
And then you will need your rifle yo fight hordes off welfare recipients.

People think there will be an uprising when folks are pushed to the point they feel they have no choice. Truth is, there will be nothing unless the EBT system crashes.

Yup.

I think a likely scenario is turmoil in the cities, with armed people protecting the 'burbs FROM THE CITY-DWELLERS... but only until the .Gov can step back in and make everything okay again.

People are conditioned to believe that troubles will be temporary; the idea of permanent change is troubling, and by this time the government has had awhile to condition the people that they have the answers. Look at all the police support there is among conservatives, for example.

I think you greatly over estimate the amount of firepower the civilian population controls.
Of the 20 million rifles owned by civilians, I'd bet 25% are .22, 10% are not functional or properly sighted in, 10% have not been fired in more than 10 years. I would be surprised if 20 million rifles were in the hands of more than 5 million people.
Sure, in the south, rural midwest and western states there are plenty of rifles, but not in New York, Boston, Chicago, LA and San Fransisco.

There's a lot more than 20 million rifles owned by the U.S. public. There are 20 million plus AR style rifles and closer to 100 million counting every rifle.

Yup.

I think a likely scenario is turmoil in the cities, with armed people protecting the 'burbs FROM THE CITY-DWELLERS... but only until the .Gov can step back in and make everything okay again.

People are conditioned to believe that troubles will be temporary; the idea of permanent change is troubling, and by this time the government has had awhile to condition the people that they have the answers. Look at all the police support there is among conservatives, for example.

People would be starving in the streets after a couple weeks.

Not just welfare recipients, 99% of people are a grocery store trip away from running out of food.

Explain briefly how you or they think that might work out.
You dont think if we get into a civil war other countries wont start getting involved?
Mexico would sure like the sothwest back.
China has their little fingers everywhere. Europe would like to meddle in the east coast.
If not militarily, they would sure like to finance the next group of traitors or people on either side who could have influence when the dust settles.
Look at all the guys we've put in power after internal conflicts? How did thst guy in Ukraine get in? Many countries would love to see a split up US and will do their part to ensure that happens and stays that way.

Movie Popcorn GIF

Unfortunately never underestimate the laziness of a typical American. Most will never leave the easy chair, tv, gaming console, and AC/heat to take up arms. At best I’d bet 10% if that would action up. The rest would just Say someone else will do it as they order another Big Mac.

You dont think if we get into a civil war other countries wont start getting involved?
Mexico would sure like the sothwest back.
China has their little fingers everywhere. Europe would like to meddle in the east coast.
If not militarily, they would sure like to finance the next group of traitors or people on either side who could have influence when the dust settles.
Look at all the guys we've put in power after internal conflicts? How did thst guy in Ukraine get in? Many countries would love to see a split up US and will do their part to ensure that happens and stays that way.
You need to evaluate and answer some of those questions for yourself.

No, I don't think any other country would dare get involved, because they would become the primary targets at first disclosure of their involvement.

European countries can't even cope with their own internal strife, let alone get involved in dynamic activities across the Atlantic.

Ukraine is busy fighting their own war with Russia.

As for the U.S. splitting up, if things continue as they are, there is no other option. There will be those who will seek to live free and those who kiss government's ass to get their next meal.

Unfortunately never underestimate the laziness of a typical American. Most will never leave the easy chair, tv, gaming console, and AC/heat to take up arms. At best I’d bet 10% if that would action up. The rest would just Say someone else will do it as they order another Big Mac.
True, but what happens when the TV goes off the air, the electricity is off, their heat/AC doesn't work and when that laziness won't provide their next BigMac......then what?

Think a little further down the road.......where the real landmines are.

The Free Staters in NH believed that 25,000 voters could significantly influence politics.

But you don’t have to look very hard here to see many, many Massachusetts gun owners don’t think over 400,000 voters can do anything.

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can’t - you’re right.”
Henry Ford

The Free Staters in NH believed that 25,000 voters could significantly influence politics.

But you don’t have to look very hard here to see many, many Massachusetts gun owners don’t think over 400,000 voters can do anything.

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can’t - you’re right.”
Henry Ford
25,000 organized liberty activists

400,000 people of various political ideologies that happen to (be licensed to) own a gun.

I can’t believe this attempted analogy is still a thing.

25,000 organized liberty activists

400,000 people of various political ideologies that happen to (be licensed to) own a gun.

I can’t believe this attempted analogy is still a thing.
I can't believe that there is NOT 250,000 conservative licensed gun owners in MA. the problem is, they refuse to organize and take the steps needed to influence things. They're too worried about "suitability" issues. :rolleyes:

The responses on this board alone is more than enough evidence to show that they enjoy the boot on their neck.

I can't believe that there is NOT 250,000 conservative licensed gun owners in MA. the problem is, they refuse to organize and take the steps needed to influence things. They're too worried about "suitability" issues. :rolleyes:

The responses on this board alone is more than enough evidence to show that they enjoy the boot on their neck.
Cool. Now do Kentucky and COVID lockdowns.

Cool. Now do Kentucky and COVID lockdowns.
What?

Nobody obeyed covid "lockdowns" around here. No restaurants were closed, church parking lots were full on Sundays, few if any wore masks when out and about other than the democrat transplants. Most people were ready to hang Beshear for his dictates.

What exactly is your point?

What?

Nobody obeyed covid "lockdowns" around here. No restaurants were closed, church parking lots were full on Sundays, few if any wore masks when out and about other than the democrat transplants. Most people were ready to hang Beshear for his dictates.

What exactly is your point?
They were so ready to hang your Democratic governor that they re-elected him?

They were so ready to hang your Democratic governor that they re-elected him?
You think that election was legit? He's just as illegitimate as the buffoon in the White House.

Thankfully, we have a super majority republican legislature here that can override at will any veto Beshear hands out.

Right now the government is the only group using force, so to say the nation's gunowners have a monopoly of force isn't accurate. The gun owners have potential, but so far have shown no signs of being willing to exercise it. Until they do the government is the group with the monopoly.

Back
Top Bottom