• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Show me your latest purchase

Just picked this up today from B&K in Natick. Remington Model 11. 12 gauge, full choke, 30" barrel. Serial number indicates it was made circa 1917. Buttstock is a little loose but that could be a loose screw but push comes to shove I can shim it or glass bed it. I was in the market for a Browning A-5 but all the gunbroker fudds are outta their damn mind with the prices. Remember: "patina" is just a fancy word for rust.

1000007631.jpg

Just picked this up today from B&K in Natick. Remington Model 11. 12 gauge, full choke, 30" barrel. Serial number indicates it was made circa 1917. Buttstock is a little loose but that could be a loose screw but push comes to shove I can shim it or glass bed it. I was in the market for a Browning A-5 but all the gunbroker fudds are outta their damn mind with the prices. Remember: "patina" is just a fancy word for rust.

View attachment 866529

View attachment 866529
The Remy 11 and old a5 browning are excellent hunting shotguns. I have a couple old models one magnum that's a total beater but still shoots just fine and a 1969 made that's the deluxe model with vent rib that seems a little taller than the one on your model 11. When I bought it years ago it came with the full choke barrel. I later purchased a vent rib IC barrel and a slug barrel with iron sights. Probably paid too much for the 2 extra barrels lol but it's a hell if a nice hunting set.

I have one of those. My father in law brought it home after WWII. He gave me that and a few other guns. He had an MP40 but bent the barrel and threw it in the river. Too bad.

View attachment 866529
D5160E08-24B3-4055-B79B-CF202B73AE1B.jpeg While not anew purchase here’s my sweet 16 model 11 sportsman
Was my grandfathers, full Choke it’s ack ack to a pheasant

secret smell GIF

Sorry! can't show you. My wife randomly checking this forum;)🤣

It's my first semi-auto shotgun. I have a Winchester 1200 24" barrel with a poly choke (Sear's Ted Williams Model 200 AC) that I use for Turkey but for wing and clay shooting it's less than ideal.
It gets a little heavy trucking it though the fields on along day or trying to keep up with a quick dog but they shoot like butter

My turkey gun is a Remington 1100 with a custom 18.5” barrel and extended turkey choke.

Well, I haven't purchased mine. Have you purchased yours?, Khan?
Opera Snapshot_2024-03-28_162030_chpic.su.png

It gets a little heavy trucking it though the fields on along day or trying to keep up with a quick dog but they shoot like butter

My turkey gun is a Remington 1100 with a custom 18.5” barrel and extended turkey choke.
18.5? What range do you usually take your shots?

Back
Top Bottom