• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Help me decide

Which one

• Wilson

Votes: 13 34.2%
  • Nighthawk

Votes: 14 36.8%
  • Staccato

Votes: 14 36.8%
  • Alchemy

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Cabot

Votes: 3 7.9%

• Total voters
Looking to get a higher end 2011

Was a fan of my prodigy the other day

Here are the choices

Staccato P

Wilson edx c9l

Cabot insurrectionist

Nighthawk trs

Alchemy quantico

Leaning either cabot or nh

But i keep looking at cabot/alchemy and it doesnt seem like i get to customize as much as i would with night haw
Whatcha got

I’d look in to a staccato xc. You spend $700 on a steel grip plus some change for coating the grip. Install a flat face trigger (I like the infinity trigger for the textured trigger shoe) for $70-100. It’s pretty awesome and still way below budget.

Or you can buy one from one of the many custom builders. My buddy is a dealer for Mclearn customs. It’s on the more affordable side of custom 2011’s ($5k for base model). It’s like a better version of Atlas for $1k less.

Here are the choices

Staccato P

Wilson edx c9l

Cabot insurrectionist

Nighthawk trs

Alchemy quantico

But i keep looking at cabot/alchemy and it doesnt seem like i get to customize as much as i would with night haw
Whatcha got
You missed Infinity - www.sviguns.com

They are down to approx a 4 month delivery ... if you can get an order in when the release guns. Sellout time ranges from 7 seconds to 20 seconds, though a single stack model did take a bit over 30 seconds. The next drop is April 29th at 10AM NES time, and photos/details will be up a couple of weeks befoe then. They are generally regarded as the pointy part of the 2011 style period (I think 2011 is a Staccato trademark), and the price reflects that. A nice 9MM with optic and DLC coating runs around $8300.

Last edited:
You missed Infinity - www.sviguns.com

They are down to approx a 4 month delivery ... if you can get an order in when the release guns. Sellout time ranges from 7 seconds to 20 seconds, though a single stack model did take a bit over 30 seconds.
I was gonna suggest infinity but they stopped taking orders a while ago. You’d need a python script and a fast internet to get their drops. Although infinity’s are probably above budget.

That website is retarded and makes my brain hurt

Note that most of these are not in stock and will require a wait time. But the wait time will be less than ordering direct from the manufacturer.

Note that most of these are not in stock and will require a wait time. But the wait time will be less than ordering direct from the manufacturer.
I wanted less options you sick bastard

Some of those koverts are sexy lol

Honestly of the above mentioned brands all are good in my book. If he is not going to compete- they are all quality brands and models and he cant go wrong with any of them.

My 2 cents
A

Here are the choices

Staccato P

Wilson edx c9l

Cabot insurrectionist

Nighthawk trs

Alchemy quantico

Whatcha got

If I was going to get a 2011 right now that was not custom. It would be a Brazos Semi-Custom Guns | Brazos Custom Gunworks | United States
Bob makes guns for shooters

Vudoo makes an interesting gun for the price too

If I was going to get a 2011 right now that was not custom. It would be a Brazos Semi-Custom Guns | Brazos Custom Gunworks | United States
Bob makes guns for shooters

Vudoo makes an interesting gun for the price too
Those vudus are sick

1000004761.jpg
1000004762.jpg

This is the 1911 I built last summer. Caspian frame with Remsport slide. All other parts and controls are Wilson combat save for the Novak sights. Pretty impressed with the quality of the parts except for the bluing on the grip safety which wore off pretty quick without heavy use. Payed around $1800 for all the parts. One thing I will say is 1911s can be a little quirky - even the high end factory made ones.

@AmeriKHAN ...... blend that frame and slide and then give it a nice bath in hot salt. It'll last forever.

As for double stack 1911s .... its Atlas , Nighthawk or BEC for me.

Wilson and it's not even close. Staccato is for John Wick wannabes. Nighthawk you lop your wiener off to afford one. Wilson combines precision manufacturing with aesthetics and is a venerated name in the industry. Can't go wrong with Wilson. They also make badass Berettas so you know their quality extends across platforms just an added bonus.

View attachment 866428
View attachment 866429

This is the 1911 I built last summer. Caspian frame with Remsport slide. All other parts and controls are Wilson combat save for the Novak sights. Pretty impressed with the quality of the parts except for the bluing on the grip safety which wore off pretty quick without heavy use. Payed around $1800 for all the parts. One thing I will say is 1911s can be a little quirky - even the high end factory made ones.
Looks great, but the slide needs some blending.

@AmeriKHAN ...... blend that frame and slide and then give it a nice bath in hot salt. It'll last forever.

BEC attention to detail is awesome. I don't see the value in Atlas anymore and their "Perfect Zero" propaganda is sad

Last edited:

I got em pretty close save for the little overhang on the back of the slide. I'm not that skilled with a file for that kind of work. Also, I ruined the first slide installing the front sight 😓. Pic rel with the ATF shot 😀
1000004318.jpg
1000004354.jpg
1000004763.jpg

Build your own with Brazos prefitted slide, frame, and barrel. This way you can customize everything. If you get a bald slide, you can get the slide cuts and optics plate of your choice. Unfortunately they’re 3 months out.

Honestly of the above mentioned brands all are good in my book. If he is not going to compete- they are all quality brands and models and he cant go wrong with any of them.

My 2 cents
A
I looked at the cabots but i read they aren't hand fitted they just have crazy tolerances not sure how true that is
Wilson and it's not even close. Staccato is for John Wick wannabes. Nighthawk you lop your wiener off to afford one. Wilson combines precision manufacturing with aesthetics and is a venerated name in the industry. Can't go wrong with Wilson. They also make badass Berettas so you know their quality extends across platforms just an added bonus.
by far the sexiest gun on the list to me is the edcx9... the problem i have is Wilson's are everywhere... i can literally get a wilson at academy sports.

And that doesnt feel very custom to me.

At this price point I'll say it's all nitpicky

I love the look of the alchemy's but i dont feel like i get the same customization options i do with some of the others.

All i really want is a half rail flat trigger blacked out gun with an optic plate

I'd give Don a call and go with Venom

Back
Top Bottom