• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Moving to Maine, What would be your first firearm purchase and why please?

Collins is a Republican ?
You know what's funny? Sarah Gideum, who is the Dem running against Collins, is airing an ad that says Susie is in the pocket of Trump because she votes with the Republicans 67% of the time. What a joke. Sarah could be counted on to vote with the Liberal Democrats 100% of the time.

If you haven't already noticed, any mention of Maine on NES gets an instant "New Hampshire is better!" reaction. You learn to live with it.
I bought a place in southern maine pushing 20 years my family had houses on ossipie they followed shortly selling there places and enjoying lower taxes and less snowmobiling rules and less other recreational rules. I used to ride in nh still as I'm on the border but have no interest now. Thinking of making southern Maine permanent residence just got back from rangeley looking at vacation property's. Good luck and enjoy

Actually the more important thing is you go to a store that sells suppressors and get the paperwork started and buy as many as you can afford.... everything else honestly you already should have had before moving, as there is almost nothing you couldn't have already bought/built in mass. I realize that the deli ticket emporium has lots of propaganda about how you can't buy this or that but there were always many more places to go to...
THIS!!!

Back to the original question: the first thing I think you should do is join Gun Owners of Maine (GOME). They are a very active state group that fights every anti-gun law up in Augusta, fills the hearing rooms, testifies, etc.. Best grass-roots group in the country.
Need to work on that name, tho.

I bought a place in southern maine pushing 20 years my family had houses on ossipie they followed shortly selling there places and enjoying lower taxes and less snowmobiling rules and less other recreational rules. I used to ride in nh still as I'm on the border but have no interest now. Thinking of making southern Maine permanent residence just got back from rangeley looking at vacation property's. Good luck and enjoy
Snowmobiling in NH with their freedom loving 45 MPH speed limit is a f***ing joke. My 85 Yamaha Phazer at least went over 60.

Hey everyone, Well im making the big move up north to Maine and Im set on purchasing an nice AR15 rifle with some goodies on it. This got me thinking, what else should i look out for up there that i couldn't buy in Mass?

Some kind of 9mm pistol with a brace and suppressor.

Probably this:
072E220F-27AD-4CFD-9F46-9F2E5A1B3479.jpeg

Last edited:
Buy what you will most likely be able to afford to shoot ammo wise long term.

A suppressor or three would probably top my initial list, one in .22 cal for use on a pistol or rifle, one in .45 cal that could also be used for 9mm and one in .30 cal that could also be used on an AR in 5.56 or 300 blackout.
You may not get optimum performance but they'll be better than not having one at all.

Good luck on your move, I hope you like bugs, long winters and snow.

Because it is Massachusetts north. politically not an improvement.
Maine is about to lose their republican senator Susan Collins.

It *was* Massachusetts until 1817. MA has mostly taken Cumberland Cty back. People are coming here for work and green space and brining their shit politics with them.

Vehicle inspections, excise tax, income tax, other fun and games.

There's still a Maine. But ensure you are in the right spot.

I bought Pmags at Cabela's the day I got my driver's license switched over. It was the same parking lot!

Haven't made a weapon purchase since here, but have managed to cut out debt to under a third of what it was originally.

Hey everyone, Well im making the big move up north to Maine and Im set on purchasing an nice AR15 rifle with some goodies on it. This got me thinking, what else should i look out for up there that i couldn't buy in Mass?
Glock 26. We keep one in my family's home in Alabama. Good gun. Very accurate. We have the Gen4 model which is now discontinued.

I'm not PatMcD but I can tell you this. I run about 200 miles into Maine on a 270 mile one way trip. No matter what exit I take off 95 starting at 133 up to 150 and following the back roads for up to 1.5 more hours north there are many hundreds of Trump/Pence signs, flags and bumper stickers. I am 110% positive I could count Biden signs on one hand during that run. It will be interesting to see if more Biden signs pop up.

As for Collins she shot herself in the foot but in today's BDN wrote today not to count her out yet. I didn't read the article.
The problem is with the ranked and rating system. Worked for the dems last time. Might be enough to put Gideon up front, although it looks like she has a lot of baggage as well.

If moving to Maine, I would suggest a nice handgun with a light trigger pull so you can off yourself with confidence.

Back
Top Bottom