Moving to Maine, What would be your first firearm purchase and why please?

build an ar15 sbr in 300 blk and screw a supressor upfront

one can dream, right? :)

Why the hell would you SBR if you're in a free state? Throw a pistol buffer tube and brace on and it's a one stamp gun instead of two. .gov doesn't need an extra $200 from you.

Buy a Taurus 1911, so the reliability of your gun can match the reliability of the "republican" leadership of your new state.

Personally, i would probably not make any purchases right away, as i would have been previously accustomed to only having a limited selection of firearms in MA. I would spend many days drooling over my newfound ability of selection like Homer Simpson drools over a donut.

I would personally purchase a suppressor for my rifle. After that, i would buy the pinkyist/purpliest rifle or handgun that my wife would desire (I would even pay for a cerakote unicorn jumping over a rainbow on it if she fancies it). She originally wanted to get her LTC, but i apparently scared her when i went over what "suitability" means in our "wonderful" state of MA.

If i lived in a free state, my wallet would be perpetually empty. For the first time i think, living in MA is a weird blessing. I mean, you can't purchase most free state items you desire without paying $500-1.5k over the average asking price from other states, and it at least keeps me from making lots of impulse purchases.

Eh, we are doing OK for now.

Gun Owners of Maine - Bill Tracking

ME is not perfect by far, but as far as firearms laws are concerned its a bit ahead of Mass.

We also have a right to bear arms spelled out in the state constitution as well.

Personally, I would re-evaluate moving to ME. You have a moonbat Governor and legislature who is actively undoing all the good things LaPage did.

my first big purchase after moving to maine was a can and a host with a threaded bbl.
i do sometimes worry about the recent political direction of the state but after doing some reading it seems that maine likes its political pendulums. maybe @PatMcD can confirm/deny that....
i am glad i escaped mass but the town i escaped to may as well be in mass with all the other ma**h***s who brought their liberal wants and wishes with them.
at the end of the day i still feel like my vote actually counts here and walking into ktp with no restrictions on what i can buy is a good feeling.
I'm not PatMcD but I can tell you this. I run about 200 miles into Maine on a 270 mile one way trip. No matter what exit I take off 95 starting at 133 up to 150 and following the back roads for up to 1.5 more hours north there are many hundreds of Trump/Pence signs, flags and bumper stickers. I am 110% positive I could count Biden signs on one hand during that run. It will be interesting to see if more Biden signs pop up.

As for Collins she shot herself in the foot but in today's BDN wrote today not to count her out yet. I didn't read the article.

Spoken like someone who doesn't live here.
If you’re away from the coast maybe it’s different....
I live in Maine P/T (2days a week In York. Not because I want to). I see no difference in the current democratic admin as I see in MA. I see the same lawn signs (BLM/ no one is illegal/science is real, hate has no home here, etc).
Not looking to dis anyone or get into an arguement. My family (mother’s side came from Maine: mars hill, Monticello and Harvey siding). Used to love visiting for the summerl
What are the advantages then? Please tell me what I’m missing Or where I should be looking.

I'd have a 300 SBR but. . . . at least I HAVE 7.62x39 ammo. LOL. And I think I've got at least a case that was bought at $80 15-20 years ago.

I live in Maine P/T (2days a week In York. Not because I want to). I see no difference in the current democratic admin as I see in MA. I see the same lawn signs (BLM/ no one is illegal/science is real, hate has no home here, etc).
Not looking to dis anyone or get into an arguement. My family (mother’s side came from Maine: mars hill, Monticello and Harvey siding). Used to love visiting for the summerl
What are the advantages then? Please tell me what I’m missing Or where I should be looking.
I personally don't think York is really in Maine. I swear its not.

Yes, York, Cumberland County along the coast are pretty liberal. Not everybody, of course, but it's pretty solid Blue.
I'm not saying Maine is better than anywhere else, either. I was just making the comment that for some reason, whenever Maine is brought up as a place to move to, the "New Hampshire is better" crowd chimes in. Of course, they all live in New Hampshire. You'd never hear a Mainer dis New Hampshire as consistently as they do. Maybe it's just a different culture, I don't know. I have nothing against NH; I have family and good friends there. It seems like the best part of it is their tax policy, if money is your primary motivation.

Back to the original question: the first thing I think you should do is join Gun Owners of Maine (GOME). They are a very active state group that fights every anti-gun law up in Augusta, fills the hearing rooms, testifies, etc.. Best grass-roots group in the country.

This. I joined when I first got up here.

I also still donate to Comm2A, they do good work in Mass and as an out of state LTC holder, I still have some skin in the game.

Back to the original question: the first thing I think you should do is join Gun Owners of Maine (GOME). They are a very active state group that fights every anti-gun law up in Augusta, fills the hearing rooms, testifies, etc.. Best grass-roots group in the country.

Poor timing. You won't be able to buy much of anything for a while. But I would say AK47 and standard magazines for you current guns.

Sportsman Alliance of Maine (SAM) helps as well but GOME is a backbone IMHO. I have Challenge Coin #192

Nothing against the OP but these type of threads make me laugh, in most cases the OP’ers are so psyched about freedom they really just want to let everyone know about it. The “What to buy” is just a cover lol. I mean they have to already know what they want to buy. Either way enjoy Maine bud 🍻

Back
Top Bottom