• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

If Obama is Elected, What are YOU buying?

I'm just wondering whats going to happen December 21, 2012. By then we'd have either a re-election, new President or something "may" happen. Dawn of a new day or lights out. I've never known a Mayan priest to be wrong. And they're all hoarding gold.[party]

Besides, if I ever had to shoot someone at a distance greater than 400 yards, I'd probably need a scope just to see them and I've got hear perfect vision.[thinking]

you should be able to see a person at 500m and hit them with iron sights with a full sized rifle like the m16 for instance.

It doesn't matter. If I ever have to use my rifles against another human being, my first choice sure as hell won't be a Mosin, Enfield, or even Garand for that matter.

ok... and i didnt mention a mosin, enfield or a garand. i mentioned a AR15, and the fact that you should be able to see a person at 500m with iron sights.
i dont understand what "doesnt matter", you seemed to have quoted me and then replied to a different post all together.

ok... and i didnt mention a mosin, enfield or a garand. i mentioned a AR15, and the fact that you should be able to see a person at 500m with iron sights.
i dont understand what "doesnt matter", you seemed to have quoted me and then replied to a different post all together.

Since this thread has splintered into different threads all on its own, I quoted you to continue with the subject of using a rifle at distances of 400 yards.

I was originally chiming in on Ross' mention of someone using an Enfield, Mosin, or M1 more effectively against someone with an SKS when I said I'd probably need a scope to see a target clearly at distances of 400 yards.

What doesn't matter is whether I could see a man sized target at 500m or not. Its the fact that if I had to use a rifle against someone in an urban enviorment, I'm not going to use a Mosin, Enfield, or M1.

What would you use then, if I may ask? M1A? Something else?

Although I'll be more alarmed when Obama wins than when McCain wins, I'm not going to do anything different than I'm already doing now. I'm a relative newbie to guns, never having grown up with them... so I'm adding to my collection and trying to practice with them as fast as I reasonably can. (I'm 3 cosmoline-soaked guns behind so I really have to catch up.) For me, practice is most important since all the guns in the world do little good if I don't know what to do with them. And practice requires lots of ammo, so I'd buy even more ammo if I thought it was soon going to be restricted.

Something bad that restricts all our guns rights could happen tomorrow, or after Obama is elected, or even after he leaves office. I have no way of knowing, but its best to assume severe gun restrictions could go into effect with little notice given the right circumstances to convince the sheeple that it is necessary.

All that said: lots more ammo, an M1A would be nice, and another AR. Oh, and maybe a whole crate of those Mosin-Nagants all for myself.

I was originally chiming in on Ross' mention of someone using an Enfield, Mosin, or M1 more effectively against someone with an SKS when I said I'd probably need a scope to see a target clearly at distances of 400 yards.

after your done replying to my post, feel free to requote ross and reply to his. it makes it very clear what topic and person you are replying to.

In urban enviorments... AK types all the way.

the M4/M16 weapons system would be a lot better in my eyes.
id take the better range, better accuracy, more room and better options for mission specific add-ons and lighter over all setup (battle load to support the rifle included).

the AK is better in situations were your going to be constantly dirty, wet, shooting at people from 200 meters (or less) or have a massive lack of logistic support.

In urban enviorments... AK types all the way.

Oh, I was thinking further out, not urban. Even though, I have trouble picturing myself in a situation where I would need to shoot targets out 400-500 yards or more. If I look out my upstairs window, the farthest point I can see on the ground is only about 500 feet away. Its not as if I have any hill overlooking a desert landscape around here.

Oh, I was thinking further out, not urban. Even though, I have trouble picturing myself in a situation where I would need to shoot targets out 400-500 yards or more. If I look out my upstairs window, the farthest point I can see on the ground is only about 500 feet away. Its not as if I have any hill overlooking a desert landscape around here.

We would all do well to recall the lessons of Liberia, as we choose our close combat arms and armaments.

Ninth1.jpg

Last edited:
I asked a question like this at another gun forum a few months ago the replies were crazy. I was called everything from a nut case to being paranoid.

No, you are being realistic. Even if the Mass. Katrina Bill passes, all you have to do is look at the chiefs who already circumvent our current gun laws. They don't give a crap about the laws. The second and fourth amendments don't exist in their fifedoms.

First +1 to you Bolton guy for a well thought out post.

This thread is now long enough that I've moved past rhetoric and on to talking about AR15 striped lowers. I was checking out the DPMS lowers at 4-Seasons the other day. I also added Blue to "Friends of Holly" (top line right). 4-Seasons has them for $129- I think. Stag's can be had from several places for $125. I think that there would also be a bit of a run on them. I don't remember the 94 ban. Perhaps someone with a direct recollection of how that happened could expand on the subject and discuss lead time, parts availability and such.

Naturally, there would be a real run on all pre-ban mags. Imagine having to share the market for pre-bans with all of the other previously "ban-free" states all of a sudden.

My two Welsh Springers, Tess and Dillan, are on page two...

Bought a Arsenal AK in the spring, with all evil features [smile]

Worse comes to worse, I don't think I'll have to give it back (here in NH).

I'm not going to buy a thing.

Instead I will make a concerted effort to attend every Appleseed shoot I can and teach the history of the (first) American Revolution while instructing as many people as I can to become proficient riflemen.

Hopefully if we can bring enough people to their senses, there will not be a need for a second.

I'll probably buy an AR15. He can't ban what I already have.

I don't get it.

Go get a copy of Boston's Gun Bible:
http://www.amazon.com/Bostons-Gun-Bible-Boston-Party/dp/1888766069

If you fear that the government is going to start confiscating firearms you prepare said firearms as if they were going to get stored away for a long time (grease it up with Cosmoline like the arsenals' do to avoid rust) then put said firearm into a 6" length of PVC pipe - and seal up both ends of the pipe by gluing on end caps. Before sealing it up fill the pipe with Silica gel bags or similar. Now go find a suitable place for burial - and make absolutely sure you have the GPS coordinates so you can retrieve it later when the reset button is pressed.

Seriously though - you really should get a copy of Boston's Gun Bible - it is good reading if nothing else.

We would all do well to recall the lessons of Liberia, as we choose our close combat arms and armaments.

Ninth1.jpg

lessons learned
#1. wear a life jacket. you never know when youll drown while in the middle of the street. also, it makes you a even easier target to see. -- youd be surprised how many boating accidents occur in the middle on monrovia.

#2. dont bother aiming your rifle. holding it sideways, while shuffling across the street is a sure way to miss every single shot fired, while hitting innocent bystanders and further damaging the surrounding infrastructure

I realize that this is an impossible question to answer, but in all of your humble opinions how many rounds of ammo for your primary shit hits the fan rifle should you store?

I realize that this is an impossible question to answer, but in all of your humble opinions how many rounds of ammo for your primary shit hits the fan rifle should you store?

about 1,000 for each caliber... thats what im going off of.

As much as you can afford and store. After all, once shit does hit the fan, don't count on an importer to ship a case of ammo to your local gun shop for many (if any) years to come and thats even if there is still a local gun shop to go to.

Remember, you're not just getting lots of ammo because you actually expect to use all of that against bad guys. Personally, I don't believe I would be able to fire off thousands upon thousands of well aimed shots at bad guys and still be lucky enough to live another day. It is mainly because you'll still want to be able to practice after ammo is severely restricted, expensive or impossible to get. They'll ban more and more guns before they are actually able to ban people going to ranges and practicing. So, it is quite likely we could find ourselves in a situation where most guns are banned (but existing guns grandfathered in) and ammo nearly impossible to get, but you can still go down to your club and practice... assuming you have any ammo left!

a sure way to miss every single shot fired, while hitting innocent bystanders and further damaging the surrounding infrastructure

Somehow I don't think that guy cares too much about damaging more infrastructure, assuming where he lives actually has any infrastructure left that's worth damaging.

[rofl]

Seriously, though... would a life jacket like that be of any use at stopping anything? Maybe a .22? Certainly not AK fire though, should any of the shots from the other guys somehow manage to get lucky and find their target despite all the non-aiming going on.

Somehow I don't think that guy cares too much about damaging more infrastructure, assuming where he lives actually has any infrastructure left that's worth damaging.

[rofl]

Seriously, though... would a life jacket like that be of any use at stopping anything? Maybe a .22? Certainly not AK fire though, should any of the shots from the other guys somehow manage to get lucky and find their target despite all the non-aiming going on.

naw, the life jacket wouldnt stop anything.
the liberians like to get into "war dress" when they fight, this includes, but not limited to; wearing womans clothes, wigs, fighting naked with thier bodies painted, and such accesories like the life jacket. they are under the assumption that these uniforms and appearances strike fear into the their enimies.

Rebel_fighter_03b_th.jpg
Rebel_fighter_02th.jpg
Rebel_fighter_th.jpg

theres thousands of photos from this war that show what happens when untrained armies fight each other.

Last edited:
So what you're saying is that it's the RIFLE that matters, not the skill, training, and self-discipline of the shooter.

IS THAT WHAT YOU'RE SAYING, MR. APPLESEED? IS IT? HUH?!!!
Well, at least SOMEONE was paying attention. [smile] Correct - if the bullet can reach them, you can hit them.

What doesn't matter is whether I could see a man sized target at 500m or not. Its the fact that if I had to use a rifle against someone in an urban enviorment, I'm not going to use a Mosin, Enfield, or M1.
Actually, you can see a mansized target at 500 yards - heck, even I can! I'm just not sure where, in an urban environment, you're going to be able to take a 500 yard shot! Shooting down Boylston St? Across the Common? That's a long way for a city environment.
I'm not going to buy a thing.

Instead I will make a concerted effort to attend every Appleseed shoot I can and teach the history of the (first) American Revolution while instructing as many people as I can to become proficient riflemen.

Hopefully if we can bring enough people to their senses, there will not be a need for a second.
Two more Riflemen here in New England as of this weekend... including our own Uncle Ogre!

lessons learned
#1. wear a life jacket. you never know when youll drown while in the middle of the street. also, it makes you a even easier target to see. -- youd be surprised how many boating accidents occur in the middle on monrovia.

#2. dont bother aiming your rifle. holding it sideways, while shuffling across the street is a sure way to miss every single shot fired, while hitting innocent bystanders and further damaging the surrounding infrastructure

#3 - a fierce look will help speed your bullets to the target.

i already bought a yugo ak and a crate of chinese ammo and extra mags. gunna stock up a few more thousands rounds of ammo and maybe one more ak.

Back
Top Bottom