If Obama is Elected, What are YOU buying?

Stuff n' Junk. Mostly stuff though as I have junk already. And a few of those, but not too much of these. [wink]

I already have a lot of this, so that won't be a problem. I'm a plumber so PVC is not a problem.[smile]

I'll probably buy an AR15. He can't ban what I already have.

I don't get it.

Don't bet that they can't retroactively ban something. It's ALREADY been done.

Good that you don't get it. Some of us do get it. Me? I'm just surprised he mentioned it.

Nope, I wouldn't bury any firearms, no sir.

ALL of the ones I own I bought from FFL's, so they are able to be tracked by the 4473's and dealer records.

They'll know I have them, so why bury them?

Nope, I wouldn't bury any firearms, no sir.

ALL of the ones I own I bought from FFL's, so they are able to be tracked by the 4473's and dealer records.

They'll know I have them, so why bury them?

So that when you get out of jail for not turning in your guns, you can dig them up and join Wolverines, of course. [laugh]

change of mind

If Ohnobama gets in,I think I will stock up on brass,powder and primers before they are made illegal.

It's been a few days since my last thought of stocking up on brass,powder and primers.I think I have changed my mind on what I will buy.I think I will buy enough liquor to stay in a stupor for the next 4 years.Hey,it works for Ted Kennedy.[smile]

So that when you get out of jail for not turning in your guns, you can dig them up and join Wolverines, of course. [laugh]

Oh no, I'll be a good little subject, um slave and turn them all in. Believe me, I'll do it.

Yeah, I know, BUSTED.

Of course I've got stuff with no track record. Some of it is pretty good stuff, too.

And, if I were to bury anything, I damned sure wouldn't bury it on my own property, or easy to find either.

Some of you folks do need to read more. MUCH more.

Yeah, those conspiracy novels are kind of hokey, but they point out POSSIBLE situations.

You did know that EVERY TIME we've gotten some crappy gun law crammed down our throats (on a NATIONAL level), it's ALWAYS fiollowed an incident.

Crimminy, I though the Klintons were staging incidents just to get laws passed.

And, for you short sighted folks that can't see the wosdom of owning a full power Battle Rifle (or even an AR) for "Anti-Terrorist" purposes, you really need to get out of the Metro Boston area more.

I've got places on my commute (not Interstate, 2 lane rural roads) whereI can easily see well over 1000 yards.

Yeah, Dwarven1 has been up here a fair amount (he has family up my way) and THAT is why he prefers an M1 Garand (even an AR is a good choice). Won't work so well at 1000, due to shooter limitations (for the most part), but they will work out to and beyond 500.

The AK for short work is great. AR's are fairly good at that too. A GOOD AK (something with a decent barrel, not worn out surplus) will work out to 400 yards, as will an SKS, but you're pushing the limits of them.

An in-ground gas tank for my Ram Hemi, more ammo before he can get things changed, and a long-term contract with a psychologist to help subdue my anger over such an idiotic choice. [rofl]

Yeah, better buy it before he gets into office and gets his buddies in Congress to raise your taxes, 'cause you sure won't be able to afford it afterwards... while you're paying for everyone else's health insurance. [puke2]

I think guns might get pretty expensive if someone like Deval Patrick got appointed to the Supreme Court, or as Attorney General.... where's that puke icon?

I dont know what you guys are talkling about.
I dont own any weapons that havent been bought in a gun shop and cannot be traced, only have about 20 rounds for each of them and would never bury/cache anything in order to hide it from the powers that be.

Ill be a good little sheep... Baaa Baaa, and I know/constantly remind myself that anything put on the internet lasts forever and that we are not the only people who read these forums.

Last edited:
If Obama wins, what are you buying.......

PVC pipe, end caps, PVC glue, cosmoline, post hole diggers, and a GPS with encryption.

PVC pipe, end caps, PVC glue, cosmoline, post hole diggers, and a GPS with encryption.

Careful about relying on GPS for something like this... I enjoy wandering around in the woods with a GPS receiver, but I wouldn't want thousands of dollars worth of guns that can only be located if the GPS satellite network remains "on". There's a kill switch that they can use at any time to prevent "terrorists" from using it (or whatever reason they may have). Come up with another system for finding anything you might need to bury, even if it includes taking a digital photo of the area (better encrypt that).

My guns will remain in my house. I don't trust PVC pipes to keep things dry. I used to do some geocaching, and the people who left geocaches in the woods made of PVC pipes were always completely full of water (as in, I have to pour the water out of the cache to get to the ruined contents). Perhaps there's a good way to prevent that, but I wouldn't risk it except maybe on a junker just to see what happens. Ammo cans always did the best at keeping contents dry, but they'd only hold a handgun, not a rifle.

I'm gettin' a wicked case of deja vu on this. Didn't I say something earlier on this subject? Or was it just a dream?

Time for a new thread ... a Just-In-Case thread. A They've-Just-Nationalized-The-Banks thread. A Time-To-Resist-By-All-Means-Necessary thread.

And do it openly.

What if? What if Obama wins and takes a Marxist path? Or what if McCain wins and the inevitable tide of history sweeps capitalism off the deck of this International-Banker piloted ship in this current financial storm?

That bug-out camp 130 miles away won't mean squat. Will you run from the Kazakh SSR to the Kirghiz SSR?

It will be time to secede. But where, and how?

"Any single man must judge for himself whether circumstances warrant obedience or resistance to the commands of the civil magistrate; we are all qualified, entitled, and morally obliged to evaluate the conduct of our rulers. This political judgment, moreover, is not simply or primarily a right, but like self-preservation, a duty to God. As such it is a judgment that men cannot part with according to the God of Nature. It is the first and foremost of our inalienable rights without which we can preserve no other."
John Locke

I'm gettin' a wicked case of deja vu on this. Didn't I say something earlier on this subject? Or was it just a dream?

Time for a new thread ... a Just-In-Case thread. A They've-Just-Nationalized-The-Banks thread. A Time-To-Resist-By-All-Means-Necessary thread.

And do it openly.

What if? What if Obama wins and takes a Marxist path? Or what if McCain wins and the inevitable tide of history sweeps capitalism off the deck of this International-Banker piloted ship in this current financial storm?

That bug-out camp 130 miles away won't mean squat. Will you run from the Kazakh SSR to the Kirghiz SSR?

It will be time to secede. But where, and how?

"Any single man must judge for himself whether circumstances warrant obedience or resistance to the commands of the civil magistrate; we are all qualified, entitled, and morally obliged to evaluate the conduct of our rulers. This political judgment, moreover, is not simply or primarily a right, but like self-preservation, a duty to God. As such it is a judgment that men cannot part with according to the God of Nature. It is the first and foremost of our inalienable rights without which we can preserve no other."
John Locke

Gringo. This is interesting. Break this off and start a thread so it doesn't become massive thread drift and we can start easily.

Don't overlook some very good knives, even if just for trading; afterall in the UK knives are close behind firearms.

If Obama gets in, I am seriously going to look at land in Scotland whether my wife will go or not.

If I am going to live in a gun control country, I am going to enjoy the scenery.

+1 I agree.... gun control is a bit more lenient in the Highlands. Some people can actually get rifles! Of course you may have to have big £.

Pre-ban butter knives? [rofl]

lol! hmmm... I wouldn't mind a value increase in my pre-ban Kershaw....
If Obama wins and follows democrate style, I have a fealing a lot of things in our collections will get the label "pre-ban"....

As for what I'll be buying if Obama gets in, I'll probably get a couple .45 pistols (brand doesn't matter in this example) and ammo. I forsee a caliper limit in hand guns if Obama wins....
I'd also get some more high-capacity rifles (or clips, more specificly). I see them going next.....
And some razor wire... and riot control gear.....

Back
Top Bottom