• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

If Trump were to be elected, what actions could he take to support the Second Amendment (2A)?

Not fck it up like he did last time with bump stocks

Let congress know that he won't sign anything that doesn't include killing the Hughes amendment and removing ALL aid to states that restrict the 2nd further than federal statute.
Then actually let it burn until congress complies.

What Trump could, and what Trump would are completely different things. Executive branch execute laws, and a President can choose to execute Bruen aggressively, he can nominate 2A-friendly ATF director, and he can reduce ATF’s power, and he can also do the same within DOJ and FBI. He can also nominate pro-2A judges and justices to benches.

But, I’m not holding my breath, Trump isn’t pro-2A, the best I hope for is for him to go vindictive and scorched-earth on the left.

I think he would do things differently this time, he will have better advisors, Jr, and a few other well known gunners have met with him, or sat him down and had a talk with him, which ever way you prefer it. He has seen for himself that his support and base are predominately gun owners. Basically, his eyes have been opened and he's not going to let the same kind of people around him that he did the first time.

Last edited:
Here's how much Trump will do for a second term presidency for 2A rights.......ready????.........NOTHING

In fact I think it's fair to say that if there were a mass shooting during his tenure as president he would sign an AWB into law and Dianne Feinstein would lift her head from the fiery pits of damnation where she lives now to thank Donald Trump for making the world more dangerous.

In 2016 Trump was a transactional presidency. "Elect me and I will nominate all the people on this list to the federal bench". What's he going to run on now? Remember republicans had control to both houses of congress from 2016-2018, the white house and SCOTUS. How much of a difference did it make in those 2 years? Answer honestly. Once you have the answer, then you know the answer to the question "What will Trump do", the answer is "far less that he could have done between 2016 and 2018".

Realistically? Nothing. Trump does not care enough about RKBA to stick his neck out for it even a single milimeter.

On the other hand, through his SCOTUS picks last time he was in office, he's already done more to secure RKBA than many other presidents.

Realistically? Nothing. Trump does not care enough about RKBA to stick his neck out for it even a single milimeter.

On the other hand, through his SCOTUS picks last time he was in office, he's already done more to secure RKBA than many other presidents.

That's more a statement of the federalist society than it is of Trump since Trump just operated from a list that was given to him by FedSoc. He even said this on the campaign trail in 2016 and said who he would nominate. He just got extremely extremely lucky that RBG shuffled loose the mortal coil and he could get Barrett on the court to replace liberal Ginsburg. It was a magic moment in time where the nuclear option was in play thanks to the democrats and there was a whole giant bench full of positions to fill.

Probably not a lot. But I'm thinking more pro 2nd judges. Nothing is going to help us in this state except judges. And even that is limited. But it would definitely slow things down in the direction that we're going in.

Probably not a lot. But I'm thinking more pro 2nd judges. Nothing is going to help us in this state except judges. And even that is limited. But it would definitely slow things down in the direction that we're going in.

Warren and Markey can still blue slip Trump's nominations and they will do it all day every day. Just so that they don't lose control of CA1. The only way out of this is going to be a congress with actual brass balls willing to impeach and remove the leftist judges already on the bench in blue areas of the country. Republicans are way too cowardly to do something like that.

That's more a statement of the federalist society than it is of Trump since Trump just operated from a list that was given to him by FedSoc. He even said this on the campaign trail in 2016 and said who he would nominate. He just got extremely extremely lucky that RBG shuffled loose the mortal coil and he could get Barrett on the court to replace liberal Ginsburg. It was a magic moment in time where the nuclear option was in play thanks to the democrats and there was a whole giant bench full of positions to fill.

True, but he still could have pulled a Trump and gone off his own way. He stuck to the list and the result was better than I imagined.

True, but he still could have pulled a Trump and gone off his own way. He stuck to the list and the result was better than I imagined.

Agreed and there was definitely some turn over that is good. But conservatives need to be careful because among their ranks are the 'back the blue, muh law and order' conservatives and they will tell you right to your face "The police need to be better armed than citizens because reasons" (law and order BS reasoning). So although the outlook for 2A is generally positive, the CA1, CA2 and Ca9 are still wholly under the democratic sphere with no hopes of changing. All we have is the hope and prayers that they do stupid things like they just did in the RI magazine ban case the other day. The judges on SCOTUS are smart enough to see the end run that was done around Heller, now we get to see if the political capital was worth it or not.

Observe Benjamin Franklin GIF

To help the govt agencies better understand the mindset of the citizens, every month a different local militia can do a 4AM no-knock raid on an any alphabet agent.

With qualified immunity for the militia, of course.

So that, like you say, they can their loved ones can better understand the mindset of the citizens.

Back
Top Bottom