Honest Opinions Wanted..........

CDSUSA

Dealer
NES Member
I just got my Glock 17 Cerakoted and I was really diggin the way the color scheme came out......that is until my buddy started busting my balls about it.

"So is that Desert camo or Jungle camo?"

Is there some camouflage rule that says you can't use Flat Dark Earth and Olive Drab together???

IMG_06.jpg IMG_04.jpg

I know all that really matters is if I like it, and I do, but I'm curious......What say you NES?

JSlayer

Looks OK to me, I like it. OD & FDE go together pretty well.

I mean, its not like you mixed New Mossy Oak Break up with RealTree Hardwoods. [thinking]

It depends on what color pants and shirt you are wearing at the time. And what color are your eyes? :)

Looks fine to me. If you obsess about what he thinks, you are giving him power over your emotions. That is generally a bad idea...

i like the olive drab. that looks good.

It's your gun. If you like it tell him to FOAD.
+1

one time at the range some dude gave me shit for having my musket, he had a nice AR with a red dot scope.

I placed a paper dinner plate at 100 yards. i placed all three shots in the plate with my musket, his nice AR only got one shot in the plate. I made him look like a total ass in front of his friends and everyone at the rage. to top it off, i took a revolver (black powder 12" barrel) and placed 3 out of 6 shots in the same plate.

the dude never talked shit again, in fact, he never came back to the range on Sunday mornings when we were all shooting.

Last edited:
Eff your buddy. Are you happy with it? Looks solid to me. Does it still shoot? Good to go.

It's your gun. If you like it tell him to FOAD.

ROFL! I guess that's an option I hadn't thought of.

If you obsess about what he thinks, you are giving him power over your emotions. That is generally a bad idea...

I wouldn't say I'm obsessing, but it did get me thinking about which colors were considered "compatible". The gun will be in a multicam holster most of the time.

If you like it then what's the problem.... who cares what someone else thinks about it.

-Mike

one time at the range some dude gave me shit for having my musket, he had a nice AR with a red dot scope.

I placed a paper dinner plate at 100 yards. i placed all three shots in the plate with my musket, his nice AR only got one shot in the plate. I made him look like a total ass in front of his friends and everyone at the rage. to top it off, i took a revolver (black powder 12" barrel) and placed 3 out of 6 shots in the same plate.

the dude never talked shit again, in fact, he never came back to the range on Sunday mornings when we were all shooting.

Nice! Let the musket do the talkin and he does the walkin!

Eff your buddy. Are you happy with it? Looks solid to me. Does it still shoot? Good to go.

Hell Yeah! It's a shooter! After the new night sights I'd say it's more accurate too. The old sights would always hit low and left, nice tight group, but low and left. Now it's going where I aim.....A welcome change!

Is there some camouflage rule that says you can't use Flat Dark Earth and Olive Drab together???

What does this look like, "What Not To Carry"?? [laugh] Hey, if you put lipstick on a pig, it's still a pig. No matter what you paint it, it's still a Glock.

The question is: How do YOU feel about it? If you like it, tell your buddy to stop worrying about what color your gun is and check to see if his garter straps are twisted.

Who cares? It's a glock; the point is to drag it behind a truck and have it still go bang. Go out and at least get some holster wear on that tupperware!

It looks fine, but needs more rounds run through it! [smile]

If you like it then what's the problem.... who cares what someone else thinks about it.

-Mike

No, I think you're right....I may have worded my original post too vaugely when I said, "UNTIL he started busting my balls about it", leading people to believe that I didn't like it anymore". What I'm really wondering is if FDE and OD are compatible colors for a multicam camo scheme? That would have been a better way to present the question. To your point though, even if the answer is, "no they aren't" I still like it and that's all that matters, but I still want to know the answer.[smile]

No, I think you're right....I may have worded my original post too vaugely when I said, "UNTIL he started busting my balls about it", leading people to believe that I didn't like it anymore". What I'm really wondering is if FDE and OD are compatible colors for a multicam camo scheme? That would have been a better way to present the question. To your point though, even if the answer is, "no they aren't" I still like it and that's all that matters, but I still want to know the answer.[smile]

Why wouldn't they be?

So it is green and brown. Just tell him you are trying to become a game warden.

Really though, I think it looks pretty nice.

As everyone has mentioned the only important thing is what YOU think. I probably wouldn't choose those two colors but that's just my opinion, and you know what they say about opinions.....................

Edit: +1 to what Big_Red said!

Dude, if you wanted to paint it pink and fuscia... it's your gun!!! Do what you like. Heck with the haters.

FWIW, I like the combo. Certainly more attractive than the standard finish.

Back
Top Bottom