• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Opinions on Next Level Firearms in NH

Has anyone used these folks? Seems like a decent place, and I loved the giant white dog they have running around in the store!

Just want to see if folks on here (from MA) have had a good experience with them. Trustworthy?

I mean, can you do business with them and expect a fair transaction - fair price, genuine article, decent after sales.
Seriously? You can read here on how to buy a gun there are hundreds of threads. It's evident you haven't done your due diligence as a new gun owner or buyer and you should.

Most dealers don't make a lot of profit .. fact
Genuine article that's a question beyond comprehension
Walk out the door with that gun and your after sales is solely with the manufacturer.

They have a saying in the watch world it's called buy the seller it applies to most markets when buying.

It's evident you haven't done your due diligence as a new gun owner or buyer and you should.
Well - this is a part of the due diligence. You guys forget how it is when starting out.
Genuine article that's a question beyond comprehension
And why is that? Is there no gray market in the firearms business?

I've bought a few guns from them. First was a DE 1911C that they got when I was interested in getting one. Decently priced under MSRP (at least for me). This was not long after they opened up in the first location.

I do know that they'll work with shops in MA for transfers (for pistols), so that's good. Store is on the small side, so not a ton of inventory. They also have some guns on commission, which means they're not setting those prices.

They'll also look up anything you're wanting to get that's not in store and give you a price without hassle.

I will say that the transfer fee is a bit on the high side for private sales. At least last time I checked.

I'd put them into the shops to visit rotation if I was looking for something and didn't want to spend time on the phone. There are other shops you can visit within a reasonable travel distance to compare and such.

Well - this is a part of the due diligence. You guys forget how it is when starting out.

And why is that? Is there no gray market in the firearms business?
Actually, your wrong we aren't here to hold your hand we are here to help you. Checking reviews etc. is your work to do.

The gray market is here on this forum go to the gun classifieds and you will find the land of misfit toys.

I've bought a few guns from them. First was a DE 1911C that they got when I was interested in getting one. Decently priced under MSRP (at least for me). This was not long after they opened up in the first location.

I do know that they'll work with shops in MA for transfers (for pistols), so that's good. Store is on the small side, so not a ton of inventory. They also have some guns on commission, which means they're not setting those prices.

They'll also look up anything you're wanting to get that's not in store and give you a price without hassle.

I will say that the transfer fee is a bit on the high side for private sales. At least last time I checked.

I'd put them into the shops to visit rotation if I was looking for something and didn't want to spend time on the phone. There are other shops you can visit within a reasonable travel distance to compare and such.
Thanks for the helpful answer. Sending you a PM with a couple of questions.

You guys keep mentioning the gray market. If yall have any black market gun connections please PM me

Also they have 4.9 stars and 119 reviews on Google. The Facebook was well done. And the website makes me think someone under 50 owns it.

I have been to Next Level many times over the past 10 years and they have always been good to deal with. Brian the owner has always been very helpful and knowledgeable.
They have an in house gunsmith which is a plus for me.

brian is a good guy. I have been going there since they opened at their original location on Broadway. I actually am swinging by later today to pick up a few things.
as far as prices, that's all relative. some stuff is high, some low. I chalk up things that are a little high as supporting a shop that had ammo and stayed open all through covid.
and yes, the puppy is a very good boy.

I mean, can you do business with them and expect a fair transaction - fair price, genuine article, decent after sales.

Kind of sounds like you want to haggle with a small shop and cut into his margins.

Do the research on the item you want. If you don't like the price there, walk out.

Fake or airsoft stuff is pretty easy to figure out.

As far as 'after sales' support. It's a gun shop, not a car dealership with a maintenance section. Just about any shop is going to answer questions when you pop in a week later.

Know what you want, never go "shopping" in a gun store looking for something to buy.

Research your choice of weapon online and see what the average price is, new or used with accessories and decide what is worth to YOU.

Go to gun shop armed with this info and you will never be disappointed with your purchase.

Know what you want, never go "shopping" in a gun store looking for something to buy.

Research your choice of weapon online and see what the average price is, new or used with accessories and decide what is worth to YOU.

Go to gun shop armed with this info and you will never be disappointed with your purchase.
Yes - of course.
OK, let me ask you for your opinion. Looking at the Walther PDP, I find some online around $500 (here and here). The average seems to be around $650 though (here). In person, most vendors want to charge around $700.
What would you think? Are the $500 ones legit? Is it reasonable to pay $700 in person?
Mind you, most of this is just curiosity - trying to understand the marketplace a bit. Living in MA, the online deals don't seem accessible to me. But maybe you can tell me different.

Where’s the fun in that?? No sense of adventure in you, eh???

Have you never had 1500 bux burning a hole in your pocket??

Last edited:
Kind of sounds like you want to haggle with a small shop and cut into his margins.
I have gone over what I wrote a few times. Not sure where you are getting this from.
Do the research on the item you want. If you don't like the price there, walk out.
I know you are trying to help the small businesses, but I am not sure if this is the right advice.

I mean, first off, a business may be better off negotiating a bit. Is it better to make slightly less margin and have a happy returning customer, or just lose the sale entirely? And they always have the option of declining politely and still keeping the sale. I am not sure if you have to necessarily equate minor negotiation with exploitation.

Secondly, not all businesses are no-nonsense-no-negotiation types. Some do inflate their quotes. Are you suggesting that a customer not even try and explore their transaction?

In any case - I have no intention of low balling anyone. Happy to pay a fair price. As long as it is fair to me as well.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom