• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Falmouth group arguing to destroy surplus LE firearms instead of trade-in

What’s wrong with the existing shotguns? It not like the cops are using them so much they wear out.

The logic of destroying them is so absurd. Of course they’re going to end up in civilian hands: what else would a gun shop do with them? Sell them to another police department?

And they’re shotguns, the fuddiest of guns, not even on the (current) agenda for banning. Do police trade-in shotguns ever get used in crimes?

What’s wrong with the existing shotguns? It not like the cops are using them so much they wear out.

The logic of destroying them is so absurd. Of course they’re going to end up in civilian hands: what else would a gun shop do with them? Sell them to another police department?

And they’re shotguns, the fuddiest of guns, not even on the (current) agenda for banning. Do police trade-in shotguns ever get used in crimes?
Probably have to spend budgeted money on them

I think they should be destroyed/recycled as well.

But melt them down and turn them into AR’s instead of garden tools.

How many crimes are committed with a shotgun in MA each year? I'm guessing it's not that many.
Especially vs how many are owned. Each has its own use. I can see many owners that dont have many guns having at least a few configurations of shotgun. Absolutely dumb are these people.

1. Paywall.

2. This reared it dumbass head last fall. The folks in FoulMouth are just completely insane. My folks have lived on-Cape for. . . . . 20-somethign years and are getting tired of it. They left Falmouth 2 years ago partially over this. "It's just getting too stupid in this town." LOL.

Back
Top Bottom