• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Falmouth "cache" busted

Just a wild ass guess here, but if Customs and Border Protection was involved, there is a nexus to international shipments. Those "silencers" were probably Chinese solvent traps that he tried to import and that they found....
Interesting that they don’t appear in the photo.

50 purchases since 2019, lol I guess everyone on NES is on the radar.

Was he a felon in possession?

Also

“Possession of an Assault Weapon carries a mandatory minimum prison sentence of one year. Possession of a Large Capacity Weapon/Feeding Device carries a mandatory minimum prison sentence of two and one-half years. “

That’s completely backwards

"23 counts of Possession of Large Capacity Weapon/Feeding Device"

Those charges don't mean anything.
Nobody goes to jail for that.

"23 counts of Possession of Large Capacity Weapon/Feeding Device"

Those charges don't mean anything.
Nobody goes to jail for that.
My bud got charged with it, charges on it were dropped but he still had some other felonies (AWB compliance from a search after being sectioned and having his LTC revoked)
A year later they transferred his firearms to me out of the evidence locker and gave me both the non compliant AWB and the Pmags he had lol

My bud got charged with it, charges on it were dropped but he still had some other felonies (AWB compliance from a search after being sectioned and having his LTC revoked)
A year later they transferred his firearms to me out of the evidence locker and gave me both the non compliant AWB and the Pmags he had lol
But your buddy had an LTC. They probably couldn't prove if the mags were pre-ban or not.

In this case, without an LTC, none of that matters to the State.

Crazy they could get up to 2.5 years for a mag.

But your buddy had an LTC. They probably couldn't prove if the mags were pre-ban or not.

Good point
Ironically we could prove it 🤣
Gun also was not complaint when they took it or transferred to me ( of course it is now Maura 👋)

Punks at shows think I’m nuts when I tell them their bullet belt is illegal (and offer to buy it for the components 🤣) and that a cop COULD jam you on it if they wanted

Years ago a guy at a club in MA had a N/D and injured himself. When the PD/EMS "secured" his weapon, the PD took it as evidence and subsequently charged him with a post-ban mag.

Homeland Security Investigations’ New England Cyber Crimes Group initiated an investigation into possible firearm parts purchased online by LaPanne. He then became the target of an investigation, led by the Attorney General’s Office, HSI New England Cyber Crimes Group, Customs and Border Patrol, and United States Postal Investigative Services, into the unlawful possession of firearms and his suitability to hold a Massachusetts Firearms License to Carry. The investigation revealed that since 2019, LaPanne purchased approximately 50 firearms-related items.
Hmm.... cyber crimed group flagging orders of gun parts for investigation. Interesting. The fact that the government had records showing 50 "firearms related items" (the term "firearms related" suggests unregulated items).

It is quite possible that many of those here on NES were also caught up in the "stuff shipped to" or "ordered from" dragnet, but the issue was dropped when the investigation determined the recipient had an LTC.

What is puzzling is the part about "suitability to hold a MA LTC"? Why would this be an issue if he did not already have one? Or were they just looking to supplement the case with "this is not just a paperwork case, the person would not have been able to get an LTC if he had applied?". Or had he applied and the

Last edited:
What is puzzling is the part about "suitability to hold a MA LTC"? Why would this be an issue if he did not already have one? Or were they just looking to supplement the case with "this is not just a paperwork case, the person would not have been able to get an LTC if he had applied?". Or had he applied and the

This seemed like a way to make you think felon without that being true.

Back
Top Bottom