• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Falmouth Safety Monitor Fired After Producing Firearm On School Grounds

JGreen

NES Member
Centrally locatated to several GREAT gun clubs
This guy runs to the sound of gunfire. It's his nature and should be applauded. Interested to see how the "Exigent circumstances" plays out.

This guy runs to the sound of gunfire. It's his nature and should be applauded. Interested to see how the "Exigent circumstances" plays out.

Makes me wonder...

If I decided to break the law and carry in a school - while an active shooter was blasting everybody - Would I intervene???

Not if I wanted to stay out of jail and keep my guns.

In other words, lie down and prepare to become a victim

“In an incident like this one, Mr. Langmead’s first action should have been to tell the school’s main office staff to call the police and place the school into a shelter in place or lockdown, Dr. Duerr said. Then, Mr. Langmead’s next responsibility was to make sure all students and staff were inside the school building and that all doors were shut and locked.”

So according to the story, as long as you mean no harm while cutting through school grounds with what looks like a firearm, you're good to go? Black powder season is just around the corner, and one of my hunting spots would be easier to access through a nearby school. Hmmmm 😂

Is “safety monitor” a full time job?
Guy got the charges dropped pretty much immediately (weeks/months)
Not saying they should not have dropped them but I wonder his connections

Edit.
I found his connections
Former State Police (here are the complaints/findings about him during his career).
B878AEC3-DD5D-4445-A067-EC0F74E5C5F6.png

Last edited:
According to the news I watched this morning, the Falmouth Police have dropped the charges. Can’t help but think there’s some history between the police and the former state cop.…..

Great job, a**h***s. Firing the “good guy with a gun” who is willing to put his ass on the line makes the kids less safe.

He got in trouble b/c he didn't notify anyone. He decided to lone-gunman it. HUGE mistake. Whether I was gonna grab my gun or not, I'd be letting the office know and call the cops. OR. . . . I'm over-reacting and it's a non issue.

Edit.
I found his connections
Former State Police (here are the complaints/findings about him during his career).
View attachment 817653

Yeah. Former state cops can be pissers. I knew one who got into a "match" with the town or something because he thought he was above everyone else's authoratah! He was retired SP. He was the S-word. They were just peons. Nice to know that the attitude doesn't change for some of them. All for me and none for thee. And it's also why he isn't charged. Because this other guy I knew - he could have been REALLY screwed - somehow the whole incident went away. To ensure the SP doesn't get their reputation sullied.

What I want to know is exactly how did they find out he was armed.
He kept the gun on him after the "threat" was resolved.

“Mr. Langmead…removed his firearm from the secured location in his vehicle and continued to carry the weapon on the grounds and inside the school building even after the police arrived on the scene and after this incident was over,” Chief Lourie said. “This was a clear violation of Massachusetts General Law.”

Not notifying anyone, grabbing your gun from your POV, and running after someone is really f-ing dumb. It's a good way to get shot when someone calls the cops, and it's not the right way to deal with an active thread in a public environment with kids around. Alert the police, get the kids to safety, and then think defensively, not offensively.

“Mr. Langmead…removed his firearm from the secured location in his vehicle and continued to carry the weapon on the grounds and inside the school building even after the police arrived on the scene and after this incident was over,” Chief Lourie said. “This was a clear violation of Massachusetts General Law.”

I'm wondering if this means he was running around at the low ready or just happened to have it holstered. I suspect if it was the former then no one would have found out about it in the first place.

One comment to the news article

Shana Nov 16, 2023 10:54pm

If the trespasser's gun was run was real - our security guy had it covered and he'd be a hero.
like a 'an armed maniac vigilante seriously hurts the protester'? naah, it is done here.
but him not calling in cops was really stupid.

Last edited:

Not notifying anyone, grabbing your gun from your POV, and running after someone is really f-ing dumb. It's a good way to get shot when someone calls the cops, and it's not the right way to deal with an active thread in a public environment with kids around. Alert the police, get the kids to safety, and then think defensively, not offensively.
Lol @ armchair quarterbacking based on an incident involving a large case of absolutely nothing.....

“The role of safety monitor is to ensure that all students and staff are inside and the building is secure, meaning all doors are locked,”
Never understood this, remembering back in the Columbine days, we had threats every week.. kids trying to get out of tests and such. Never made sense as a middle schooler in a real situation to all stick around in big open room (gym), I'd be OUT.

In other words, lie down and prepare to become a victim

“In an incident like this one, Mr. Langmead’s first action should have been to tell the school’s main office staff to call the police and place the school into a shelter in place or lockdown, Dr. Duerr said. Then, Mr. Langmead’s next responsibility was to make sure all students and staff were inside the school building and that all doors were shut and locked.”
No, absolutely not! His first Maura-approved action should have been to urinate and defecate in his trousers. Then, call the police!

The kids weren't in any more danger because he had a gun on him. And as we have seen other places, you can't count on the police. At least he was ready to use it. Without all the info, I'm leaning hero.
We can't have it both ways. If the guy was a real threat and shot up the school and we found out he had a gun in his car, he would be labeled a coward.

Edit to add.
This was my 5 and 6th grade school. I wanna give a big shout out to Ms. Andrade, my first hot teacher

Last edited:
Is that not right? I know Vermont did Civil unions. But I thought gay marriage was ma.
Yes I'm butting into this conversation. You're welcome
I have no effin idea. I’m shit posting. I do know VT was joining gay hands before MA.
It’s where I first saw “It’s Mom and Dad not Tom and Brad painted all over the NE Kingdom.

Great job, a**h***s. Firing the “good guy with a gun” who is willing to put his ass on the line makes the kids less safe.
That's the whole idea, to make criminals out of law-abiding citizens. Criminals can act with impunity anywhere and at any time, but we have to follow the rules, their rules.

Back
Top Bottom