• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Falmouth "cache" busted

Hmm.... cyber crimed group flagging orders of gun parts for investigation. Interesting. The fact that the government had records showing 50 "firearms related items" (the term "firearms related" suggests unregulated items).

It is quote possible that many of those here on NES were also caught up in the "stuff shipped to" or "ordered from" dragnet, but the issue was dropped when the investigation determined the recipient had an LTC.

What is puzzling is the part about "suitability to hold a MA LTC"? Why would this be an issue if he did not already have one? Or were they just looking to supplement the case with "this is not just a paperwork case, the person would not have been able to get an LTC if he had applied?". Or had he applied and the
Of course we were filtered through that dragnet, we are most certainly on some type of list with every alphabet agency there is, I’m sure

But if you steal from your fedex truck on your route you get 6 days timed served

I knew someone who drove for UPS and was taking jewelry from his truck. He did around 16 months in federal prison. I guess guns are far less dangerous than a tennis bracelet.
As for the guy in the original post, how did it go from a traffic stop for a suspended license, to a search warrant for his home? All these new laws are designed to trip all of us up on some technicality.

I knew someone who drove for UPS and was taking jewelry from his truck. He did around 16 months in federal prison. I guess guns are far less dangerous than a tennis bracelet.
As for the guy in the original post, how did it go from a traffic stop for a suspended license, to a search warrant for his home? All these new laws are designed to trip all of us up on some technicality.
They knew they could arrest him based on likely illegal surveillance - they just needed a normie reason for a judge to issue a search warrant. Snowden exposed this BS with the NSA

They knew they could arrest him based on likely illegal surveillance - they just needed a normie reason for a judge to issue a search warrant. Snowden exposed this BS with the NSA
The term is "parallel construction", used when someone testifies about a crime they committed when testifying under use immunity.

Don't let this whole "tracking purchases" issue distract you from the fact that a judge in the state of MA issued a f***ing search warrant for a residence based on driving with a suspended license. What's next, J walking?
LaPanne for operating a vehicle with a suspended license. Following the arrest, a search warrant for LaPanne’s residence was obtained,

I do not think that was the search warrant
He was arrested on the unrelated suspended license and they got the warrant based on the online activity (planned out)
They are probably trying to cut back on the no knock/drive a truck through the front door/stomp out your Goldfish entries so the arrest before for something unrelated makes that easier

I do not think that was the search warrant
He was arrested on the unrelated suspended license and they got the warrant based on the online activity (planned out)
They are probably trying to cut back on the no knock/drive a truck through the front door/stomp out your Goldfish entries so the arrest before for something unrelated makes that easier
Carry "not on one's person" is on school property is legal in MA

I have seen a search warrant because loose brass on the floor of a car was indicative of a gun stored in the vehicle of a known LTC holder, and the search warrant application stated the gun being present on school property was a violation of MGL.

So, a warrant was issued based on evidence of legal activity.

It sounds like this guy might be able to get the warrant thrown out if he has good council. There are going to be constitutional questions on if his fourth amendment was violated but it will not be cheap or easy I am sure.

You can look this guy up he’s got a social media presence and he looks respectable.

Yep. And it's about to get way, WAY worse. 🤔
You are correct. And when it does and they track online orders having an LTC will no longer be your stay out of jail card.

Building your own firearm and ordering the parts online will be enough to get the knock (if they even bother to knock).

When the new legislation passes there are going to be a lot of boating accidents.

1710015185786.jpeg

You are correct. And when it does and they track online orders having an LTC will no longer be your stay out of jail card.

Building your own firearm and ordering the parts online will be enough to get the knock (if they even bother to knock).

When the new legislation passes there are going to be a lot of boating accidents.

View attachment 859598
So time to get a vest for our dogs?

My bud got charged with it, charges on it were dropped but he still had some other felonies (AWB compliance from a search after being sectioned and having his LTC revoked)
A year later they transferred his firearms to me out of the evidence locker and gave me both the non compliant AWB and the Pmags he had lol
But some people say never to pay a premium for pre ban mags.

I wonder if this guy wishes he had fewer than 23 mag violations against him.

Punks at shows think I’m nuts when I tell them their bullet belt is illegal (and offer to buy it for the components 🤣) and that a cop COULD jam you on it if they wanted
I love asking them “is that 30-06 or .308?” And watch them have no clue what I’m talking about

Looks like he is getting charged for a few pre-ban mags, would have to see followers/base plates to be sure though.
followers and base plates don’t matter, they are replaceable service parts
I have dozens of pre ban mags with brand new followers and ranger floor plates

If they are charging you with mag capacity violations that charge is probably stacked into a slew of other charges…

Typically it’s up to the state to prove the magazines are post ban and it’s almost impossible to do unless the mag body is stamped with a date or cage code (or marked LE only)

But none of that really matters at all because your a gun owner in mass

This guy is in boot soon of any mag law as he didn’t have an LTC to begin with

IANAL this Isn’t legal advice

Act accordingly

followers and base plates don’t matter, they are replaceable service parts
I have dozens of pre ban mags with brand new followers and ranger floor plates

If they are charging you with mag capacity violations that charge is probably stacked into a slew of other charges…

Typically it’s up to the state to prove the magazines are post ban and it’s almost impossible to do unless the mag body is stamped with a date or cage code (or marked LE only)

But none of that really matters at all because your a gun owner in mass

This guy is in boot soon of any mag law as he didn’t have an LTC to begin with

IANAL this Isn’t legal advice

Act accordingly
I wouldn't put it past this state to rescind an LTC and charge someone 15 seconds after they remove their LTC.

I wouldn't put it past this state to rescind an LTC and charge someone 15 seconds after they remove their LTC.
The state? You mean the arresting agency that popped you for something unrelated and found your mags?
Like I said you’re a felon In waiting, and a grown ass American adult

Act accordingly

The state? You mean the arresting agency that popped you for something unrelated and found your mags?
Like I said you’re a felon In waiting, and a grown ass American adult

Act accordingly

No, I mean literally, for whatever (or none) reason, they revoke your LTC, collect it, walk out, get a warrant, and be back the same day to charge with possession without an LTC

No, I mean literally, for whatever (or none) reason, they revoke your LTC, collect it, walk out, get a warrant, and be back the same day to charge with possession without an LTC
Who is “they” ?
Your licensing officer?
Maura herself?

How do “they” know what you have for magazines?

It's not as difficult as you make it sound. For example if you're in possession of pmags, it's very easy to prove those are post ban magazines since the company didn't exist in 1994. If you're in possession of magazines for a gun that wasn't manufactured before 94, that's also easy to prove their postpan. Has more time passes between 94 and today it gets easier and easier for the government to do that. This year will mark 30 years since that assault weapons ban was enacted. Most of the new firearms that people want to own, absent Glocks, began being manufactured after 1994. It's very easy for the state in this instance to prove any magazine you have that is standard "high" capacity is post ban.

It's not as difficult as you make it sound. For example if you're in possession of pmags, it's very easy to prove those are post ban magazines since the company didn't exist in 1994. If you're in possession of magazines for a gun that wasn't manufactured before 94, that's also easy to prove their postpan. Has more time passes between 94 and today it gets easier and easier for the government to do that. This year will mark 30 years since that assault weapons ban was enacted. Most of the new firearms that people want to own, absent Glocks, began being manufactured after 1994. It's very easy for the state in this instance to prove any magazine you have that is standard "high" capacity is post ban.
Yes absolutely
I was speaking specifically about GI AR mags, and their internal components WRT “checking followers and floor plates”
An anti tilt follower and new floor plate does not constitute that a magazine is post ban

Obviously mags for guns made after the ban won’t pass muster.

Regardless this individual shouldn’t have had a magazine at all per the law

Back
Top Bottom