• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Opinions on Next Level Firearms in NH

federal law. you can only buy a handgun in your state of residence
I am not sure if that is correct. My understanding is that all it requires is for the firearm to be transferred through an MA FFL. The gun needs to be legal in MA.
Is this not right?

federal law. you can only buy a handgun in your state of residence
Depends on whether or not the shop is willing to do an outbound to MA dealer or not... so many NH shops won't do them at all.... others do tons of them every day....

Depends on whether or not the shop is willing to do an outbound to MA dealer or not... so many NH shops won't do them at all.... others do tons of them every day....
I am curious. If it is a MA legal gun, what would be their reasons for not wanting to do it? It would be perfectly legal - no?

I have gone over what I wrote a few times. Not sure where you are getting this from.

I know you are trying to help the small businesses, but I am not sure if this is the right advice.

I mean, first off, a business may be better off negotiating a bit. Is it better to make slightly less margin and have a happy returning customer, or just lose the sale entirely? And they always have the option of declining politely and still keeping the sale. I am not sure if you have to necessarily equate minor negotiation with exploitation.

Secondly, not all businesses are no-nonsense-no-negotiation types. Some do inflate their quotes. Are you suggesting that a customer not even try and explore their transaction?

In any case - I have no intention of low balling anyone. Happy to pay a fair price. As long as it is fair to me as well.

So it sounds like you're trying to haggle with him and cut into his bottom line.

He puts prices on for a reason. If he inflates them, that's his problem and eventually the market and his customers will kick him to the curb.

"fair price", lol

I am curious. If it is a MA legal gun, what would be their reasons for not wanting to do it? It would be perfectly legal - no?

Now you're trying to cut into your "fair price" by paying shipping and transfer fees. Not to mention being a pain to the dealer.

Very few shops will do this. Maybe for more unique firearms, but not for some dime a dozen Walther PDP which you can buy darn near everywhere.

That said, if this is your plan ensure you bring a copy of the Mass FFL that will receive it.

edit. From your links, grab a gun is legit. Heck a quick google search shows it coming up at Cabelas for like 575.

So it sounds like you're trying to haggle with him and cut into his bottom line.

He puts prices on for a reason. If he inflates them, that's his problem and eventually the market and his customers will kick him to the curb.

"fair price", lol
Even better - he wants to haggle with a dealer in NH who will be forced to ship to a dealer in MA who will complete the transfer with the lowest possible fee. It's either something on the roster, that any dealer in MA can get him, or off roster and requires knowledge on the part of two FFLs.

All this so he can voluntarily pay Use Tax to the Commonwealth at the end of the year.

Yes - of course.
OK, let me ask you for your opinion. Looking at the Walther PDP, I find some online around $500 (here and here). The average seems to be around $650 though (here). In person, most vendors want to charge around $700.
What would you think? Are the $500 ones legit? Is it reasonable to pay $700 in person?
Mind you, most of this is just curiosity - trying to understand the marketplace a bit. Living in MA, the online deals don't seem accessible to me. But maybe you can tell me different.

I would go to a dealer and ask if they will come close to the average online price. If not, find one that will transfer it for you. $150 is a lot of ammo or mags.

It is strange that the prices are that far off from online..Have you checked at the Mill or PM'd a dealer on here?

Is it owned by Brian that used to work at Zero Hour, who magically came up with a store’s worth of guns when Alex the owner at Zero Hour abruptly closed the doors?

I have gone over what I wrote a few times. Not sure where you are getting this from.

I know you are trying to help the small businesses, but I am not sure if this is the right advice.

I mean, first off, a business may be better off negotiating a bit. Is it better to make slightly less margin and have a happy returning customer, or just lose the sale entirely? And they always have the option of declining politely and still keeping the sale. I am not sure if you have to necessarily equate minor negotiation with exploitation.

Secondly, not all businesses are no-nonsense-no-negotiation types. Some do inflate their quotes. Are you suggesting that a customer not even try and explore their transaction?

In any case - I have no intention of low balling anyone. Happy to pay a fair price. As long as it is fair to me as well.
Lol at some point you will figure out that a shop needs to get X$ to justify doing business. Whether his X is smart or rational is not something any of us know. I don't know this shop or the guy's prices etc but expecting any B&M to sell a gun at the "drop shipper a**h***" price/rate is silly. Remember after shipping and transfers that price on the ground is going to chew up the better part of $100 anyways.

Lol at some point you will figure out that a shop needs to get X$ to justify doing business. Whether his X is smart or rational is not something any of us know. I don't know this shop or the guy's prices etc but expecting any B&M to sell a gun at the "drop shipper a**h***" price/rate is silly. Remember after shipping and transfers that price on the ground is going to chew up the better part of $100 anyways.
Nuh huh.

I found a guy on gun broker that has free shipping, no tax, no cc fee. A dealer in NH can do the same if he really cares!

I feel like you are architecting the greatest gun purchase of all time. What happens if you don’t like the trigger after a few trips the range?

It's a whole lot of effort and hoop jumping for a plastic pistol.

Not to mention that the version sold in NH will have normal sized magazines which are OMG illegal in MA.

"fair price", lol

Now you're trying to cut into your "fair price" by paying shipping and transfer fees. Not to mention being a pain to the dealer.

lol :)

hmmm - that's some insightful, intricate analysis of my motivations there. Let me see if I can figure this out. Ohhhhh - it sounds like I'm trying to haggle with him and cut into his bottom line!!

Let me guess. You are a small-business person yourself? Or used to be?

Last edited:
Here's another question

When you do an out-of-state transfer to an FFL in MA, do you get to pay the taxes in MA anyway?! One FFL I talked to told me yes. Says that you do because it is a registered item, just like a car.

What do all the cynical, skeptical, wizened old men on here think? No one has mentioned this. All this talk and snickering, and really, no one actually knows anything:)? You guys are jeopardizing this plastic gun purchase I am trying to architect.

Last edited:
Know what you want, never go "shopping" in a gun store looking for something to buy.

Research your choice of weapon online and see what the average price is, new or used with accessories and decide what is worth to YOU.

Go to gun shop armed with this info and you will never be disappointed with your purchase.
Easy enough but not as much fun as pissing about co$ts on NES. [thinking]

I am not sure if that is correct. My understanding is that all it requires is for the firearm to be transferred through an MA FFL. The gun needs to be legal in MA.
Is this not right?

The original poster used the term "buy" when technically should said "take transfer and possession from", so you are right but he/she/it/they/them is not wrong
o_O

Here's another question

When you do an out-of-state transfer to an FFL in MA, do you get to pay the taxes in MA anyway?! One FFL I talked to told me yes. Says that you do because it is a registered item, just like a car.

What do all the cynical, skeptical, wizened old men on here think? No one has mentioned this. All this talk and snickering, and really, no one actually knows anything:)? You guys are jeopardizing this plastic gun purchase I am trying to architect.
Totally, no one here actually knows jackshit about anything. You should ask ChatGPT.

Here's another question

Been talking up to that guy at State Line? He is the only legal scholardealer I know of who has arrived at this conclusion.

But, you do pay sales on an instate transfer if you live in WA state.

hmmm - that's some insightful, intricate analysis of my motivations there. Let me see if I can figure this out. Ohhhhh - it sounds like I'm trying to haggle with him and cut into his bottom line!!

Let me guess. You are a small-business person yourself? Or used to be?

Hey, you're the guy trying to skinflint at the expense of a NH business. I'm retired. No small business stuff for me.

You're just annoyed that your carefully crafted plan to save 37 cents is getting shot full of holes. Cry me a river.

Some of us have been dealing with guns and gun shops for a large part of our lives.

Your posts show you have a very poor understanding of how most shops operate.

but, free free to drive to wherever this shop is and waste your and the dealer's time trying to buy a pistol with magazines not legal in your state

Damn, those mags are expensive too. Surely you can save money in your state by buying the pistol there. Mag costs alone will overrun your "savings".

I find it really hard to believe that there is not an MA dealer who can get one for you. Several internet searches have come up with a variety of options in MA.

Back
Top Bottom