• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Opinions on Next Level Firearms in NH

I thought we decided on a Canik for you? I can’t keep up.
You don't want to hear about the brief detour into the CZ lineup. For a while the Shadow 2 looked pretty good.
First time buyers. What are you going to do.
Actually, I am curious. Is it all first time buyers, or just me?

You don't want to hear about the brief detour into the CZ lineup. For a while the Shadow 2 looked pretty good.
Usually you start with one fast misinformed first purchase and then forever chase the perfect gun with follow up purchases.

Actually… just grab a Gen 2 Glock 22 from Four Seasons… we need to move forward here. That will be rock bottom, you can only rise from there.

Usually you start with one fast misinformed first purchase and then forever chase the perfect gun with follow up purchases.
haha - ya. I am getting that feeling.

But because your brain is so new to all the information, it tends to bounce around quite a bit. It's a bit confounding, but I suppose that's the fun of it. It's a learning vehicle. I've loved learning about all the things that I was blissfully unaware of.

I had never thought I would get a gun. Then we got jumped by a taxi driver in Prague. Actual physical assault that left me bloodied. Made me think of the whole self-defense thing afresh.

Actually… just grab a Gen 2 Glock 22 from Four Seasons… we need to move forward here. That will be rock bottom, you can only rise from there.
dunno why - but I can't get myself to even look at Glocks. Maybe because they are just so ubiquitous and commoditized.

Walther PDP looks good to me. Chunky slide though. And snappy, they say. What do you think? What do you carry (or have for your home)?

And I don't think I will own more than one handgun (unlike a lot of you). Spending thousands on handguns just doesn't seem like something I would do.

dunno why - but I can't get myself to even look at Glocks. Maybe because they are just so ubiquitous and commoditized.

Walther PDP looks good to me. Chunky slide though. And snappy, they say. What do you think? What do you carry (or have for your home)?

And I don't think I will own more than one handgun (unlike a lot of you). Spending thousands on handguns just doesn't seem like something I would do.
I'm sure we've says this before, but here's honest help.
First, think about how you intend to use it. Home defense? Concealed carry? Pin shoots? Understand that while any pistol  can do any of these jobs, many will be better for one than the rest.
Next, go and shoot a bunch of guns. Rent them wherever you can. Get a feel for what works best in your hands.
Don't worry about brands - whether to fit in or stand out. Think about two things: is this suitable to my use; do I shoot it well?
When you find something that you can say "yes" to both questions, buy it.
Then buy magazines and ammo - and, if for carry, holsters. Then take a bunch of classes to drive you toward your uses. Repeat this paragraph for the rest of your life; letting yourself get complacent here is admitting that you didn't really "think of the whole self-defense thing afresh."
Also, if this is really about self defense, get other training, too. Learn your limitations. There's too much talismanic thinking out there - i.e., I've got a gun, I'm safe. No with a gun, you have another way to make yourself safe.

These days I carry a P365 macro. I took a tour of Glock and SW M&P in various calibers over the years before settling here.

As a beginner I would consider getting a 22lr and 9mm. Glock, Walther, Sig, mix and match whatever. And start going to the range. The sooner the better.

Last time I was in Prague I watched the cops baton some peaceful protesters while the local news filmed it. It doesn’t get any better if you travel over to Slovakia.

I've bought a few and done a handful of transfers through them. Brian is a stand up guy and never had an issue.

As others have pointed out purchasing fires arms is different then most retail places. There are quirks in the process, you'll learn in time.

Why did that place close anyway?

Unfortunately Zero Hour decided not to re-open according to the below March 2016 thread.

It always sucks to lose a good shop like that; but by the grace of God, Brian, who worked at ZHA, opened Next Level in NH a couple of months later.

op is a fed so next level bout to get raided
So, how am I doing? I can tell that you can see right through the bullshit and know that I am fed. But overall, though, on a scale of 1-10, how am I doing trying to pass myself off as a regular, non-fed person out here?

So, how am I doing? I can tell that you can see right through the bullshit and know that I am fed. But overall, though, on a scale of 1-10, how am I doing trying to pass myself off as a regular, non-fed person out here?
Honestly idk 7

You need a little work

You've checked a lot of the boxes

But you need to be subtle

Back
Top Bottom