• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Hot Blueing Wanted - South Eastern Mass

Mass Patriot

NES Member
What gunsmiths with a hot blueing tank do you recommend in South-East Mass?

I'm in Taunton, Mass, and have a butt plate + screws I made for a stock I'm inletting. I'd like to get the buttplate professionally hot blued.

Joe

PS. The stock is a mannlicher style for a CZ 527 bolt action in 7.62 Russian.

There is or at least used to be a gentleman named Mike Pigney right in Taunton who did hot blueing. I don't have his contact info but I am pretty sure Greg Derr knows how to get in touch with him.

Lenny, thanks. A search brought up Mike Pigney's contact info. Looks like he has a gunsmithing business, so I'll drop it off with him.
Joe

There is or at least used to be a gentleman named Mike Pigney right in Taunton who did hot blueing. I don't have his contact info but I am pretty sure Greg Derr knows how to get in touch with him.
Mike has done some great work for me in the past and yes he had a number of tanks set up, this was 5-6 years ago

So the Natick shop, Rustblue Gunsmithing, is an option (although they look expensive), but the Pigney, the Taunton guy, is no longer doing smith work.

Do I have that right?

And...I'm surprised there aren't more options in SE Mass.

Web page says this guy works out of B&K.
Never been to the physical store .
I sent him a barrel from a single shot 30-30 I was working on and was very happy with the results.
The gun was sitting in the corner of a basement for over a dozen years.
It was rusted up and there was mold growing on the stock.
Thankfully someone had oiled the hell out of the bore and the rifling was perfect.
The old girl will still punch out a bullseye at 75 yards every time.
You wouldn't even know it was the same gun that came out of that basement.

Back
Top Bottom