First firearm purchase

Very true. Everyone who takes one of my shooting-based classes gets a FS coupon.

FS was the first gun shop in MA to "make customers" rather than "make sales". That friendliness and willingness to spend time guiding new shooters goes a long way wrt marketing.

FS is also the largest volume shop in MA, getting them pricing that others can't touch. They have a decent web presence as well and Carl is very tuned in to customer comments or complaints.

Now over time, a number of new shops have opened up and copied to some extent the "friendly" attitude towards customers, so it's not as bad as the "good old days" for today's new shooters.

Well said, 20 years ago a new shooter was a bother to some gun stores. Four Seasons seemed to shake up the market and I have been in plenty of friendly stores lately.

Welcome to the Club. That's a good first handgun. Four Seasons is a PITA at times cuz it's so small and busy. I will NEVER go there on a Saturday if I can help it.

I go because of the customer service. Carl just recently priced matched a L.E. distributor for me on a S&W shield. I can guarantee you he sells enough of those things at such a good price to begin with. I expected him to tell me to go pound sand. He never hesitated and did so with a smile.
That's the stuff that keeps me going back[smile]

Welcome to the Club. That's a good first handgun. Four Seasons is a PITA at times cuz it's so small and busy. I will NEVER go there on a Saturday if I can help it.

I go because of the customer service. Carl just recently priced matched a L.E. distributor for me on a S&W shield. I can guarantee you he sells enough of those things at such a good price to begin with. I expected him to tell me to go pound sand. He never hesitated and did so with a smile.
That's the stuff that keeps me going back[smile]
Carl was telling me he has a house in Falmouth. He said if I'm ever looking to purchase ammo in bulk, give him a call and he will load it into the car on his next trip down. Now that's customer service [emoji1]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

My first two hand guns came from Four Seasons.

Couldn't decide between a Sig 226 and a 4" - 686. Bought them both. Still have them both, great guns. Now I have more Sigs than socks, two safes and an ammo cabinet.

Welcome and congrats on your first gun. Mine was an M&P too. I also have one of those Elite holsters. But it works very well for my Ruger LC9. Really no retention with it though. Stay safe, and have fun.

Welcome and congrats on your first gun. Mine was an M&P too. I also have one of those Elite holsters. But it works very well for my Ruger LC9. Really no retention with it though. Stay safe, and have fun.
Thank You! My elite holster has snaps on top for retention. I did unsnap it before I sat down at the movies, but mostly for comfort reasons.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom