First firearm purchase

OP I'll second this, ODS is a great shop(as is Four Seasons but that drive....).

OP, do also check out ODS guns in South Yarmouth. I bought my shield 9 there while on vacay a year or two ago. They will do a trigger job on that M&P and make it the nicest shooter you ever had. [smile]

Will do. I had a single pistol safe given to me by a friend, but I'll be buying a large one sooner than later

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

If it holds fewer than 20 long guns it's not a big safe. They actually hold half what they claim.....if you plan to actually access them and not ding them all up.

If it holds fewer than 20 long guns it's not a big safe. They actually hold half what they claim.....if you plan to actually access them and not ding them all up.
I'll keep that in mind, thank You!

To the people recommending trigger work. Shouldn't I just get used to the factory trigger First? And won't modifying the trigger jam me up in court if god forbid I have to use my gun in self defense? Or is that a myth? I do carry this gun, and plan to continue carrying this gun.

I'll keep that in mind, thank You!

To the people recommending trigger work. Shouldn't I just get used to the factory trigger First? And won't modifying the trigger jam me up in court if god forbid I have to use my gun in self defense? Or is that a myth? I do carry this gun, and plan to continue carrying this gun.

It's a myth.

Have a respected gun plumber do the work. All set.

Also I'm in falmouth, right at the beginning of the cape, and honestly the drive to woburn isn't much worse than driving to yarmouth. I took my training at Kulas customs in pocasset. The Jason was awesome, those prices though

Welcome! Along with considering a rifle, also know your gun inside, and take a few training courses. Stu from Cloverfield Firearms is a very good teacher.l, I would highly recommend him.

I'll look into it, thank You! I had that thing apart like 6 or 7 times yesterday, each time venturing a little further, trying to learn as much as I could about it and how it works

Change of plans, going right to the movies, barely had time to change but didn't want to leave you guys hangin. So I snapped a couple really fast. Will post more later if anyone wants me to
3a4a5f56d5bb55db23e4141ff6bb5062.jpg
1d8736821b1634ee1df0c7ed1477c5c8.jpg

I am. And I'm doing the obligatory Wal-Mart walk before we do that. Leaving right now.

I am. And I'm doing the obligatory Wal-Mart walk before we do that. Leaving right now.

I actually have had this gift card for the movies for a couple months now, but I refused to go until the permit came in, you just never know

Sons birthday party is next weekend. So will be green in 2 Fridays. Lol, parties are expensive!

Thanks a lot! In the movie theater now waiting for it to start. Shocked I didn't see any no gun signs lol

Welcome! And enjoy your new pistol!
~Matt

You should take it to the movies with you

Agreed but understand him not bringing it. I bought my s&w bg380 and went straight to the movies at the Boston Commons. Not sure if i would have done the same with the full size m&p.

I also love four seasons, great deals. It is a bit of a drive for me also, not as bad as coming from the cape. When i go i feel like i gotta spend $50+ for it to be worth the drive.

Agreed but understand him not bringing it. I bought my s&w bg380 and went straight to the movies at the Boston Commons. Not sure if i would have done the same with the full size m&p.

I also love four seasons, great deals. It is a bit of a drive for me also, not as bad as coming from the cape. When i go i feel like i gotta spend $50+ for it to be worth the drive.
I brought it to the movies, I wear a size too big shirt anyways. I walked around Wal-Mart for an hour before hand and my wife said she couldn't tell once. It actually hides well on my body. Very happy, very comfortable. Even with the crummy holster I got. Elite survival systems nylon iwb, it's all they had. Can't wait to upgrade

Look for the sign on the way out! No kidding, one theater we went to had it on the inside outgoing door. [rofl]
Lol, I did look for that. You know, the antis can be a little fun. No signs anywhere. Would have been a tad late at that point anywho. Lol. Anyone want me to take a couple pics of everything I bought? Or we good with what I posted?

Went to four seasons yesterday to buy my first gun since I just got my ltc. Dealt with Jeff and he was fantastic. I had a few questions that he answered for me kindly. Will definitely be going back even though it was a 90 mile drive from the cape. Bought an m&p range kit and all the safety stuff I needed, as well as some targets and 350 rounds of fmj, and 100 hps. Will post pics after work today, although I'm sure you all know what it looks like [emoji1]

I hate Jeff. He's the reason I just spent $2k with Easternsecuritysafe.

Every time (5 or so now) I see him I end up with a new gun.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

It's smart marketing: FS has arranged for its coupons to be given out at firearm safety classes, so it's the first gun shop exposure for new shooters.
I'd add the FS is usually an excellent experience with good service a wide selection and usually the best price. A new shooter wouldn't know good pricing or what to expect from a gun shop. I find that most first timers are price sensitive, surprised as to how much guns and ammo cost and haven't yet completely reprioritized their finances toward guns like we have [emoji3] I always suggest new shooters go there first. Then use NES to find what good shops are closer.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I brought it to the movies, I wear a size too big shirt anyways. I walked around Wal-Mart for an hour before hand and my wife said she couldn't tell once. It actually hides well on my body. Very happy, very comfortable. Even with the crummy holster I got. Elite survival systems nylon iwb, it's all they had. Can't wait to upgrade

Bought my first gun there. Sig 229 and got the same shitty holster when I walked out too. [rofl]

Welcome to the club!

Back
Top Bottom