CNN - Communist News Network is a Dumpster Fire

Doubt it, I bet if they were to open their books we would see a massive influx of $$$ from the CCP which is keeping them and other propaganda outfits afloat

gp6Gujj.jpg

🐯

1. I didn't know Cutty Sark was a scotch. I always assumed it was a Canadian whiskey. I don't think, outside of ads in Penthouse back in the day, I ever saw ANYONE drinking it. Ever. Do they even make it anymore?? I mean, is there a big call for mediocre blended scotch?

2. I still wonder how these networks survive with the lower viewership. I'm talking all of them. 4-5 million people per night watch cable news. That's it. On 330M people, about 1.5% watch cable news. I'm sure their airport and other places (doctor's offices) business is good day-time. But no one watches this crap. If you just read the newspaper and stopped going on NES, you'd never ever even think about 90% of the news stories and would have to ask someone what a Twitter was. And that would be a wonderful world to live in.

1. I didn't know Cutty Sark was a scotch. I always assumed it was a Canadian whiskey. I don't think, outside of ads in Penthouse back in the day, I ever saw ANYONE drinking it. Ever. Do they even make it anymore??
it's a $17 bottle of blended Scotch, left over from the beginning of the days of "drinking Scotch makes me classy."
5w82wm.jpg

2. I still wonder how these networks survive with the lower viewership. I'm talking all of them. 4-5 million people per night watch cable news. That's it. On 330M people, about 1.5% watch cable news. I'm sure their airport and other places (doctor's offices) business is good day-time. But no one watches this crap. If you just read the newspaper and stopped going on NES, you'd never ever even think about 90% of the news stories and would have to ask someone what a Twitter was. And that would be a wonderful world to live in.
You lost me on the bold part. The rest? [cheers]

If you just lived a life without all the noise and potential conspiracy theories from EITHER side - like read the WSJ daily and that was your news source. Nothing else. No CNN. No Twitheads. No NES full of conspiracies (with a smattering of fact to show the integrity. LOL)

I had to look it up on Wiki b/c I can't find it online at 2 of my local liquor stores, but CS was created in the 20's. So it wasn't a blended also-ran. It just benefitted from it.

And yeah, it's $17-22/bottle. But gets some decent marks at times. Of course, some Jack Daniel's fans think it's the creme de la creme as well. Clive Cussler being one of them. LOL

1. I didn't know Cutty Sark was a scotch. I always assumed it was a Canadian whiskey. I don't think, outside of ads in Penthouse back in the day, I ever saw ANYONE drinking it. Ever. Do they even make it anymore?? I mean, is there a big call for mediocre blended scotch?

Dewars white label still exists, and that shit literally almost tastes like gasoline. I had a breakfast cocktail with that in it once at a Big Smoke in 2019 and my gut impression was "people actually drink this?" I took 2 sips and set it down. Revoltingly bad... lmao.

Not necessarily, people are still sloppily tuned into local stations etc, most of which still snort and blare some of the same statist bullshit the big cable networks do. So people marinate in this trash everywhere. Don't forget incidental exposure. I haven't turned on a TV in my own house for 6 months, but because I visit my folks a lot, Faux is blaring whenever they're awake. At least the my pillow ads rotate bit that Faggium or whatever that shit is they're trying to sell that ad literally will play verbatim like 6 times an hour..... lmao.....

You literally can't completely escape it unless you stay away from anywhere that has a tv set blaring.

IIRC, back in the day they used to have a permanent billboard
visible from the westbound L.I.E. around Roslyn Heights.

See also: Traffic that will drive you to drink.

Dewars white label still exists, and that shit literally almost tastes like gasoline. I had a breakfast cocktail with that in it once at a Big Smoke in 2019 and my gut impression was "people actually drink this?" I took 2 sips and set it down. Revoltingly bad... lmao.
Dewar's is the well scotch at the Steakloft.

In marked contrast to their slogan,
some (but allegedly not all) bottles are smokey.

BTW, did you know that Dewar's is the scotch of Amy Farrah Fowler?
1975-Dewars-Profiles.-Lynda-J.-Wells.jpg

And speaking of "smokey"...

1972-Dewars-Profiles.-Sheila-Ann-T.-Long.jpg

Continuing this thread drift a bit (and since Dennis brought up Canadian Whisky)...

For whatever reason, when I was a young Critter, the Drink Of Choice of the Lower Naugatuck Valley was...

Lord Cal.

[shocked]

21767.jpg

This is the only time you will see me linking a CNN page and it is purely to revel in the video spectacle of blatant hypocrisy as serial liar Brian Stelter invokes the term "journalistic standards" when referring to someone else.

Stelter is obviously such a turd that management had little trouble getting him to put the official knife in Cuomo, someone Stelter would have swore was his great friend a year ago.

CNN fires Chris Cuomo

🐯

Of course Cuomo was fired due CNN’s high "journalistic standards”. It had absolutely nothing do do with the fact that his ratings have tanked to the point that Wolf Blitzer’s 5 PM (ET) show “Situation Room” beats out Cuomo in the 25-54 demo (172,000 for Blitzer to 170,000 for Cuomo). Since the beginning of the year Cuomo’s total viewership has dropped by 76% and his 25-54 demo has dropped 81%. Anderson Cooper is now CNN’s highest rated prime time anchor.

Screen Shot 2021-12-04 at 10.07.47 PM.png

Haha damn right Dewars white is some nasty shit but honestly for $30 you can do a whole lot worse than the 12 year. And the Caribbean is alright if you want a whiskey of some sort aged in rum casks at < $25, it certainly isn't the Angels Envy rye I prefer but takes the edge off for 75 bucks less.

Well, that's where Naugahyde come from, no?
Yes, and was a lot of the reason for a certain bad stag joke.

He's getting it on with his lady, and she tells him she wants him to kiss her where it stinks...

...so he took her to Naugatuck.

Back in the day, people used to go to Seymour (downriver) to see what color the river was running that day.

Back
Top Bottom