Bad news LTC holders, can't buy ammo at BassPro

I didn't realize that FID's are in such a minority these days. So my guess is that what most people are slapping down on the counter there is still an FID. Mostly old guys and hunters that have had the FID for years and see no need to get an LTC.

Whoever made up that sign must see more FID's than LTC's in his average day at work. OR, he has no idea WTF he is doing like a lot of box store employees.
I'll go with option 2.

Honestly who the f*** is buying ammo at a box store anyways? you get what you deserve at that point.... box stores doing boxlike things.
Who the eff is even going into BassPro to begin with? After the caved on AR-15s I haven’t set foot in the place. That said, it’s not difficult for me as I had only gone into a BassPro shop a couple of times anyways.

Several years ago I was in a gun shop in NH trying to get them to transfer my grandfather’s .22 to me. I showed them my LTC and they asked to see my FID. When I told them that I do not have an FID they said “sorry, we can’t transfer this to you without an FID.” I was unable to explain to them that I have an LTC instead of an FID, even showing them the Mass.gov websites, etc. There was another customer in the store who use to live in MA and he backed up the shop owner about needing an FID…

Most ridiculous post so far this year. Do you really think you would be denied with a LTC? Just Trolling....
In 1998, Wal-Mart put up a similar sign in MA stores. LTC holders were denied! Eventually, they changed the signs.
I thought that they stopped selling ARs about 10+ years ago. Am I misremembering?
Basspro went woke and canceled a major GOAL fundraising event, broke the contract, took almost a year before refunding the prepaid fees.

In 1998, Wal-Mart put up a similar sign in MA stores. LTC holders were denied! Eventually, they changed the signs.

Basspro went woke and canceled a major GOAL fundraising event, broke the contract, took almost a year before refunding the prepaid fees.
Yup, women's concealed carry show.
That was the final straw for me- went from my hunting and fishing supplier to 1 box of ammo a year.

I'd buy that box elsewhere but good hunting ammo is hard to find, especially in MA

yeah.. that was a major CF.. I still think the Kraft family had a big influence on them to cancel.. that was not long after a mass shooting if I recall..

out of all the box stores around here.. I still consider them most friendly to the 2A community... Sure they've had a couple of f***-ups, but everyone does at one point or another.. and we all know that doing biz in MA, especially firearm biz, is a major kick in the nuts..

All in all.. I'd give them a pass.. see them for what they are, and how they have to do biz here in the Commiewealth to protect their liabilities, and support them... I'm not saying you have to give them LGS-type support... but surely they don't deserve the Dicks Sporting Goods treatment.

JMHO..

I *REALLY* wish I had legally bought a Glock from Bass Pro before the rat did his thing. I would have enjoyed sparring with the Bass Pro legal department over their "must be returned" declaration.

I *REALLY* wish I had legally bought a Glock from Bass Pro before the rat did his thing. I would have enjoyed sparring with the Bass Pro legal department over their "must be returned" declaration.
Yeah, I forgot about that fiasco. That would have really been a "go ahead and make me" moment.

Yeah, I forgot about that fiasco. That would have really been a "go ahead and make me" moment.
It would have been more like "Please explain the legal theory under which I have an obligation to return Glock"; "While I have been the victim of an unfair and deceptive trade practice, I will not be filing a complaint with the AGs office"; etc.

One can obtain an FID at 15, so most DPRM residents that are "growing up in the life" get the FID, then LTC.
I think I was between 10 and 12 when I got mine. Yes, the original law did say 15, but having multiple family members in the local PD seems to have bent it a bit.

Now I need to go find it and see if I'm remembering correctly.

yeah. I was in there a few weeks ago when they were modifying the shelves... appears that ammo theft (retail shrinkage) is a big problem..

:confused: This is my shocked face.

You can HAVE ammo sitting out on a shelf. But you have to HAVE A ROVING EMPLOYEE in the section all the time. Or boxes of Nines are gonna walk out daily. And boxes of 4's and 8's during birding seasons. (I forget. 8's for ducks??? Been a while.). Most folks are honest if you keep them honest. Give them a chance to cheat? They will. (See: Traffic d-bags.)

Side note: Driving to VT for the Pocky-Clips last week - I saw something I havent' seen YEARS - people speeding up past traffic using the breakdown lane. I think it was 3 people total. In the distant past, you'd get a traffic jam on 24NB and one guy would do it and 10 cars would follow. No one followed these 3 morons. It was shocking to see. But reminded me of a time when people would just cheat because someone else was cheating.

Side note: Driving to VT for the Pocky-Clips last week - I saw something I havent' seen YEARS - people speeding up past traffic using the breakdown lane.
It's a big ticket, too. There was a local cop who used to do a land office business tagging people on Rt. 1N at University Ave in Norwood back in the day.

Back
Top Bottom