Bad news LTC holders, can't buy ammo at BassPro

View attachment 873132

Seen today @BassPro. Doubt this is what they actually mean but 🤦‍♂️
It is probably because most people that shop there are hunters and fudds, not LTC carry guys.

If you are really serious about your guns and ammo you are most likely NOT shopping the box stores.

I was wondering why they reconfigured the ammo aisles so you had to enter and exit by the gun counters...

Does one not need an fid before obtaining an ltc?
Free America here so I know not
As Rob says, no.

That said, in DPRM, you need to be 21 for an LTC (License to Carry Firearms, i.e. handguns, and a few other items).

One can obtain an FID at 15, so most DPRM residents that are "growing up in the life" get the FID, then LTC.

The chair is against the wall.

It is probably because most people that shop there are hunters and fudds, not LTC carry guys.
In 2024 this makes almost no sense because very few people actually get fids anymore.... unless they're under 21. that's basically the only reason anybody would bother getting an FID at this point. I think according to stats fids are a minority of the licenses issued these days by a huge amount. (It used to be the other way around but once gca 1998 happened, it started a slow flip in the other direction because various classes of long guns required at least an ltcB or better.)

Honestly FID is literally approaching the point where a lot of Mass Gun Owners probably don't even know what the hell it is anymore especially if they're new.

In 2024 this makes almost no sense because very few people actually get fids anymore.... unless they're under 21. that's basically the only reason anybody would bother getting an FID at this point. I think according to stats fids are a minority of the licenses issued these days by a huge amount. (It used to be the other way around but once gca 1998 happened, it started a slow flip in the other direction because various classes of long guns required at least an ltcB or better.)

Honestly FID is literally approaching the point where a lot of Mass Gun Owners probably don't even know what the hell it is anymore especially if they're new.
I didn't realize that FID's are in such a minority these days. So my guess is that what most people are slapping down on the counter there is still an FID. Mostly old guys and hunters that have had the FID for years and see no need to get an LTC.

Whoever made up that sign must see more FID's than LTC's in his average day at work. OR, he has no idea WTF he is doing like a lot of box store employees.

The only issuance/revocation difference is the issuing authority cannot deny or revoke an FID for a non-statutory reason without petitioning the district court at which point the judge will hear the issuing authority and applicants arguments, carefully consider them, and then grant the issuing authority's request to revoke of deny an LTC.

I do, however, know of one case where an LTC was revoked (decision upheld by district court) for having a dismissed charge, but the PD did not fight the person's applicant for an FID.

In a few months you can just say goodbye to crime!! This is a real solution to save lives. lol

I didn't realize that FID's are in such a minority these days. So my guess is that what most people are slapping down on the counter there is still an FID. Mostly old guys and hunters that have had the FID for years and see no need to get an LTC.

Whoever made up that sign
must see more FID's than LTC's in his average day at work. OR, he has no idea WTF he is doing like a lot of box store employees.
A while ago, I was at Stop and Shop, and there was a sign for, "Tree-Ripened Pineapple."

I pointed out that pineapples did not grow on trees, and the produce guy said, "Yeah....I know....but we have to put up the signs they send us." [laugh]

If you are really serious about your guns and ammo you are most likely NOT shopping the box stores.
This- the only thing I buy at bass pro is a box of hunting ammo every year.

Sight in with 5, probably shoot 3 all season. Inevitably drop 2 out of the stand never to be seen again, save 10 for the apocalypse.

All my other ammo comes from the northern territories or my lgs if they have a good deal.

A while ago, I was at Stop and Shop, and there was a sign for, "Tree-Ripened Pineapple."

I pointed out that pineapples did not grow on trees, and the produce guy said, "Yeah....I know....but we have to put up the signs they send us." [laugh]
Wait, pine apples don’t grow on trees?!?! I thought all apples grew on trees!!

Back
Top Bottom