Alert - Public Hearing Thursday Morning at State House - All 2A related legislation

god damn it .. i am just going to drive my guns to florida and store them there with all this bullshit.

Why? It's mostly the same bullshit that has come up every year for the past like, 10-15 years or so. Some of these bills were being pushed before NES even existed. Hell the insurance bill is back, even despite the industry reps in MA coming out last year and saying "no, we wont do it, go **** yourselves, this idea is stupid" but the antis will keep posting it up as part of their pomp and circumstance every year...

I'm not saying "don't do anything" but most of this stuff is hardly new.

-Mike

DO NOT let them get away with the same bullshit stunt of reserving the front row seats by draping tshirts over them.

Probably will happen anyways because if I was going to make a WAG, some anti gun douchebag pol makes arrangements to get them in early and give them special disneyland treatment, etc. Could probably be resolved if someone made a scene with the right people but I don't think we have that much influence.

-Mike

Probably will happen anyways because if I was going to make a WAG, some anti gun douchebag pol makes arrangements to get them in early and give them special disneyland treatment, etc. Could probably be resolved if someone made a scene with the right people but I don't think we have that much influence.

-Mike

You are free to move stuff and take the seats. Reserving seating for those arriving later is NOT allowed. If you wish you can reconfirm with the sergeant at arms.

Last edited:
You are free to move stuff and take the seats. Reserving seating for those arriving later is NOT allowed. If you wish you can reconfirm with the sergeant at arms.

So if people show up and there is a section decorated with douche shirts what do they do? just throw them on the floor and take the seats? [laugh]

-Mike

So if people show up and there is a section decorated with douche shirts what do they do? just throw them on the floor and take the seats? [laugh]

-Mike

How about a Bounty for the shirts?

This..

When I attended the hearings in '13, I was up in arms primarily because of Linsky's demand for insurance requirements for gun owners; I find the mere suggestion abhorrent and contrary to the entire notion of civil rights. But given that its been proposed a million times over and found to be utterly unworkable, I came to the simple conclusion that allows me to sleep better at night:

Politics is a job. TO stay relevant in said job, the politician must continuously appeal to his or her base by appearing to "do something" without doing a goddamned thing. To put it another way, they know this is bullshit, they just want to look like they're working. Its kind of like a guy who goes to work every day at a job, ****s around, everyone knows he ****s around, but when the boss walks out, all of a sudden, he's huffing and puffing like he's accomplished something.

But we're the boss. We know the score.

Why? It's mostly the same bullshit that has come up every year for the past like, 10-15 years or so. Some of these bills were being pushed before NES even existed. Hell the insurance bill is back, even despite the industry reps in MA coming out last year and saying "no, we wont do it, go **** yourselves, this idea is stupid" but the antis will keep posting it up as part of their pomp and circumstance every year...

I'm not saying "don't do anything" but most of this stuff is hardly new.

-Mike

This one looked promising and would go a long way to at least putting things right in MA post-Heller and McDonald:

H.2158 An Act relative to constitutional rights

The big question I have is this: What can I do as a citizen to help some of these bills?

SHOW UP!

As a start, seats need to be filled. Second is writing letters and calling. Third is to recruit more people for 1 and 2.

Anything is something.
Women are needed in the Gallery.
Too many jerky eating Neanderthals (like me) grunting...

Good question - do as I did - email your local reps. follow up with a phone call, keep calling until they, not their assistants call you back. If local to them, drop in and say hi. you'd be amazed at how they are more than willing to speak with you so long as the conversation is respectful and shows due respect to their position.

far too many of us in the gun community are so distrustful of our legislature and yes, for good reason. But so long as there is a system in place, a respectful conversation, replete with facts vs emotional appeals (the hallmark of our enemy), can and WILL go a long way.

This one looked promising and would go a long way to at least putting things right in MA post-Heller and McDonald:

H.2158 An Act relative to constitutional rights

The big question I have is this: What can I do as a citizen to help some of these bills?

ACTUALLY, women SPEAKING is important. You should call GOAL and ask how you can help. If that comes up short, ask here.

SHOW UP!

As a start, seats need to be filled. Second is writing letters and calling. Third is to recruit more people for 1 and 2.

And bring friends. Understand what is proposed and speak on it. I've recruited 3-5 people for today. This is all on us.

Mike

Sent from my cell phone with a tiny keyboard and large thumbs...

The Constitution is a muscle that needs to be flexed from time to time lest it wither away...

Men are fine. Neanderthals are fine (as I am a Neanderthal)

What isn't fine? Idiocy. Being the sum of the stereotype created by the media and the anti-gun movement.

So....do your part, don't look or come off as an idiot. Dress appropriately - it is a government building and while we all have our issues with government, we need to look and act the part. Show deference and respect by acting right, dressing the part - please for the love of god, take a shower, comb your hair and leave the very obnoxious pro-gun t shirts at home. Those t shirts are wonderful for agitating members of the general anti public, but the State House is simply NOT the place for them.

When speaking with the opposition, and yes, you should most certainly engage them, be respectful, calm and polite - even when they're being *******s - every time I've been to one of these little shindigs, I've found that conversing with them calmly vs with too much passion, throws them off their game because they're expecting ME to be as irrational as THEM.

Example - I've been to rallies, ours and theirs as well as testimonies where emotions ran very high. My first one involved me getting into a pissing match with an anti, leftist who went on to tell me I was OK with the slaughter of kids. Having a pregnant wife at home at the time, let's just say my reaction and demeanor was a wee bit more Irish than necessary.

After a few more encounters and observations, I learned that being calm in the face of hysteria will do one of 2 things, a) make them more insane and vitriolic or b) my "calm" mode actually disarmed their rhetoric, allowing them to take pause and carefully choose their words and engage in an actual conversation.

Did approach b actually change any minds? Doubtful - but its a lot harder to intellectually dismiss someone who possesses a calm demeanor in the face of personal and political attacks.

Anything is something.
Women are needed in the Gallery.
Too many jerky eating Neanderthals (like me) grunting...

And kids. Would love to see some parents in the Gallery with our Future in-tow...

And kids. Would love to see some parents in the Gallery with our Future in-tow...

Id like to see high school kids there - a pro 2A youth panel. I still shake my head at the anti youth panel that was there last time. 3 girls going on about how they were/are mentally ill and the nearly crying beta boy who went on about how he feared going to class because he thought he was going to be mowed down by a machine gun in class. I remember vividly everyone in the gallery laughing at him and Naughton banging the gavel -- even Naughton appeared to roll his eyes.

Exactly. For me, firearms ownership is a tradition, not just an "means to an end" and must be passed down...

Just an FYI I was reading the bios of many on the commitee and a handful are former LE, including Michael Moore, and I didnt see any obvious antis other than Chang-Diaz.

I keep stressing the respect thing as well but some feel this is a good place to go on and on and read from a manifesto. I reiterate that that is counter productive, causes people to tune out, supports bad stereotypes, etc. This is Massachusetts. This is the Massachuaetts legislature. They proved to be more reasonable than CA, CT, and NY... but we still cannot forget where we are.

Mike

Sent from my cell phone with a tiny keyboard and large thumbs...

Reminder: Hearing is from 10AM till 2PM, but you need not be there all day.
If you can only make it for an hour or two...that helps!

Regrettably due to business (Constable) work deadlines, I'm unable to attend the hearings today however I just finished writing 3 pages of testimony and Emailed it off to all members.

SHOW UP!

It would have been do able for me to go to this if I had a wee bit more than less than 24 hours notice. I only found because of an nra email yesterday. There was nothing in here or anywhere else. I would love to have a lively chat with our legislators.

Back
Top Bottom