• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Amber Alert Chicopee

I have wired a whole bunch of those for both the state and local towns…. They are out there and being used. I’ve even done some facial recognition cameras on roadways…
Also, do those tinted plate covers have any effect on them? (im assuming not)

I have no idea, I bet they do as they rely on the metallic properties of the paint heavily.

They work from a stunning distance I have seen during programming.
I wonder if you could put some sort of metallic coating on the inside of e clear plate, if it would defeat the plate reader while not attracting the attention of LE? Something like the metal-flake in a paint job?

Am I supposed to be more vigilant because the 3 year old is autistic? Shouldn't I be just as concerned about a regular 3 year old being kidnapped?
I think they mentioned that because its a big tipoff, you see some 60 yr old with a nonverbal kid in the back.....

I wonder if you could put some sort of metallic coating on the inside of e clear plate, if it would defeat the plate reader while not attracting the attention of LE? Something like the metal-flake in a paint job?
Wasn't there a video in NYC of a guy who was biking around cars showing how they beat the plate readers by placing leaves over a part of the plate and blocking recognition?

Glad to hear this ended well. The amber alert system has an extremely high success rate because it can only be triggered for very specific circumstances and with credible information. I'm glad we have this system in place. The rarity of getting one of these alerts is what makes it work well. Plate reader systems get amber alerts and at least for this purpose they make sense.

I got the alert at 10:30. The abduction was at 9ish

Why the delay?

Seriously, 1.5 hours?
I didn't get it on my work phone until after 230pm and still haven't gotten it on my personal cell. I made sure my alerts were turned on. As it was going down, I was one town over, under 2 miles, from the hotel so you would have figured the geo-locating would have pushed it closest to people who were closest.

Doing that would give the police a pretext to pull you over since you've obstructed the view of the license plate. That's buried somewhere in chapter 90 I think.

I did the same thing when we moved to texas. We get Amber alerts for missing kids and silver alerts for missing senior citizens. With the size of Texas that alert which goes out statewide can be for something 13 hours away by car.

I shut the amber alerts on my phones upon moving to NC. There are amber alerts everyday because the state is so big many cases 2-4 hours away from me.

I think it’s just one large blast that covers a whole state.

Back
Top Bottom